We suck at trades

seabowl

Reaction score
Both getting and giving up picks we stink. WTF?

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":16h4whpv said:
That's why we post on forums and Schneider is the GM.

????

You don't have to be an NFL GM to understand draft pick position value. I would be curious to see what the chart says for what we traded away for the 1 pick.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I think the bigger issue is we had too many draft picks. Not all 10 of them would have made the team or the practice squad so we may have overpaid a little to get a guy that would contribute. I have no concerns over this move especially after seeing 99% fair catches last year and Paul Richardson blow out his ACL.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
seabowl":3elrs3pl said:
dumbrabbit":3elrs3pl said:

????

You don't have to be an NFL GM to understand draft pick position value. I would be curious to see what the chart says for what we traded away for the 1 pick.

They have like what, 11? 12 picks? They weren't going to use them all, so obviously they were going to make some trades and the most obvious way to get rid of them was to trade up for players that they need.

Hardly any teams do pick for pick swaps to give up their spot in the draft.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":2a8ukibq said:
seabowl":2a8ukibq said:
dumbrabbit":2a8ukibq said:

????

They have like what, 11? 12 picks? They weren't going to use them all, so obviously they were going to make some trades and the most obvious way to get rid of them was to trade up for players that they need.

Hardly any teams do pick for pick swaps to give up their spot in the draft.

Not saying to not trade but you don't have to overpay and can use some of those picks to move up in other spots.

Seafan

Reaction score
Only 53 spots man. We have a lot of talent right now. I wanted quality players with these first two picks and the Hawks didn't disappoint. Clark and Lockette would have made a huge difference for us last year.

Plenty of picks to get some OLs.

two dog

Reaction score
He's worth it.

Lockette was the only must stop guy on K-State's team and nobody could.
You may say WTF now but when you see him play you will feel differently.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
two dog":2rivoe6y said:
He's worth it.

Don't hate the player, hate the comp we gave up

vonstout

Reaction score
I think the should have picked Lockett with 63 and Clark probably would have been available at our 3rd round pick. They could have thrown one of those picks at La'el Collins! The Saints 4th rounder alone could have moved us up 10-12 spots in the second round. We could have gone up for DGB in the second and picked up Montgomery as a KR a lot later. I guess we are going to go after Chris Myers or Justin Blaylock after the draft.

vonstout

Reaction score
If you look at the trade value chart (Ourlads), pick #69 is worth 240, the picks we gave up are worth 120 +70+24.6+19 = 233.6. I just think we reached for Clark and that was a mistake. SF and StL seem to be putting together strong drafts. I was hoping the volume of mid round picks would fill in our roster with cheaper backups. For a draft that was supposed to be deep through the fifth round, I think we gave up too much.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
seabowl":1gupmbj5 said:
dumbrabbit":1gupmbj5 said:

????

According to the trade value chart we got a good deal by not having to give up a 7th rd pick too

We got
69= 245

Gave up
95=120
112=70
167=24.6
181=19
Total 233.6

QuahHawk

Reaction score
two dog":2e8tk3nt said:
He's worth it.

he will be our #2 WR this year and When Richardsonget back to Full stength it wil be

#1 Richardson
#2 Lockett
#3 Baldwin

Lockett is like a Randell Cobb, would have been a 2nd rounder in many pasts drafts. He is not just a KR, but he is also never going to be the Elite #1 WR like Dez Bryant or Calvin.

So many teams are chasing the Elite #1 WR but which SB winning team had one since that type of WR existed.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":8kecbh6l said:
That's not a valid answer.

Matt Millen was a GM for a number of years.

While the Hawks have had some success with trades (clemons, lynch) the majority have been losers, including the worst move in Seahawks history and one of the worst in NFL history: the Harvin trade. We gave up more and paid more and got less in return than pretty much any trade ever. Harvin literally made MILLIONS with an S at the end PER GAME. He made more in 1 game than most of our players make in a season, and he was garbage on the field.

Fans have every reason to wonder why we lose trades more often than other teams. Hell, Schneider got that ball rolling all the way back with Whitehurst. It has been a recurring theme.

It is a testament to far a team can go with a truly elite defense and an efficient QB and tough bruising RB, that we can lose trades badly, draft poorly in the 1st, overpay FAs (both our own and from other teams) and still remain under the cap and THE BEST team in the NFL.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
I saw a PFT headline claiming Seahawks overpaid in the trade but the value chart says otherwise so I didn't bother to click it.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Wenhawk":20qxepxt said:
seabowl":20qxepxt said:
dumbrabbit":20qxepxt said:

????

According to the trade value chart we got a good deal by not having to give up a 7th rd pick too

We got
69= 245

Gave up
95=120
112=70
167=24.6
181=19
Total 233.6
The OP looks extremely foolish, we actually got the better end of the trade

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":13s81vuq said:
dumbrabbit":13s81vuq said:
That's not a valid answer.

Matt Millen was a GM for a number of years.

While the Hawks have had some success with trades (clemons, lynch) the majority have been losers, including the worst move in Seahawks history and one of the worst in NFL history: the Harvin trade. We gave up more and paid more and got less in return than pretty much any trade ever. Harvin literally made MILLIONS with an S at the end PER GAME. He made more in 1 game than most of our players make in a season, and he was garbage on the field.

Fans have every reason to wonder why we lose trades more often than other teams. Hell, Schneider got that ball rolling all the way back with Whitehurst. It has been a recurring theme.

It is a testament to far a team can go with a truly elite defense and an efficient QB and tough bruising RB, that we can lose trades badly, draft poorly in the 1st, overpay FAs (both our own and from other teams) and still remain under the cap and THE BEST team in the NFL.
Hahahahahahahaha

Hahahahaha haha ha hahahahaha

:34853_doh: