PFF RE-GRADING THE 2010 NFL DRAFT

ivotuk

Reaction score
"Rob Hamilton takes a look at the PFF grades for the 2010 draft class, based on production over the last six seasons.
It’s telling that four of the above teams made this season’s playoffs, and the fifth was a consistent playoff contender with a Super Bowl appearance since this draft, largely in part to the strength and depth of their rosters built through the 2010 draft. This further drives home the point that the draft is one of the most important cogs in building a successful team in today’s NFL."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... nfl-draft/

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Three things stand out to me when thinking of the 2010 draft with regard to the Seahawks:

1. How great of a pick Chancellor was. Considered by some as tweener, he became for a time, the best SS in the league. And assuredly one of the most physical.

2. How thankful I am that Philly didn't select Earl Thomas like it appeared (and I feared) they would when they traded up.... for Brandon Graham (ouch).

3. How I was totally happy picking Okung after Williams was selected prior to him. Williams has gone on to have a much better career and despite being an asshole, has proven his worth. I thought they were essentially equal, but due to injuries, Okung has struggled comparatively.

poplarbluffman

Reaction score
Archer":2mflkn8o said:
Three things stand out to me when thinking of the 2010 draft with regard to the Seahawks:

1. How great of a pick Chancellor was. Considered by some as tweener, he became for a time, the best SS in the league. And assuredly one of the most physical.

2. How thankful I am that Philly didn't select Earl Thomas like it appeared (and I feared) they would when they traded up.... for Brandon Graham (ouch).

3. How I was totally happy picking Okung after Williams was selected prior to him. Williams has gone on to have a much better career and despite being an asshole, has proven his worth. I thought they were essentially equal, but due to injuries, Okung has struggled comparatively.

Rams drafted 11 players that year and all basically were busts...hard to be that bad. Easy to see the connection between good drafts and future success..great site

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Pats got both Gronk and Hernandez in the same draft? If not for his off the field issues that would of been one hell of a hall with having 2 pro bowler TEs, with one of them being a future HOF in all likelihood

Scottemojo

Reaction score
One of the commenters pokes a great hole in this article. Seattle busted on a 4th rounder, who got a -1.7. Philly busted on a 4th rounder who started 24 games. got a -31.7 score for it.

Using PFF scores is very subjective.

purpleneer

Reaction score
Scottemojo":6isrd78x said:
One of the commenters pokes a great hole in this article. Seattle busted on a 4th rounder, who got a -1.7. Philly busted on a 4th rounder who started 24 games. got a -31.7 score for it.

Using PFF scores is very subjective.
Yeah, their scores can really seem out of left field. This is an example of a player being punished, relative to another, for playing a lot.

purpleneer

Reaction score
And wow on some of the grades. Brandon Graham almost double the cumulative value of Earl and basically equal to JPP? Their system has problems, but it is also poorly applied.

kearly

Reaction score
Geno Atkins is a very nice player, kind of like the AFC's version of Aaron Donald. He's more valuable than Kam or Earl. But is he worth more - significantly more - than Kam AND Earl AND Okung AND Tate AND Thurmond?

Of course not.

Grades like these shine a spotlight on how their grading system is biased towards certain positions. There is no weighting to their grades from position to position.

chris98251

Reaction score
kearly":1b64q6fj said:
Geno Atkins is a very nice player, kind of like the AFC's version of Aaron Donald. He's more valuable than Kam or Earl. But is he worth more - significantly more - than Kam AND Earl AND Okung AND Tate AND Thurmond?

Of course not.

Grades like these shine a spotlight on how their grading system is biased towards certain positions. There is no weighting to their grades from position to position.

Or systems and what's asked of them.