Grading Seahawks draft

jake206

Reaction score
So far I give them B-...I think they did alright. But no player just has that wow factor. They could've had that with 1st round pick, but went with Ifedi. I hope they prove me wrong. I feel like they could have gambled with BPA, but chose to draft for need.

Atradees

Reaction score
A solid C. They did their homework. Too much homework in fact. Three third round players will not not be on the team in two years. A very disappointing third round. Its OK to overthink things.......there will be a phenom from this draft. I dont think outta the third round.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Atradees":12pa4qi5 said:
A solid C. They did their homework. Too much homework in fact. Three third round players will not not be on the team in two years. A very disappointing third round. Its OK to overthink things.......there will be a phenom from this draft. I dont think outta the third round.

LOL. OK.

Id give them an F.

As in who really gives a fart about grades. Seahawks dont.

Edited: for F Bomb, keep main forums clean, please.

seabowl

Reaction score
Atradees":34nf0cmj said:

Agree. Just like that short 3rd round kid we took at QB a few years back. What a waste of a pick. What was his name? I wonder what ever happened to him. Probably bagging groceries now.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Atradees":2mrpjr4a said:
Congrats, you win for most ridiculous post of the draft

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I am not stoked about Ifedi and am a little concerned about the dude from BS, but I like the rest of the selections. At this point I feel like it's a solid if not spectacular draft.

B.

Sent from my iPhone, which is way better than Roland's Nokia.

cover-2

Reaction score
For me, I give the Seahawks an A for the first three rounds. I can understand some fans being disappointed because we haven't really drafted a bunch of athletic proven playmaking skill positions players, but we shored up are weaknesses. I'm guessing the rest of our picks will be more athletic high upside skill position players.

Chapow

Reaction score
Atradees":23nspx4a said:

So you think they completely wasted three (!) 3rd round picks and yet you give them a C? :lol:

You must really, really like our first 2 picks. Not sure how flushing 3 3rd round picks down the toilet could be anything but an F.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I have to grade this draft a big ?. I am really unsure how these guys will work out. I don't like Ifedi as a player, but we need help on the line and I love his personality. I am pulling hard for him to work out.

I love Jarran Reed, but I don't think he fills a big need for us. We have a run stuffer in Rubin. We need pass rushing. But he's a great player. He's a bargain where we got him.

The third round was more mystery for me. I never even heard of the RB from Notre Dame or the Lineman from Boise St. But the tape on the RB looks good. Can't understand why he was so under the radar. But we have Rawls so sure, take a flyer on someone whom you think is a unique talent.

Love Nick Vannett, and was hoping we would pick him all along. So in the end the Seahawks have stumped me, and I will just root for the success of every one of these guys. It's not how I would have picked but ultimately I care about the success of the team. If the team is successful with these players, I'm good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Atradees

Reaction score
Chapow":1yjxj1ty said:
Atradees":1yjxj1ty said:

So you think they completely wasted three (!) 3rd round picks and yet you give them a C? :lol:

You must really, really like our first 2 picks. Not sure how flushing 3 3rd round picks down the toilet could be anything but an F.

The guys they picked in the third didnt have to be drafted. They were reaches. They were not third round talents. I liked the first two yes.

Would you guys, objectively mind you, Look at some of these other teams drafts?

There were rbs without a fumble tendency w proven track records
There were guards without injury histories
There were less risky TE. That started four years. Caught passes and blocked.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Atradees":2p96mapx said:

LOL. They may not be Pro Bowlers, but to say they won't be on the team in 2 years? Wow.

There is such a thing as drafting role players. Prosise has the potential to be our 3rd down back for the next 3-4 years, and Vannett is the type of TE blocker that this FO has been searching to find for 3 years.

If you view every single pick as "trying to find the next phenom" then you will constantly be disappointed. That's not what the draft is about.

Atradees

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2qkvo7jp said:
Atradees":2qkvo7jp said:

LOL. They may not be Pro Bowlers, but to say they won't be on the team in 2 years? Wow.

There is such a thing as drafting role players. Prosise has the potential to be our 3rd down back for the next 3-4 years, and Vannett is the type of TE blocker that this FO has been searching to find for 3 years.

If you view every single pick as "trying to find the next phenom" then you will constantly be disappointed. That's not what the draft is about.

I know we couldnt trade the compensatory picks. We could have gotten these guys much much later.

Time will tell ultimately. I was hoping for a better showing and was disappointed.

Other than that, yeah go Hawks back to the Superbowl..

And I cant wait to see the rest of the pick ups still.