Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The 2018 Recruiting Thread

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:32 pm
  • davidonmi wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Kaleipo wants to be a Duck. His mom wants him to be a Husky. Gotta love parents that wont let their kids make their own decisions Oh well, Cristobol will probably land somebody better.

1. you don't know what he really wants. his twitter timeline does not back up your assertion. you could be right, you could not be right.
    2. good luck finding someone better. that BS hype Oregon had this summer is starting to wear off. Taggart is your sark

This is funny.."Taggart is your Sark"..JS you better hope not
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:41 pm
  • davidonmi wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Kaleipo wants to be a Duck. His mom wants him to be a Husky. Gotta love parents that wont let their kids make their own decisions Oh well, Cristobol will probably land somebody better.

1. you don't know what he really wants. his twitter timeline does not back up your assertion. you could be right, you could not be right.
    2. good luck finding someone better. that BS hype Oregon had this summer is starting to wear off. Taggart is your sark

1. I personally know the person that edited his "I commit to Oregon" edit for him before his mom jumped into the picture. You can believe it or not, doesnt really matter, because hes going to UW.

2. Oregon recruiting is just getting started. Wait til you see what we finish up with this cycle. We've got 2 five stars still coming, plus a few more high 4 stars. I have zero worries in that department.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:19 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    davidonmi wrote:

1. I personally know the person that edited his "I commit to Oregon" edit for him before his mom jumped into the picture. You can believe it or not, doesnt really matter, because hes going to UW.

2. Oregon recruiting is just getting started. Wait til you see what we finish up with this cycle. We've got 2 five stars still coming, plus a few more high 4 stars. I have zero worries in that department.

a large number of your current "commits" are taking multiple visits. let's see where y'all are at when you're 2-5 in conference in a month.
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:26 pm
  • I think UW is gonna finish with a strong class. I have no doubt Oregon's will be rated higher as it will take time to change the reputation of the two programs. but that is half the game. if recruiting were all that mattered USC would win the pac-12 every season. the way taggart runs his program is very sark-like.

I'd welcome a UW Oregon rivalry where both teams are top 10, especially given UW and Oregon don't seem to be recruiting the same players. ND and Stanford are killing us.
    Last edited by davidonmi on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:28 pm
  • davidonmi wrote:a large number of your current "commits" are taking multiple visits. let's see where y'all are at when you're 2-5 in conference in a month. you'll get hufunga. not sure who the 2nd one you're referencing is tho

Yep, Taggarts rule is that commits can take as many visits as they want, as long as Oregon gets the final visit. I love that rule personally. Losing a few games wont be a problem, they commited to a 4-8 team. They knew it was a rebuilding project when they commited. Just gotta keep pushing hope for the future, which there is tons of. Defense is massively improved and offense was top 5 in the country before injuries hit. I'm sure there will be a decommit or two though, there always is, and I have full confidence in this staff to replace them with other studs. The 2nd 5 star is Devon Williams, athlete from Los Angeles.

Curious, did you hear anything about how Tommy Togiai's visit went? That dude is a stud.

Btw, i'm not completely sold on Taggart as an x's and o's coach. But I am completely sold on the staff he built, especially defensively.
    Last edited by JSeahawks on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:30 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    davidonmi wrote:a large number of your current "commits" are taking multiple visits. let's see where y'all are at when you're 2-5 in conference in a month. you'll get hufunga. not sure who the 2nd one you're referencing is tho

Yep, Taggarts rule is that commits can take as many visits as they want, as long as Oregon gets the final visit. I love that rule personally. Losing a few games wont be a problem, they commited to a 4-8 team. They knew it was a rebuilding project when they commited. Just gotta keep pushing hope for the future, which there is tons of. Defense is massively improved and offense was top 5 in the country before injuries hit. I'm sure there will be a decommit or two though, there always is, and I have full confidence in this staff to replace them with other studs. The 2nd 5 star is Devon Williams, athlete from Los Angeles.

Curious, did you hear anything about how Tommy Togiai's visit went? That dude is a stud.

ruth is claiming it went super well and we may even be the leaders now, which doesn't surprise me and I'm not buying.

