2017 Free Agents and Three Players the Seahawks WILL Draft

McGruff

Reaction score
I was thinking about this today, and one of the ways Seattle uses the draft is to fill future needs. We lose Okung and Sweezy, but have groomed Gilliam, Glowinski, Poole and Sokoli to compete for their spots. We let Browner go but have Thurmond; Lose Thurmond but have Maxwell; Lose Maxwell but have Lane, etc.

Part of what we need to do is look at next year's FA list. Well, here are the UFA's . . . .

PLAYER (13)
POS.
TO
2016 CAP HIT
STATUS
Doug Baldwin WR 27 SEA TBD $6,325,000 UFA
Brandon Browner CB 31 SEA TBD $6,300,000 UFA
Steven Hauschka K 30 SEA TBD $3,525,000 UFA
Luke Willson TE 26 SEA TBD $1,715,633 UFA
Patrick Lewis C 25 SEA TBD $1,671,000 UFA
Chris Clemons DE 34 SEA TBD $1,500,000 UFA
Sealver Siliga DT 27 SEA TBD $1,050,000 UFA
Bradley Sowell LT 26 SEA TBD $1,000,000 UFA
Michael Morgan OLB 28 SEA TBD $1,000,000 UFA
Jordan Hill DT 25 SEA TBD $831,035 UFA
Tharold Simon CB 25 SEA TBD $726,725 UFA
Christine Michael RB 25 SEA TBD $725,000 UFA
Kelcie McCray SS 27 SEA TBD $725,000 UFA

I see two DT's on an already thin DT roster who will be heading into free agency, leaving us with Rubin and . . . well, Rubin, beyond 2016. I see Simon, McCray and Browner, and while we have some yougn guys rising, I could see us adding some talent to that pile. The only stud on the list is Baldwin, and I have a hard time seeing us letting him go, but who knows . . .

Also, I was watching a little film today of a player that I just can't imagine the Seahawks NOT drafting, and that made me think of a couple of others. So here is my list of three player I absolutely think will be playing in Seattle in 2016.

OG Connor McGovern . . . everyone here knows it. It must happen.

DT Justin Zimmer . . . and I think they keep him on defense.

and the one I was watching today . . .

Safety/CB Will Parks . . . dude plays like a bullet shot from a gun, hits like a truck, and never slows down. His measurables suck, but his game screams LOB.

cover-2

Reaction score
With Luke Wilson being a free agent next year and Jimmy Graham the following year, I would think we target a TE somewhere in the first four rounds of this years draft.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
cover-2":n5rq8902 said:
With Luke Wilson being a free agent next year and Jimmy Graham the following year, I would think we target a TE somewhere in the first four rounds of this years draft.

Sure wouldn't mind Nick Vannett. Underrated player. Outstanding blocker too so he'd be a nice pick

purpleneer

Reaction score
cover-2":3plxyp5i said:
Hugely underrated need, and even with those 2, a guy to complement them is an underrated way to help the team in 2016.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":y6dh15g1 said:
cover-2":y6dh15g1 said:

Sure wouldn't mind Nick Vannett. Underrated player. Outstanding blocker too so he'd be a nice pick

I am so with you on this. Watched him in the Senior Bowl and thought that he would be a great pick for us.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Largent80":3mah7z25 said:
Except for Baldwin, that list is something to smile about.

I'd say that who isn't on that list is more worth smiling about.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think DT is our biggest need and will be disappointed if we don't get a stud DT with a top 100 pick. It is the only position I think we must have a top 100 pick at as our depth need a big jolt.

OT, C, OG, DE, LB, RB are all positions we are likely to draft early,

titan3131

Reaction score
We will not beat an elite team without a pass rush that forces turnovers. That is what makes the lob so good.

Russell has won 1 game when the opponents score is more then 24... The Steelers last year.

A better defense will elevate our team back to super bowl caliber.