2016 RB watch list

cover-2

Reaction score
Here a few of the top RB that will be eligible for next year's draft. I have not included any running back that weigh under 210 lbs because the lightweight RBs don't fit the Seahawks mold.

Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott 6-0 225 lbs. As of right now he is considered the top RB in the draft. Draft projection top-25 in the 1st round.

[youtube]De80k553G20[/youtube]

Alabama RB Derrick Henry 6-3 241 lbs. Henry's combination of size, speed, and power will have GM's drooling on draft day. He looks fast and I wouldn't be surprised if the big man runs a 4.40 40. He will blow up the NFL combine and I think he will be the first RB taken in the draft. He will get the bulk of the carries at Alabama this year, and could be in the run for the Heisman Troohy. Estimate top-15 in the 1st round.

[youtube]Wzt5hopEaWk[/youtube]

Louisiana Tech RB Kennith Dixon 5-10 212 lbs. Dixon is a fun and exciting player to watch. He is relentless with every carry he has, he will fight you tooth and nail for every extra yard he can get. He is not the type of RB that will run out if bounds just because he has a defender or two that may be in front of him, which the above mentioned Derrick Henry seems to do more than I prefer. Dixon has great initial quickness although he does not look like he has long speed. He has great balance, a good stiff arm, and good leg drive to get the extra yards. I love his running style. As a Seahawks fan I prefer Dixon over Elliott and Henry. Estimate low 1st round - mid-2nd round.

[youtube]YhRnTqXpPVs[/youtube]

Toledo RB Kareem Hunt 5-11 215 lbs. Hunt has great quickness, great balance, and he has a good jump cut. Of he players I have listed he is the best at making would be tacklers miss in he open field. Estimate low 1st - 2nd round.

[youtube]gorJnGwGTok[/youtube]

Pittsburg RB James Conner 6-2 235 lbs. Conner is big punishing runner, who like Kenneth Dixon, will fight you for every yard on every carry. He is listed as weighing 250 lbs but looks more like 230 - 235 lbs. He may have be 250 his freshman year, he looked bigger that year. I believe he led the nation last year for most yards after contact. He is not the quickest or fastest by but he has great power, he is relentless, great stiff arm, and has good balance for a RB with his height. He is a bully when he runs the ball and he seems to love dishing out punishment on would be tacklers. I would love to see him in a Seahawks uniform next year. Side note, he is a big fan of Marshawn Lynch. Estimate mid-2nd to mid-3rd round.

[youtube]ybgyaXW5Ewc[/youtube]
[youtube]czqOB9NIGX0[/youtube]

Arkansas RB Alex Collins 5-11 215 lbs. Collins looks to have have speed but he doesn't look as physical a runner as the above prospects. I'm lukewarm on him as a prospect for the Seahawks, but that could change during the up coming season.

[youtube]_c1SBzQHZIw[/youtube]

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hopefully Lynch last two more years, because the 2017 RB class is going to be crazy good.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1nwq3q2j said:
Love Derrick Henry. When he is at his best, he is nearly untacklable, ala Jim Brown. Too bad his OC is an idiot.

He looks like he's going to be a special player.

kearly

Reaction score
Henry looks like he should be the first RB drafted out of this group. Very similar player to Todd Gurley.

Conner needs to drop some weight, I doubt at that size he'd put up the Sparq numbers Seattle would want. The Hawks aren't looking for the next Jerome Bettis. Running over guys only because you are bigger than them is not enough.

Conner needs to prove that he can still break tackles at 220 or maybe 225. But if he can, then he'd be one to keep an eye on for sure.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1db7mqht said:
Love Derrick Henry. When he is at his best, he is nearly untacklable, ala Jim Brown. Too bad his OC is an idiot.

Having experience with an idiot for OC may come in handy.

netskier

Reaction score
He sure looked good ripping up Oregon in the championship game.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2zc7prbj said:
hawknation2015":2zc7prbj said:

Having experience with an idiot for OC may come in handy.

Ok, I laughed at this one...

Cue Sachawks profile pic of Tiger and the cat.

CPHawk

Reaction score
netskier":3pn3e5jp said:
He sure looked good ripping up Oregon in the championship game.

Oregon didn't play Bama, which is who Henry plays for.

netskier

Reaction score
My error for not providing context. I was intending to reference Ohio State rb Ezekiel Elliot. I apologize for the confusion.

cesame

Reaction score
RB Devontae Booker of Utah rushed for over 800 yards AFTER CONTACT last season, most in the PAC 12 by 200+ yards.

"Some guys are fun to tackle," Utah linebacker Jared Norris said, turning to Booker at lunch during Pac-12 media days. "But he's not fun to tackle. And I can't really explain why."

Though Booker packs plus size -- he's bulked up to 212 pounds this offseason -- he isn't considered gigantic for his position. Norris, meanwhile, brings a tank-like 240-pound frame to the table. Yet he admits that collisions with Booker are no fun, and he maintains that no other back in the conference delivers bruising pops in the same category as his teammate.

Name to think about I suppose. No idea what round.

BBlades89

Reaction score
I'm not sure if he'll declare after this year or how highly rated he'll be even if he does, but I'm interested to see what Corey Clement does after sharing time with Gordon the past 2 years (James White as well in 2013):

[youtube]et3ekVdOTUU[/youtube]

Latest posts