Kid is enamored with tOSU.
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:32 pm
  • malloe needs to and will be replaced this offseason. he can coach DL that is for sure, but like with strausser if you can't recruit you have to go (kwitkowski the one exception). and he's not a good recruiter
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:34 pm
  • davidonmi wrote:malloe needs to and will be replaced this offseason. he can coach DL that is for sure, but like with strausser if you can't recruit you have to go (kwitkowski the one exception). and he's not a good recruiter

Really? You think they'll fire Malloe? I figured he might be your d'coordinator in waiting (assuming Jimmy Lake gets a head coach job or big time D. Coordinator position somewhere else)
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:36 pm
  • if UW can finish with
    2 of taimani, tremblay, and togiai. (I think we get tremblay and taimani feels like either we're neck and neck with ND or leading)
    1 of martin and Kaho (I think we get him)
    and then 1 or both of Irvin and Gordon it'll be a great class.
    Not sure about RB but given how deep we are in that position I'm not sure it matters. Not in love with Newton or Brown
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:37 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    davidonmi wrote:malloe needs to and will be replaced this offseason. he can coach DL that is for sure, but like with strausser if you can't recruit you have to go (kwitkowski the one exception). and he's not a good recruiter

Really? You think they'll fire Malloe? I figured he might be your d'coordinator in waiting (assuming Jimmy Lake gets a head coach job or big time D. Coordinator position somewhere else)

kwitkowski is the D-coordinator, and he's not going anywhere. I do think malloe gets fired unless he saves himself this recruiting cycle.
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:40 pm
  • davidonmi wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    davidonmi wrote:malloe needs to and will be replaced this offseason. he can coach DL that is for sure, but like with strausser if you can't recruit you have to go (kwitkowski the one exception). and he's not a good recruiter

kwitkowski is the D-coordinator, and he's not going anywhere. I do think malloe gets fired unless he saves himself this recruiting cycle.

He seems like a great coach. Although you're right, his recruiting doesnt seem up to par.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:45 pm
  • davidonmi wrote:if UW can finish with
    2 of taimani, tremblay, and togiai. (I think we get tremblay and taimani feels like either we're neck and neck with ND or leading)
    Not sure about RB but given how deep we are in that position I'm not sure it matters. Not in love with Newton or Brown

For what its worth, Jhop says that Oregon is in a pretty good spot with Tremblay. We'll see what happens. Thanks for participating in this thread though, i love talking about this stuff. Recruiting is a year long roller coaster.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:25 pm
  • The number 2 overall player in the 2019 class. DT from Louisiana. I'm guessing he'll probably end up at Alabama or LSU, but still cool to see:

JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:16 pm
  • another guy who I forgot to mention is mauresse wren. who now has 6 CB's to UW. would be a good fit as an outside rusher for us. Wants to play WR which is not his future. we're recruiting him as an athlete
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:02 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    davidonmi wrote:if UW can finish with

For what its worth, Jhop says that Oregon is in a pretty good spot with Tremblay. We'll see what happens. Thanks for participating in this thread though, i love talking about this stuff. Recruiting is a year long roller coaster.

Really? Didn't know Oregon was pursuing trembly. I thought it was a 2 way battle between Alabama and UW
    goseahawks2012
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:26 am
  • This article is from 2014 it shows that bad coaching staffs will ruin any recruit regardless of star rating.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/10 ... igning-day

I would trust Chris Petersen with the 100th rated class more then I would trust Willie Taggart with the number 1 class.

Just look at Oregon's top performing class of 2008 was ranked 8th in the conference.

https://oregon.247sports.com/Season/200 ... ll/Commits

It is all about coaching who can turn a homesick 18-year old into a football force in three years.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:17 pm
  • sdog1981 wrote:This article is from 2014 it shows that bad coaching staffs will ruin any recruit regardless of star rating.

I would trust Chris Petersen with the 100th rated class more then I would trust Willie Taggart with the number 1 class.

Just look at Oregon's top performing class of 2008 was ranked 8th in the conference.

It is all about coaching who can turn a homesick 18-year old into a football force in three years.

Player development under Helfrich was nonexistent. There were some good coaches on that staff, but I think even the good coaches were burnt out. Taggart's staff, especially the defensive side, is freaking amazing at developing and using talent. The improvement of both the individuals, as well as the whole, is off the charts. Offensively I don't think there is as much of a difference, but there wasn't nearly as much room for improvement. I don't know about Taggart himself, but he built an incredible staff that I wouldn't trade for anyone else in the country, especially on the defensive side. Leavitt, Salave'a, Clark and Heyward were worth every penny.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:39 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:This article is from 2014 it shows that bad coaching staffs will ruin any recruit regardless of star rating.

Player development under Helfrich was nonexistent. There were some good coaches on that staff, but I think even the good coaches were burnt out. .

This was the biggest shock of the duck's dip. It was like all of the talent just fell off a cliff.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:53 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:This article is from 2014 it shows that bad coaching staffs will ruin any recruit regardless of star rating.

