With the 26th pick...

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Updated draft order has Seattle picking 26th. Will they keep it? The good news is that it has more value than that of the last two years. The easy money is on them not picking at 26.

cubbyhawkfan

Reaction score
I really cannot see them not hanging onto it unless they get blown away with an offer for it.This draft is deep at DT and there may be a T that slips to us as well plus there's some absolute studs at WR that may be in play that late

CPHawk

Reaction score
Anyone else thinking a solid RT? Or possibly a CB? And what about OLB to replace Irvin?

sutz

Reaction score
They have a history of trading ones away, but you never know.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Let's not trade this away for a big contract vet, this is a nice tackle class. We might have the opportunity to go after a couple of guys like Mack and Boone in free agency who would go some way to helping our interior, in fact there are several solid interior guys who could be available. Joe Thomas is great, but would negate our ability to add quality depth elsewhere and would probably cost us our top pick too.

mistaowen

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":y8114zlb said:
Let's not trade this away for a big contract vet, this is a nice tackle class. We might have the opportunity to go after a couple of guys like Mack and Boone in free agency who would go some way to helping our interior, in fact there are several solid interior guys who could be available. Joe Thomas is great, but would negate our ability to add quality depth elsewhere and would probably cost us our top pick too.

Ditto, Thomas is a terrific LT and still has some top 5 seasons left in him, but this is a pretty solid class. He's by far the best player on the Browns so I doubt they'd let him go without big compensation. Alex Mack would do wonders for this team and can be had in FA. Lewis was better than what we had to start but he is nothing more than average. Solidify the interior on both sides of the ball, add some depth, stay healthy, and good things will happen. This team is still ultra talented, was just a funky season.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
The Seattle Seahawks select LB Darron Lee, Ohio State.

We are in a great spot for a major talent...that unfortunately is not on the OL. Any OL at this point is most likely an overdraft.

Darron Lee is a phenomenal talent. A true, new age 3 down LBer who can cover, blitz, and plays with reckless abandon. He looks like a Seahawk on the field. He should test phenomenally well (thinking 4.48-4.52 w/ 36+" VJ) and we know how important that is to Seattle.

I think I'm on the train of spending money in FA on OL. I have no faith in Tom Cable to "pick his guy." Get Alex Mack and Alex Boone. Draft some high upside mid-late round guys and let them develop behind some serious pros.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't think Seattle takes an offensive lineman at 26. Historically they go after unique difference makers with a special quality. Could be at almost any position but Offensive line. I would guess they attack the offensive line in free agency and later in the draft but I could be wrong. Going to be a great off season for sure.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3pd5qbpf said:

Would be thrilled to add an Alex Boone in FA, then draft a tackle at 26.

We absolutely have to address this OL for 2016 though. There's no way we can repeat what we did this season.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2evkmozy said:
brimsalabim":2evkmozy said:
Go up and get Tunsil if the Titans don't pick him.

We don't have the ammo to land that guy.

Lets see... We could trade them Russell, lynch, cam and our 1st for matiota and their 1st. Get it done Schneider!! (Just kidding)

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I would like to see them be willing to move up 4-6 spots if the one OT prospect they like slips. While it may seem we've had bad luck waiting out the draft hoping our guy is there -- the reality is teams are hungry for OT talent. Scuttlebutt has been that we've been good at projecting which prospects will be solid in the pros. I'd like to see us get our man. Not plan B which has been late round or desperation day 2 picks.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
mistaowen":owaceuju said:
.......Alex Mack would do wonders for this team and can be had in FA. Lewis was better than what we had to start but he is nothing more than average. Solidify the interior on both sides of the ball.............
This, please.

sutz

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2lwxevhk said:
I would like to see them be willing to move up 4-6 spots if the one OT prospect they like slips. While it may seem we've had bad luck waiting out the draft hoping our guy is there -- the reality is teams are hungry for OT talent. Scuttlebutt has been that we've been good at projecting which prospects will be solid in the pros. I'd like to see us get our man. Not plan B which has been late round or desperation day 2 picks.
They did it for Lockett and that has seemed to work out. ;)

It is harder to move up in the first than the later rounds, though. 4-6 spots would cost us a bundle, for sure.

McGruff

Reaction score
If Decker or Stanley falls to the early 20's, I could see Seattle look to move up, but I don't see that happening. The top 3 will be gone in the first 10-12 picks.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3rkm517y said:
Hasselbeck":3rkm517y said:
brimsalabim":3rkm517y said:
Go up and get Tunsil if the Titans don't pick him.

We don't have the ammo to land that guy.

Lets see... We could trade them Russell, lynch, cam and our 1st for matiota and their 1st. Get it done Schneider!! (Just kidding)

Maybe not but I heard Mel quip that if the Titans pass he could fall all the way to the Colts at 18. You want an impact player? You want a difference maker? There is no one else in the 2016 draft with more potential to make a difference for our team.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":3rulf4ad said:
If Decker or Stanley falls to the early 20's, I could see Seattle look to move up, but I don't see that happening. The top 3 will be gone in the first 10-12 picks.

I don't see that either. Although I don't see either of those being guys we are necessarily targeting either.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I like OL Germain Ifedi from Texas A&M. He can play T or G and can run and pass block. Has great size, beats up defenders and utilizes his long arms in pass pro. Given the uncertainty with Sweezy and Okung, and given that I think Justin Britt is garbage, I think he could fit in nicely.