Peach Bowl: Houston v Florida State

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The first of the New Year's Six bowl games. Houston is up 14-3 and they just recovered a fumble in FSU territory.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Wow. Haven't really been paying attention. Probably won't until the important games start but what a huge win for Houston that would be. Oddly, would probably be better for Houston if Florida State keeps it close so it looks like they won over a good team putting out effort rather than one that quit.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The acc sucks. Florida state getting beat up by Houston. North Carolina getting rolled by baylors backups. Makes me think Oklahoma is going to steam roll Clemson later today.

I think we're looking at an Alabama v Oklahoma final.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JSeahawks":x8q6bf0c said:
The acc sucks. Florida state getting beat up by Houston. North Carolina getting rolled by baylors backups. Makes me think Oklahoma is going to steam roll Clemson later today.

ESPN is salivating at that prospect. Don't count Mich. St. out though.

I for one am rooting for the Spartans. Hate the SEC and especially Bama and Auburn and LSU and................

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Florida State has kept it close. It's 24-17 now in the 4th.

edit: and as soon as I post this Houston scores a TD.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Houston was really good this season.. amazed Georgia, Miami and USC didn't push harder for Herman.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
So he cant throw the ball away out of bounds...can he throw it into the ground????

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":26dz2q4k said:
Seahawkfan80":26dz2q4k said:
So he cant throw the ball away out of bounds...can he throw it into the ground????
You're in the wrong thread man. You wanna be in the Orange Bowl thread.
Friggin oops.

:mrgreen:

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3ie6rd41 said:

:roll:

Not... So... Fast

Houston is a very good team, well-coached, and in a great recruiting area. FSU could stomp most teams in the country. They ran into a team today that was better than most people would give them credit. QB issues today for FSU. They have many top players who will be NFL stars. Baylor is awesome. Those weren't merely "backups", man. Those were some awesome players getting to go out and play with nothing to lose. Did you notice the speed of those RB's playing QB by committee for Baylor? UNC doesn't "suck" either. My goodness. You know NOTHING about those teams, insult an entire conference. Why am I even responding to this? Sheesh.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Herman is one of the hot names in coaching. Lots of USC fans would have liked Haden to have at least talked to him, but apparently he wasn't even considered. Unbelievable.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
sc85sis":4j81q1l3 said:
Herman is one of the hot names in coaching. Lots of USC fans would have liked Haden to have at least talked to him, but apparently he wasn't even considered. Unbelievable.
Hate to say it to a USC fan, but Hayden seems to pretty much be a buffoon.

Largent80

Reaction score
Got to see a few of their games this year and Houston had a team to remember. If they had only not lost that 1 game.

sc85sis

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1gjzg886 said:
sc85sis":1gjzg886 said:
Hate to say it to a USC fan, but Hayden seems to pretty much be a buffoon.
Yeah he's not too popular right now. He's done OK with the "lesser" sports, but football has been a big mess. Granted, sanctions are part of that. But sanctions aren't a catch-all for what has ailed the program. Sad--he's a great Trojan historically and now people are seriously turning on him.