Player development under Helfrich was nonexistent. There were some good coaches on that staff, but I think even the good coaches were burnt out. Taggart's staff, especially the defensive side, is freaking amazing at developing and using talent. The improvement of both the individuals, as well as the whole, is off the charts. Offensively I don't think there is as much of a difference, but there wasn't nearly as much room for improvement. I don't know about Taggart himself, but he built an incredible staff that I wouldn't trade for anyone else in the country, especially on the defensive side. Leavitt, Salave'a, Clark and Heyward were worth every penny.

sark brought on Wilcox, Tosh, Sirmon, etc. and while the recruiting and defense improved the team was still an undisciplined mess.
    asst. coaches aren't permanent and can only do so much
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:19 pm
  • whoa.
    Ohio State mod says if togiai decides today it's likely UW.

Will announce in December because it sounds like his coach is pushing tOSU and told him to hold off. Won't even visit USC.
    this would be gigantic.
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:36 pm
  • davidonmi wrote:whoa.

Will announce in December because it sounds like his coach is pushing tOSU and told him to hold off. Won't even visit USC.
    this would be gigantic.

Would be a huge get. If he's not announcing til December the Huskies need to worry about the post visit glow wearing off. Obviously distance favors Washington in this one, but Urban Meyer usually gets his man. Togiai is a beast. If that happens you may have to rescind your "fire Malloe" idea.

Are you a member over at realdawg? Whats your name there? I've been banned from that place more times then I can count, usually just for being a smartass, not even for saying anything bad. My current banning was because I asked why any recruit would want to wear the color purple. Ruth doesnt have much of a sense of humor.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:39 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    davidonmi wrote:whoa.

this would be gigantic.

Would be a huge get. If he's not announcing til December the Huskies need to worry about the post visit glow wearing off. Obviously distance favors Washington in this one, but Urban Meyer usually gets his man. Togiai is a beast. If that happens you may have to rescind your "fire Malloe" idea.

Are you a member over at realdawg? Whats your name there? I've been banned from that place more times then I can count, usually just for being a smartass, not even for saying anything bad. My current banning was because I asked why any recruit would want to wear the color purple. Ruth doesnt have much of a sense of humor.

Ruth is the worst. And this is coming from a UW fan. That's why I stick to scout
    goseahawks2012
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:08 pm
  • Dawgman is no better and their content in terms of interviews, quotes, is actually worse than ruth (who is not great I agree).

I just lurk there really.

And as for firing malloe, I will gladly praise malloe if he pulls this off. I may even finally get over tuiapulotu
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:52 am
  • davidonmi wrote:Dawgman is no better and their content in terms of interviews, quotes, is actually worse than ruth (who is not great I agree).

I just lurk there really.

And as for firing malloe, I will gladly praise malloe if he pulls this off. I may even finally get over tuiapulotu

Did you see that Tuipaloto is out for the year after back surgery? You might have dodged a bullet on that one. Back problems can't be good for a DT.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:18 am
  • Ducks lost 5* WR Henderson overnight, he's headed to Oklahoma.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:39 am
  • drrew wrote:Ducks lost 5* WR Henderson overnight, he's headed to Oklahoma.

2019 recruit. He was already commited to Oklahoma at one point and decommited. I believe he was also commited to LSU at one point. 3 commitments and 3 decommitments and there’s still over a year left in his recruiting, kid might want to hold off committing again for awhile.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:40 pm
  • drrew wrote:Ducks lost 5* WR Henderson overnight, he's headed to Oklahoma.

Don't blame him...I wouldn't want to go to Oregon either if I could go to Oklahoma. Chances that the Ducks will be in the mix for National Championship in the next 3-4 years are very slim. He has better opportunity with Oklahoma.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:52 pm
  • J..

Do you know Bickler? Oregon HS player currently committed to Beavers. My best friends nephew.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:11 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:J..

Do you know Bicker? Oregon HS player currently committed to Beavers. My best friends nephew.

No, i'm not familiar with him. 6'7", and looks to be pretty quick on the Pass rush. Listed at 240 so he’ll probably need a redshirt year to put on some weight at defensive end. Looks like he has some good potential. Here's his senior highlights:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4059766/59 ... 12c4053d9a
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:19 pm
  • Ducks have added te/wr Michael Ezeike from Ontario, California. High 3 star, 6’5”, 230 he’ll likely be a flex tight end in college. Pretty impressive highlight reel:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4788872/58 ... 27b43ad86c
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:26 pm
  • And just for fun, ducks basketball added Bol Bol (manutes son). He’s the #3 prospect in the country and the ducks now have the #1 ranked class in the country.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:49 pm

Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:41 am

Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:09 am
  • Btw, expect Chip Kelly and Yankoff to at least flirt with each other. UCLA already has a highly rated qb commited, so I don’t know if he’ll flip or not, but I hear there’s already been contact between the two sides.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:59 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Btw, expect Chip Kelly and Yankoff to at least flirt with each other. UCLA already has a highly rated qb commited, so I don’t know if he’ll flip or not, but I hear there’s already been contact between the two sides.

