top 60

poplarbluffman

Reaction score
my list of the top 60 draftable players(my own board)..history says 1/3 1st rd picks will become below avg starters or even busts , 1/2 of the 2nd rd players and on and on...my list of players who will become good starters.
highlighted the sparq guys putting together my list with Seattle sparq types

1.Goff QB California
2. Paxton Lynch QB Memphis
3. Jalen Ramsey CB/S Florida ST
4.Vernon Hargreaves CB Florida
5. Carson Wentz QB North Dakota State
6. Bosa DE Ohio St
7. Shaq Lawson DE Clemson
8. DeForest Buckner DE Oregon
9. Ashawn Robinson DT Alabama
10. Myles Jack OLB UCLA
11.Jack Conklin OT Michigan St
12. Derrick Henry RB Alabama
13. Jason Spriggs OT Indiana
14 Leonard Floyd OLB Georgia
15. Vernon Butler DT Louisiana tech
16..Josh Doctson WR TCU
17. Laquon Treadwell WR Mississippi
18 Karl Joseph S West Virginia
19. . Corey Coleman WR Baylor
20 William Jackson III CB Houston
----------------------------------------------------------2nd rd
21 Cardale Jones QB Ohio St
22. Jarran Reid DT Alabama
23 Kenneth Dixon RB Louisiana Tech
24. Taylor Decker OT Ohio St
25. Hunter Henry TE Arkansas
26. Maurice Canady CB Virginia
27 Austin Johnson DT Penn St
28. Shon Coleman OT Auburn
29. Leonte Caroo WR Rutgers
30 Kelvin Taylor RB Florida
31. Kentrell Brothers ILB Mizzou
32.Carl Nassib DE Penn St
33. Jonathan Williams RB Arkansas
------------------------------------------------------------3rd/4th
34. Darian Thompson S
35. Spencer Drango G Baylor
36. Chris Jones DT/DE Mississippi
37. Brandon Allen QB Arkansas
38. Matt loannidis DT/DE Temple
39. Rashard Higgens WR Colorado ST
40. Keanu Neal S Florida
41. Antonio Morrison ILB/OLB Florida
42 Jordan Howard RB Indiana
43. CJ Prosise RB Notre Dame
44. Jerell Adams TE South Carolina
45.Evan Boehm C
46. Joe Thuney G North Carolina
47. Brandon Shell OT South Carolina
48. Ryan Smith CB North Carolina Central
__________________________________5th/udfa.
49.Marquez North WR Tennessee
50. Joe Dahl G/OT Washington
51 Chris Moore WR Cincinnati
52 Jatavis Brown OLB Akron
53 Maliek Collins DT Nebraska
54.Stephen Weatherly OLB/DE Vanderbilt
55 Matt Skura C Duke
56.Justin Zimmer DT Ferris St
57 Quentin Gause OLB Rutgers
58. Goodson OLB Clemson
59.Jamison Lalk C
60.Tyrone Holmes DE/LB Montana

Mizzou McGovern almost made my list

http://www.nfldraftresearch.com/

kearly

Reaction score
It takes balls to leave Rankins, Bullard, and Billings off the list. While putting Vernon Butler at #15.

I like it.

OP
OP
P

poplarbluffman

Reaction score
kearly":kao3yh1o said:
It takes balls to leave Rankins, Bullard, and Billings off the list. While putting Vernon Butler at #15.

I like it.
thanks...

love to see the Seahawks end up with Derreck Henry, Canady, Brandon Shell and Thuney and beat the tar out of the Rams(from St Louis)

Davidess

Reaction score
poplarbluffman":1r5n393j said:
kearly":1r5n393j said:

I like it.
thanks...

love to see the Seahawks end up with Derreck Henry, Canady, Brandon Shell and Thuney and beat the tar out of the Rams(from St Lious)

I don't know why but im not as sold on Derrick Henry. If we get him were gonna need good interior Oline play for him to succeed. Also I wouldn't spend a 1st or a second on a RB considering next years RB class. Thing with Henry is he is dangerous once he gets to the Second level and getting there is the tough part because hes not really a cutting type back and gets taken down too easy by the ankles. just my opinion though haha.

OP
OP
P

poplarbluffman

Reaction score
Davidess":3bkaxc3b said:
poplarbluffman":3bkaxc3b said:
kearly":3bkaxc3b said:

I like it.
thanks...

love to see the Seahawks end up with Derreck Henry, Canady, Brandon Shell and Thuney and beat the tar out of the Rams(from St Lious)

I don't know why but im not as sold on Derrick Henry. If we get him were gonna need good interior Oline play for him to succeed. Also I wouldn't spend a 1st or a second on a RB considering next years RB class. Thing with Henry is he is dangerous once he gets to the Second level and getting there is the tough part because hes not really a cutting type back and gets taken down too easy by the ankles. just my opinion though haha.

