Taylor Decker

Natethegreat

Reaction score
If we were able to select Decker we would be very fortunate. He would be able to anchor the left side but also has the power and push to be a right tackle as well. He would be a home run pick for us. Doubt he drops that far though.

firebee

Reaction score
I'm actually liking Fahn Cooper.. Think he's overshadowed by Tunsil. Been looking at him and he could be a real steal. Most are gauging him as a right tackle, but I watched some film on him playing LT for a JUCO, as well as some Ole Miss film with him at RT. Great natural ability, uses his hands well to control defenders and seal off defenders from the ball. He over-extends and reaches a little at times, but he plays with a good base and shows good natural ability for the tackle position. One of those early declarations that has me wondering if he would be one of the top rated LTs in the college ranks next year if he stayed in one more season, especially when the guy on the same team is the best LT in the draft.

two dog

Reaction score
Really good offensive linemen are always in demand and are especially at a premium this year.
I would be very surprised, and happy as hell, if Decker were not selected in the first 25 picks.

Cable probably wouldn't like him though because he can pass block.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
It's definitely a possibility Decker is available here. Tunsil, Stanley, Conklin, Coleman and Spriggs are all seen as typical LTs. Decker has the ability to play LT but with his natural strength and imposing frame he looks to be best suited at RT. Teams don't usually pick a RT in round 1, they'll be going for a franchiae LT. So I'm expecting some teams to reach on Conklin, Coleman or Spriggs instead of going the safe route with Decker.

McGruff

Reaction score
Overseasfan":2y7tfees said:
It's definitely a possibility Decker is available here. Tunsil, Stanley, Conklin, Coleman and Spriggs are all seen as typical LTs. Decker has the ability to play LT but with his natural strength and imposing frame he looks to be best suited at RT. Teams don't usually pick a RT in round 1, they'll be going for a franchiae LT. So I'm expecting some teams to reach on Conklin, Coleman or Spriggs instead of going the safe route with Decker.

I think finest teams will put DEckert at RT. I think Seattle would put him at LT and be very happy.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I doubt many (or really any) team would consider Conklin a better option than Decker at left tackle. I think Decker falling to us is pretty unlikely but we can dream.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1xb7g344 said:
I doubt many (or really any) team would consider Conklin a better option than Decker at left tackle. I think Decker falling to us is pretty unlikely but we can dream.

There will only be 3-4 OTs taken before our pick and 3 is more likely imo. Tunsil and Stanley are locks to be the first two tackles selected so one more guy being selected before Decker isn't impossible.

We should at least consider this option.