Whats up with Michael Bennett ?

City Of Reign

Reaction score
He was at one time a 1st round prospect and alot of the final mocks I had seen him going in the 2nd or high 3rd.

p.s. Sorry I'm not in chat guys, miss ya Hope Solo lovers, but I'm stuck at work on the weekend.

McGruff

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1942k9ph said:
Still available. Really strange. Hope we steal him

Jesse Williams was a steal in he 5th round, too.

Sometimes a steal not a steal, but just taking a guy who falls for good reason.

OP
OP
City Of Reign

City Of Reign

Reaction score
My question I guess is why is he falling ? I didn't know of any medical or character issues with him.

titan3131

Reaction score
HE is getting pissed off for greatness!!!

twitter.com/mike63bennett/status/594567090943623168

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2zltua8z said:
If they didn't give up four picks in exchange for Lockett, they could have picked him now.

We gave up 3 picks for him and if we didn't do that then we would be watching Bryan Walters return punts all year again.

But hey I guess it would have been cool to hang onto those extra picks and pick a guy who has fallen just about as far as anyone in the draft.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":3shhjmup said:
hawknation2015":3shhjmup said:
If they didn't give up four picks in exchange for Lockett, they could have picked him now.

We gave up 3 picks for him and if we didn't do that then we would be watching Bryan Walters return punts all year again.

But hey I guess it would have been cool to hang onto those extra picks and pick a guy who has fallen just about as far as anyone in the draft.

It was four picks in exchange for Lockett or three picks to move up for Lockett.

Hopefully, he can hang onto the football with those small hands and thin frame. Carroll values ball security over anything else.

Seafan

Reaction score
Teams are saying that Bennett isn't an NFL sized player whatever that means.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3nxtf688 said:

Yeah good call since they've passed on him today 3 times now. :lol:

Apparently they don't want him. Not sure why. But no other teams seem really eager to grab him either

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2gf3ef5f said:
hawknation2015":2gf3ef5f said:

Yeah good call since they've passed on him today 3 times now. :lol:

Apparently they don't want him. Not sure why. But no other teams seem really eager to grab him either

Here comes another pick that we gave up for Lockett. :stirthepot:

kearly

Reaction score
Oops, I didn't see this thread before it died.

There was a roundtable discussion, I think on NFL Network, that came up on this subject. They mentioned that a few NFL front office sources had contacted them and told them that Bennett was JAG to NFL people, not nearly as hyped as the media was.

I personally always thought he was a mid-to-late rounder. He was a decent college player, but nothing about him really projected to the NFL in a way that is exciting. If you draft this guy you are hoping for an NFL average player. The sixth round makes sense.

two dog

Reaction score
hawknation2015":xc6gx7eh said:
Ziggyy108":xc6gx7eh said:
hawknation2015":xc6gx7eh said:

It was four picks in exchange for Lockett or three picks to move up for Lockett.

Hopefully, he can hang onto the football with those small hands and thin frame. Carroll values ball security over anything else.

Did Lockette have a fumbling problem in college ? I never heard of one nor saw it listed
as a negative with him. Enlighten me.