love Henry but agree really needs a good oline...from St Louis reminds me Jerome Bettis. put up bad numbers in Stlouis bur hof numbers in La and Pittsburgh.

from pro football focus '"against FBS competition this year, Henry’s rushing grade of +23.9 is fifth, trailing McCaffrey, LSU’s Leonard Fournette, Utah’s Devontae Booker and Perkins. If only looking at games against Power-5 schools, Henry moves up to second, but still checks in behind McCaffrey’s comfortable lead."

thought Alabama had an extremely avg oline this year as apposed to Elliott and Ohio St's oline. One of the reasons Elliots isn't on my list.

penihawk

Reaction score
I would say the bigger set of balls was necessary to leave Ezekiel Elliott off the list and have Kelvin Taylor on it. I would take Elliott over Henry any day of the week and twice on "Sundays". Give me Kenneth Dixon in Seattle and I'm happy. :D

OP
OP
P

poplarbluffman

Reaction score
penihawk":zhloh6hs said:
I would say the bigger set of balls was necessary to leave Ezekiel Elliott off the list and have Kelvin Taylor on it. I would take Elliott over Henry any day of the week and twice on "Sundays". Give me Kenneth Dixon in Seattle and I'm happy. :D

question is which 12 do you take out of the 1st..taking out Elliott was easy for me
Taylor will likely go in 3rd where more players fail then succeed and becomes progressively harder finding players to keep...thought keeping Taylor was also easy

5th/udfa we have 450+ drafted /signed players and maybe 5/6 ever becoming top nfl players...real needle in a haystack. at this point teams aren't drafting for starters but just filling out their depth charts for camp

Whitman does a nice job and position based drafting. You can use pff grading at positions to find how many and what rd the players with 80+ score(my standard) scored.

my list is just my educated guess who will be the select few(maybe 60) who succeed in each draft..listening to the draft experts you would think hundreds will become future stars

OP
OP
P

poplarbluffman

Reaction score
penihawk":8584cwu1 said:

posted pff numbers on Henry...#2 in the nation vs power 5 teams...pff isn't so kind to Elliott. watch Elliott highlights then Jonnathan Williams from Arkansas..almost identical size and tell me Williams more elusive/quicker in the open field? Look at Elliotts sparq..does anyone see elite feet? pff mentioned how Ohio st oline has been elite. over the last 2 years.

Derrrick Henry reminds me of Jerome Bettis and Elliott reminds me of a slight more talented Eddie Lacy with some character issues

Lawrence Phillips was a consensus high pick, #6 overall, and before his arrests he was a huge bust at rb...broke off long run after long run at Nebraska...except it wasn't because of his talent it was that great oline doing the heavy lifting.

lo of character stuff out there on Elliott...being the lone ranger on this one but IMO he deserves to be excluded from my list

pcbball12

Reaction score
Definitely a ballsy list. I like the uniqueness and the fact that it is clearly from your own formed opinion. Don't agree with a lot of it, but I like different. One huge one I disagree with is Elliott being left off the list entirely with Taylor in the 2nd. To me, Elliott is as complete as they come and Taylor is borderline whether he is even draftable or not.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
poplarbluffman":271cykc5 said:
penihawk":271cykc5 said:

posted pff numbers on Henry...#2 in the nation vs power 5 teams...pff isn't so kind to Elliott. watch Elliott highlights then Jonnathan Williams from Arkansas..almost identical size and tell me Williams more elusive/quicker in the open field? Look at Elliotts sparq..does anyone see elite feet? pff mentioned how Ohio st oline has been elite. over the last 2 years.

Derrrick Henry reminds me of Jerome Bettis and Elliott reminds me of a slight more talented Eddie Lacy with some character issues

Lawrence Phillips was a consensus high pick, #6 overall, and before his arrests he was a huge bust at rb...broke off long run after long run at Nebraska...except it wasn't because of his talent it was that great oline doing the heavy lifting.

lo of character stuff out there on Elliott...being the lone ranger on this one but IMO he deserves to be excluded from my list

Derrick Henry is nothing remotely close to Jerome Bettis. Being big is about all they have in common. Bettis was a workhorse power back, Henry is softer than Charmin.

penihawk

Reaction score
poplarbluffman":1fvl69go said:
penihawk":1fvl69go said:

question is which 12 do you take out of the 1st..taking out Elliott was easy for me
Taylor will likely go in 3rd where more players fail then succeed and becomes progressively harder finding players to keep...thought keeping Taylor was also easy

5th/udfa we have 450+ drafted /signed players and maybe 5/6 ever becoming top nfl players...real needle in a haystack. at this point teams aren't drafting for starters but just filling out their depth charts for camp

Whitman does a nice job and position based drafting. You can use pff grading at positions to find how many and what rd the players with 80+ score(my standard) scored.

my list is just my educated guess who will be the select few(maybe 60) who succeed in each draft..listening to the draft experts you would think hundreds will become future stars

If u told me I could have Elliott or Spriggs in the top 20, well that's a no brainer for me.

