Pac 12 Bowl Games

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Now that it's November, the "experts" are starting to release their bowl projections. Here are the assumed destinations for the Pac 12.

Rose Bowl: Stanford vs. Michigan State
Fiesta Bowl: Utah vs. Notre Dame
Cactus Bowl: Arizona vs. Buffalo
Alamo Bowl: USC vs. Oklahoma
Holiday Bowl: Arizona State vs. Wisconsin
Foster Farms Bowl: UCLA vs. Minnesota
Pinstripe Bowl: Washington vs. Duke
Sun Bowl: California vs. Louisville
Poinsettia Bowl: Washington State vs. Boise State
Royal Purple Bowl: Oregon vs. BYU

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
USC still has a sliver of hope to land in a BCS Bowl. Just need to win out and have Utah trip up.

So yeah I'm looking forward to the Alamo/Vegas bowl.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Although I would like to see Utah win out and go to the Rose Bowl... this makes sense. Stanford is good.
I can get behind the Fiesta Bowl. Ole!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1n77td5u said:
USC still has a sliver of hope to land in a BCS Bowl. Just need to win out and have Utah trip up.

I do think it's going to be USC vs Stanford in the PAC 12 title game. I think Utah still has a loss or two in them, I think they've lost their mojo. I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose at WAshington this weekend.

Although USC still has to come to Eugene to face off against the 112th ranked defense in the country, so no smooth sailing for them.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
JSeahawks":pbz5efql said:
Hasselbeck":pbz5efql said:

I do think it's going to be USC vs Stanford in the PAC 12 title game. I think Utah still has a loss or two in them, I think they've lost their mojo. I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose at WAshington this weekend.

Although USC still has to come to Eugene to face off against the 112th ranked defense in the country, so no smooth sailing for them.

Doubt it. UCLA is still a win up on USC and Utah only has one loss. UCLA could still give Utah and/or USC trouble.

Utah has been a bit wishy-washy on offense as of late but I still think they get it done. :th2thumbs:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":1fj9hu6n said:
JSeahawks":1fj9hu6n said:
Hasselbeck":1fj9hu6n said:

Doubt it. UCLA is still a win up on USC and Utah only has one loss. UCLA could still give Utah and/or USC trouble.

Utah has been a bit wishy-washy on offense as of late but I still think they get it done. :th2thumbs:

If ucla were healthy if agree with you, but half of their team is injured. I think they lose both of those games.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":2hu8m75p said:
JSeahawks":2hu8m75p said:
Hasselbeck":2hu8m75p said:

USC wins out + Utah loses once = USC facing Stanford in the Pac 12 title.

What UCLA does before the USC game doesn't really matter if USC wins out.. because they'd have wins over Utah and UCLA

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":7ai8e21i said:
JAGHAWK":7ai8e21i said:
JSeahawks":7ai8e21i said:
Hasselbeck":7ai8e21i said:

USC wins out + Utah loses once = USC facing Stanford in the Pac 12 title.

What UCLA does before the USC game doesn't really matter if USC wins out.. because they'd have wins over Utah and UCLA

I'm just glad that Utah has the upper hand here. Having to play catch-up is not their strong suit. Just gotta win 4 more games. We can do it!

gowazzu02

Reaction score
is the royal purple bowl the vegas bowl? Fun to see WSU listed. Need to win this weekend to gain eligibility.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3bcdw0pf said:
is the royal purple bowl the vegas bowl? Fun to see WSU listed. Need to win this weekend to gain eligibility.

Yeah the Royal Purple Bowl is the Vegas Bowl.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":nn8qltl5 said:
Kinda difficult to have those teams at those games when they dont apply. According to the list on NCAA.com, PAC 12 teams cant go to some of those games. Wierd.

link...

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/football/bowls
The Poinsettia Bowl is going to need a replacement for Army, who won't be bowl eligible. And the Big Ten may not have enough eligible teams to meet their bowl obligations.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
ESPN has updated their bowl projections.

Rose Bowl: Stanford vs. Iowa
Valero Alamo Bowl: Utah vs. Oklahoma
National University Holiday Bowl: UCLA vs. Wisconsin
Foster Farms Bowl: USC vs. Illinois
Hyundai Sun Bowl: Washington State vs. Miami
Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Oregon vs. BYU or Boise State
Cactus Bowl: California vs. At Large
At-large: Washington

CBS has also updated their projections.

Orange Bowl: Stanford vs. Ohio State
Rose Bowl: Utah vs. Iowa
Alamo Bowl: USC vs. Oklahoma
Holiday Bowl: UCLA vs. Wisconsin
Foster Farms Bowl: Oregon vs. Illinois
Sun Bowl: Washington State vs. Louisville
Las Vegas Bowl: California vs. BYU
Cactus Bowl: Arizona State vs. Central Michigan
Poinsettia Bowl: Washington vs. Colorado State

HawkGA

Reaction score
Very excited to see how things shake out for WSU. Two Pac-12 teams getting into big name bowls seems a bit high to me, though admittedly I don't know the rules for bowls anymore now that they've gone to the playoff system.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3qpk0x8t said:
USC controls their Rose Bowl destiny!

Please allow me to apologize in advance for my Ducks ruining that for you. Sounds like USC had a couple of pretty important injuries the other day. A couple of your linebackers and one of the starting o'linemen. Have to admit, i wouldnt be sorry if Cameron Smith misses our game, as it sounds like he's going to.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":hieht2ws said:
Hasselbeck":hieht2ws said:
USC controls their Rose Bowl destiny!

Please allow me to apologize in advance for my Ducks ruining that for you. Sounds like USC had a couple of pretty important injuries the other day. A couple of your linebackers and one of the starting o'linemen. Have to admit, i wouldnt be sorry if Cameron Smith misses our game, as it sounds like he's going to.

Cameron Smith is done for the year unfortunately.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Another week, another update to the bowl projections. First, ESPN.

Alamo Bowl: Utah vs. Baylor
Holiday Bowl: Washington State vs. Wisconsin
Foster Farms Bowl: USC vs. Nebraska
Sun Bowl: Oregon vs. Miami
Las Vegas Bowl: UCLA vs. BYU
Cactus Bowl: Cal vs. At-large
At-large: Arizona

Now for CBS Sports.

Alamo Bowl: USC vs. Baylor
Holiday Bowl: Utah vs. Wisconsin