He's scheduled to start attending the UW in January, so Chip better move fast. Sirmon is supposed to enroll in January as well.

Yankoff would certainly seem to be a good fit for a Chip Kelly offense, but then Thompson-Robinson (the current UCLA QB recruit) should be as well and he's already publicly stated he is keeping his commitment to UCLA.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:28 pm

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:31 pm
  • Well, if Taggart leaves for Florida State you can probably delete about half of the Ducks portion of this thread. Will be a very depressing day.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:18 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Well, if Taggart leaves for Florida State you can probably delete about half of the Ducks portion of this thread. Will be a very depressing day.

Could probably save some if Cristobal named coach, but not sure he's ready for that yet.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:58 am
  • Just sick that coaches can leave on the next big $$$..I mean NFL coaches do not get that kind of money.
    I cannot stand the Ducks ect but the coaching money wheel really turns me off.
    I may end up not watching any football soon and leave it to the "look at me on phone fans"
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:49 pm
  • drrew wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Well, if Taggart leaves for Florida State you can probably delete about half of the Ducks portion of this thread. Will be a very depressing day.

Could probably save some if Cristobal named coach, but not sure he's ready for that yet.

Treshaun Harrison decommits. Taggart needs to shit or get off the pot.

Honestly, if Taggart leaves im probably bowing out of this thread and wont update it anymore. Too depressing :(
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:27 pm

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:14 pm
  • drrew wrote:I'll just post this link https://oregon.247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/Decommits and we can bump the thread for each new Oregon announcement.

I believe we'd be up to 5 bumps since slick Willie started pulling the decorations off his tree.

Most of them are saying they'll be back if they like the hire. After watching the twitter activity i'm actually starting to feel a lot more optimistic. The 4 Florida kids are most likely following Willie to Florida State. I think the Ducks will end up keeping, or getting back, most of the rest of them. Although Chip Kelly is already trying to get his hooks into a few of them.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:23 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Most of them are saying they'll be back if they like the hire. After watching the twitter activity i'm actually starting to feel a lot more optimistic. The 4 Florida kids are most likely following Willie to Florida State. I think the Ducks will end up keeping, or getting back, most of the rest of them. Although Chip Kelly is already trying to get his hooks into a few of them.

I think Chip has Harrison already, but the announcement isn't imminent.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:19 pm
  • drrew wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

I think Chip has Harrison already, but the announcement isn't imminent.

I saw today that Taggarts first new offer out from FSU as coach was to Tre'shaun. I know Willie is the guy on Oregon's staff he had the best connection with. Will be interesting to see if Taggart can get him to go across the country. If he doesnt come to Oregon I hope he makes it out of the conference, cuz the kids going to be a star.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:06 am
  • Huskies get a commit from a 3* linebacker out of Utah.

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:50 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:Huskies get a commit from a 3* linebacker out of Utah.

I like this dude. Probably my 3rd favorite recruit you guys have landed after Yankoff and Spiker.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:28 pm
  • UW got 2 more commitments today with 3 star OLB/DE ZION TUPUOLA-FETUI and 4 star Sam Taimani who right now is scheduled to be a DL but could be switched to OL depending on if UW is able to close on a couple of other DL.
    goseahawks2012
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:17 pm
  • goseahawks2012 wrote:UW got 2 more commitments today with 3 star OLB/DE ZION TUPUOLA-FETUI and 4 star Sam Taimani who right now is scheduled to be a DL but could be switched to OL depending on if UW is able to close on a couple of other DL.

Isn't Taimani a top 10 Offensive Lineman?
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:42 am
  • The_Z_Man wrote:
    goseahawks2012 wrote:UW got 2 more commitments today with 3 star OLB/DE ZION TUPUOLA-FETUI and 4 star Sam Taimani who right now is scheduled to be a DL but could be switched to OL depending on if UW is able to close on a couple of other DL.

Isn't Taimani a top 10 Offensive Lineman?

He's the 7th rated guard. According to 247. I have heard that he prefers defense.

https://247sports.com/Player/Sam-Taimani-93047
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:54 am
  • UW's class is now up to 11th in the country. Ducks is down to 10th after 6 decommitments with Taggart leaving (I expect 3 or 4 of them to come back). They're pretty much tied in average star ranking, with UW recruits averaging 89.35 and Oregon recruits averaging 89.25. We're both behind USC and UCLA in average star rankings.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:42 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information