Khalid Abdullah

Lennie

Reaction score
I watched the James Madison, North Dakota State game last night.

This Khalid Abdullah kid looked pretty good. Anybody have any opinions on him?

sutz

Reaction score
Perhaps if you provide a little more info on the guy. Peeps around here are pretty good, but even they have trouble following all of the small schools around the country.

McGruff

Reaction score
Lennie":9h8btx5h said:
I watched the James Madison, North Dakota State game last night.

This Khalid Abdullah kid looked pretty good. Anybody have any opinions on him?

I'll see what I can find. Small school guys are tough this early in the process. After the senior bowl, combine and pr days the cream will start to rise and more video will become available from the top sleeper prospects.

McGruff

Reaction score
Watched the championship game in condensed form . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxXI2yC8VYA

Abdullah looks solid. He's a big back, listed at 220, but is compact and well proportioned. He runs with good vision for his blocking, finding the creases and getting through them decisively. He's got some nifty little moves. Nothing ankle breaking, but enough to fool some tacklers. He doesn't shy away from contact and runs through tackles. He's active in blocking and on the few opportunties in this game, he caught the ball cleanly. Has experience in the read zone, which is a bonus for us.

On the negative side, he isn't explosive and doesn't seem to have a high top end speed. At his level of competition I want to see him running away from defenders in the open field, but he is often caught from behind. His estimated 40 time is in the high 4.6-4.7 range, which is pretty slow and appears confirmed on the tape. Also has the annoying Christine Michael propensity to spin, which will get you in trouble in the NFL.

He's a tough runner who is tough to bring down, and I could see Seattle being interested in that, but not until late. He's currently listed as the 24th ranked back by nfldraftscout, so I think that is good range for us to consider him. Late round or UDFA.

OP
OP
Lennie

Lennie

Reaction score
McGruff":1po4nsln said:
Watched the championship game in condensed form . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxXI2yC8VYA

Abdullah looks solid. He's a big back, listed at 220, but is compact and well proportioned. He runs with good vision for his blocking, finding the creases and getting through them decisively. He's got some nifty little moves. Nothing ankle breaking, but enough to fool some tacklers. He doesn't shy away from contact and runs through tackles. He's active in blocking and on the few opportunties in this game, he caught the ball cleanly. Has experience in the read zone, which is a bonus for us.

On the negative side, he isn't explosive and doesn't seem to have a high top end speed. At his level of competition I want to see him running away from defenders in the open field, but he is often caught from behind. His estimated 40 time is in the high 4.6-4.7 range, which is pretty slow and appears confirmed on the tape. Also has the annoying Christine Michael propensity to spin, which will get you in trouble in the NFL.

He's a tough runner who is tough to bring down, and I could see Seattle being interested in that, but not until late. He's currently listed as the 24th ranked back by nfldraftscout, so I think that is good range for us to consider him. Late round or UDFA.

Thanks!