Paxton Lynch vs. Jared Goff

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Both quarterbacks figured to have played their last games with Goff looking very impressive, albeit against Air Force, but he still racked up 466 yards passing and 6 touchdowns in his finale

Paxton Lynch on the other hand, a guy getting a lot of chatter about being the first QB off the board and possible #1 pick if the Titans do not wrap that up.. struggled mightily against Auburn today.. only throwing for 104 yards with a pick. Auburn isn't exactly a premier SEC team this season, particularly on defense.. so this wasn't the best performance to go into the offseason with. Nonetheless his body of work and physical attributes will definitely get him drafted high in April.

Will be real interesting to see what happens from here after the combine and pro day workouts. I think Goff is the best QB in this class, but I also think he can be a major flop in the wrong situation (i.e. Cleveland or San Francisco)

Tical21

Reaction score
This to me really smells like a season where a guy that isn't even being mentioned right now goes flying up boards near draft time, ala Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert, Blake Bortles, etc. I'm not a true believer in either Lynch or Goff.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":tesw34t4 said:
This to me really smells like a season where a guy that isn't even being mentioned right now goes flying up boards near draft time, ala Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert, Blake Bortles, etc. I'm not a true believer in either Lynch or Goff.

Cam Newton wasn't talked about? Pretty much everyone had him as their top pick by the end of his Jr year.

Subzero717

Reaction score
CPHawk":33f9lic5 said:
Tical21":33f9lic5 said:

Cam Newton wasn't talked about? Pretty much everyone had him as their top pick by the end of his Jr year.
Even Gabbert was the apple of many eyes on here before the college season was over.

I believe the kid from North Dakota will be the dark horse casual fans arent familiar with that may have a very slight chance of moving up. Lets not forget we are a two years removed from EJ Manuel being the only 1st round QB.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Beware making judgements based on Bowl games.

Cal played Air Force. Memphis played Auburn having just lost their Head Coach to another team.

Lynch had a bad day but Memphis across the board were lousy. But teams will think they can win with Lynch.

CPHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2x0nn1xp said:
Beware making judgements based on Bowl games.

Cal played Air Force. Memphis played Auburn having just lost their Head Coach to another team.

Lynch had a bad day but Memphis across the board were lousy. But teams will think they can win with Lynch.

I've said it before, I'd hate to be a team in need of a qb, because this class looks weak.

Tical21

Reaction score
In 2011, during most of the college season, Jake Locker and Ryan Mallett were considered the top prospects at the position. Right about this time, Newton and Gabbert started shooting up mock drafts.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Subzero717":1ybgvfvk said:
CPHawk":1ybgvfvk said:
Tical21":1ybgvfvk said:

Even Gabbert was the apple of many eyes on here before the college season was over.

I believe the kid from North Dakota will be the dark horse casual fans arent familiar with that may have a very slight chance of moving up. Lets not forget we are a two years removed from EJ Manuel being the only 1st round QB.

Yep, Carson wetz. I've never seen him play but I've heard buzz about him maybe being the best qb in the draft.

kearly

Reaction score
I've liked Goff for a long time, but I just figured he'd be a 3rd rounder due to him looking like a little kid out there. I'm not sure how to feel about him going #2 overall to Cleveland, it would probably end in disaster even though I like the QB.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":3p87sbfa said:
I've liked Goff for a long time, but I just figured he'd be a 3rd rounder due to him looking like a little kid out there. I'm not sure how to feel about him going #2 overall to Cleveland, it would probably end in disaster even though I like the QB.

Yea, i like Goffs skill set and his arm but i dont see any of the "it" factor with him. I dont think he's at his best in the biggest moments either. I think in the NFL he'll be just another guy. Worth a draft pick, but not worth as high as he'll most likely get drafted.