As far as Henry is concerned he is a very dangerous runner as long as he gets to the 2nd level at or near full speed. He's not a tackle breaking bruiser or a guy with vision and cutback moves. There very few teams I see him being successful with and Seattle isn't one of them IMO.

Davidess

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":ew9290ne said:
poplarbluffman":ew9290ne said:
penihawk":ew9290ne said:

Derrick Henry is nothing remotely close to Jerome Bettis. Being big is about all they have in common. Bettis was a workhorse power back, Henry is softer than Charmin.

I like Charmin.

McGruff

Reaction score
I just can't disagree more with the last two evaluations of Henry. First, softer than Charmin is such an exaggeration that it is silly. It's the kind of stuff that makes for good fun, but is just not true.

What is true is that Henry's long limbs, upright syle, and top heavy body make him susceptible to ankle tackles. He doesn't run with Marshawn's base. But he runs with plenty of power and there are plenty of examples of him plowing through body tackles and pushing piles when needed. The problem is that because of Alabama's blocking proficiency and his own smooth shiftiness, he just didn't have many opportunities to show his power.

The second criticism is vision. Henry IMO has great vision at the outset that only gets better at the second level and open field. He sets up tacklers to fail with Shaun Alexander like proficiency.

And finally, his lacks of cutting ability. Granted, Henry is not a dynamic cutter. A man of his size and moving at his speed, the physics of it just don't work. But Henry is excellent at subtle body shifts and slight changes of direction that destroy tackling angles.

I like him more than Elliot. Now take that with a grain of salt, because I like Gordon more than Gurley.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I kind of see a guy who is halfway between a Lynch and Turbin.

Running style aside, it doesn't really show up on tape the liabilities one would expect. He doesn't have difficulty getting additional yards after contact. He has enough power/balance and ability to work forward through contact consistently.

He doesn't appear to have the tackle breaking ability where he can just get clear. He shows it to a degree in college but the general elevation of talent at the next level should be prohibitive for him. He looks like he'll get tackled by the first guy that hits him but probably will get a 1-3 yards extra in the process. Better YAC than Turbin. Without Lynch's ability to just break free and keep going.

Henry does appear to have that extra gear where he can more easily turn a well blocked play into a touchdown than Lynch. I'm not necessarily down on him. To me he's a physical runner. He doesn't have the phone booth elusiveness to turn 2-3 yard runs into 9-12 yard runs.

For Seattle, they are about eliminating negative plays. And in that regard, Henry should be pretty high. So I think there is a fit for this team based on how we want to run the ball. Henry can stick his foot in the ground and go. He's not going to have as much shake as Lynch who could execute a series of cuts/stiff arms or absorb blows while retaining balance and momentum. Lynch was crazy like that. Henry doesn't have those feet or running style to do that. But Henry can make a cut and if the opening is there, be through the opening and take it all the way at a higher rate than Marshawn could.

I'd see a back who should get about as many 2-5 yard runs. Fewer 6-12 yard runs. And more 15+ yard runs than Lynch in terms of percentages. I do think he'd be less able to turn those -3 yard runs into zero yard runs. Lynch was really good at that. Henry looks like he needs to have forward momentum to produce the power needed to move forward after contact. Lynch could generate that at a full stop.

aawolf

Reaction score
poplarbluffman:

First of all, please change where Joe Thuney went to school to North Carolina State, or NC State, as we do not want anyone to think he went to school to get a phoney degree with the cheaters from that institution down the street at UNC-Chapel Hill. Thanks.

Thank you for putting Thuney on your list, as I think he's severely underrated. His sparqiness is not the only thing to love about him--he is road grader and he had great success opening holes even from the Tackle position in the zone scheme. He'd be great for the Hawks.

As to some others on your list, you are wise to put Shaq Lawson so high up, as I'm surprised most mocks have him lower than his teammate, Kevin Dodd. Sure, Dodd was great, but I always thought Shaq created more havoc in the backfield than anyone in the ACC.

As for Henry: to me, its about durability. I'm not sold on any Heizman Alabama backs.

OP
OP
P

poplarbluffman

Reaction score
confession I am an anti Alabama guy...actually always root for the underdog and when I started looking at Henry figured he was just another Ala rb...what got my attention wasn't Henry it was watching highlights of OJ Howard..kept saying WOW! after WOW watching Howard play

Saban is as smart as it gets and he was giving the ball to Henry 30/40 times a game and ignoring Howard....Saban isn't afraid to shoot his big(biggest) gun and Henry was it...Saban telling me Henry was much better then Howard caught me attention. watch the subtle moves by Henry last year Alabama had their worst oline in years Henry's success wasn't because of them. Kid is for real

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/pl ... zilla&tt=b

ctrcat

Reaction score
If the Hawks do not take Henry the Panthers will IMHO.

titan3131

Reaction score
Feel free, no one is worried about Alabama Running backs.

Latest posts