Utah State @ Huskies

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/UW_Football/status/645343869459021824[/tweet]

Might not mean anything. But interesting that LindQuist is a team captain.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Man as good as Kevin C. is at calling basketball, he is terrible at calling football. He has a really hard time identifying correct yardage and at one point he seriously said, "no whistle on that play" in reference to no flag being thrown. :shock:

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Washington's offensive line is a mirror image of Seattle's. Good in pass protection, shaky in run blocking.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Spounge84":3nchpybr said:
Browning is looking really good right now.

Yes outside the one int which was half on Mickens, he is killing it. Most of the time this young line is getting the job done too in protection.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I have to say, I'm impressed by the Huskies overall so far. I think in another thread I guessed they might win 4 games this year, but if they keep playing the way they are, they very well may pick up 6 or 7 and get into a bowl. Browning has been much better than I could have hoped so far (still time to struggle, obviously), and the OL has been better than anticipated. The defense has played really, really well, too. And this is with about 70% of the team in their first year of actual playing time.

I'm not going to get too deliriously carried away at this point, but the future could be real bright.

kearly

Reaction score
Browning has special touch and accuracy, and a solid arm. Seems like the kind of QB that has an NFL future of some sort.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
jkitsune":hgc6pvuf said:
I have to say, I'm impressed by the Huskies overall so far. I think in another thread I guessed they might win 4 games this year, but if they keep playing the way they are, they very well may pick up 6 or 7 and get into a bowl. Browning has been much better than I could have hoped so far (still time to struggle, obviously), and the OL has been better than anticipated. The defense has played really, really well, too. And this is with about 70% of the team in their first year of actual playing time.

I'm not going to get too deliriously carried away at this point, but the future could be real bright.

Their next 7 games are brutal.. if they get to 6-7 wins, Petersen should be extended on the spot.

zifnab32

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1y6bbzjq said:
jkitsune":1y6bbzjq said:

Their next 7 games are brutal.. if they get to 6-7 wins, Petersen should be extended on the spot.

They are better than OSU and WSU (imo), so if they can pick up two wins from Cal/Utah/@ASU/@Stanford it's doable. Should know much more after the Cal game this weekend.