S/LB Su'a Cravens USC

SD&SEAfan

Reaction score
0805 Cravens inside
HT: 6'1" Weight: 225lbs Age: 20

He reminds me of a safety version of Arizona Cardinals LB/S Deone Bucannon. Su'a can play as a Nickel DB in man coverage or in zone coverage. He can also come up and fill in as a linebacker on a blitz. I see him more as a Strong Safety, ideally with the Chargers since Weddle is on his way out the door, but I honestly believe the staff up here will develop and use his unique skillset better. He has speed and ability to make open field solo tackles, he has great instinct/vision to break on passes in coverage as well. Su'a excels at both safety and linebacker. He should be a stud in either system IMO. He'll most likely be drafted in the late 1st round or early 2nd round pick after a good combine and pro day. What do you guys think?

[youtube]ZMdAkq2voTU[/youtube]

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I've loved this kid since the ducks were recruiting him as a high school junior. Oregon didnt get him, I'd be stoked if the seahawks did. Would be a nice kam chancellor replacement if something goes down there.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Physically talented and instinctual player who has experience at both safety and linebacker. Hard worker with a great attitude. I'd be stoked if he somehow fell in our laps. He should get even better with good coaching.

OP
OP
S

SD&SEAfan

Reaction score
I like him alot too. Being from California and a big USC fan now transplanted in the Great Pacific Northwest I watched him as much as possible. He does have a tendency to leave his feet in tackles instead of driving through his target. But that's something coaching can fix. I love his effort, and aggression. He would be excellent as a safety/nickel option here with the Seahawks.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Wow that's a tough call.

If we could get a viable Kam Chancellor replacement, it might be worth a 1st rounder.

It would honestly depend on how the board looked. If no one was there that we wanted, and we couldn't trade back, this sounds like a great pick.