Week 5 Top 10 Teams & Heisman: Upsets Abound

Playmaker21

Reaction score
This was the week many people were waiting for. Hot teams like Ole Miss, UCLA, Notre Dame, & Georgia all lost. Just one weekend into October it looks like the PAC-12 is on life support when it comes to the College Football Playoff. Utah is looking like the best chance for the PAC-12 to have a team make the playoff at this point.

The SEC is also cannibalizing itself once again. The SEC went into this week (Week 4) with 5 undefeated teams-Florida, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M. They are now down to 3 with Georgia and Ole Miss both getting blown out yesterday.

Right now the Big XII is a two team race with TCU & Baylor with Oklahoma lingering around as an undefeated.

The Big 10 is getting very interesting. Iowa, Michigan State, Northwestern, and Ohio State are all undefeated. Yet Michigan has the best loss of the 1-loss teams in the nation with a loss at Utah in week 1. Right now the Big 10 is looking like the best bet for any conference to get two teams in the final four.

The ACC will be determined on the first Saturday in November when Florida State travels to Clemson. Everything else in the ACC is just fodder until college basketball starts up in a little over a month.

My Top 10 based off of who they've played and beat, not who they are
#1. Michigan State 5-0 (#3 Last Week)
#2.Texas A&M 5-0 (#8 Last Week)
#3. LSU 4-0 (#6 Last Week)
#4. Clemson 4-0 (#10 Last Week)
#5. Utah 4-0 (Unranked)
#6. TCU 5-0 (#9 Last Week)
#7. Northwestern 5-0 (Unranked Last Week)
#8. Florida 5-0 (Unranked Last Week)
#9. Baylor 5-0 (Unranked Last Week)
#10 Notre Dame 4-1 (#4 Last Week)

Just Missed
Ohio State 5-0 (#7 Last Week)
UCLA 4-1 (#2 Last Week)
Ole Miss 4-1 (#1 Last Week)

Heisman Top 3
#1, LSU RB Leonard Fournette
#2. TCU QB Trevone Boykin
#3. Baylor WR Corey Coleman

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
:lol:

I'm sorry but these rankings have no rhyme or reason to them. Ohio State not even in the Top 10? Michigan State #1? Utah #5 when they beat Oregon by 42 in Autzen (which is Michigan State's only "impressive" win)? TAMU #2?!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Nice work. Takes some guts to go against the grain and the popular picks. I like it.

I also love it when things get shaken up and the favorites take a fall. Here's hoping that you are correct. Welcome to .NET and keep it up! :th2thumbs:

And you've upset Hasselbeck, so you're okay in my book :p

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":2kxi0snh said:
And you've upset Hasselbeck, so you're okay in my book :p

Far from upset, I just think his rankings make no sense.

:D