Maxx Williams

seabowl

Reaction score
I know after the Graham trade, TE is not a need but I really do think this guy has a chance at being a special player. Will be interesting to see where he goes and who takes him. Reminds many of a more raw Witten.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
Seahawks could use another TE, as Miller is gone and neither Graham or Willson are the ideal "traditional" TE. I imagine Russell likes tall targets as he likes the deep ball and big guys who can be physical to gain position and high center the pass. Tate was his target for that despite size, Kearse filled that role too to varying success, and Matthews flashed that talent in February. I think he's gone at #63 though.

McGruff

Reaction score
In a normal draft class, Williams, for all his production in college, is a third round pick athletically. What is intriguing about him is he gets full production out of his limited athletic profile. But still, he's a third round pick who will go in the second because of need.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
Maxx would be a great addt at TE, he fits our team so well and would be a great complement to Jimmy. Good blocker, and has a way of finding the openings in a def. he won't be available, but I would take him with our 3rd rdr.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
McGruff":39s3my9f said:
In a normal draft class, Williams, for all his production in college, is a third round pick athletically. What is intriguing about him is he gets full production out of his limited athletic profile. But still, he's a third round pick who will go in the second because of need.

He played at Minnesota, they run the ball first second and third. then throw as a last resort. It doesn't surprise me he doesn't have huge numbers.

acbass

Reaction score
I'm a Gophers season ticket holder. You are exactly right... There was a game this year they threw two passes. The quarterback situation was abysmal. Maxx is extremely athletic and I believe is worthy of a second round pick. He's a pretty good blocker and I think he'd be a great fit here. Would love to see that pick.

penihawk

Reaction score
He will be gone before 63 and I would love to get the Belldozer, Blake Bell if he is still available in the 5-6th range.

penihawk

Reaction score
Can Kroft play qb and run like a fullback inside the 3 yd line? I think Bell can develop into a sneaky good TE and has mad football skills even tho he is quite raw right at the moment.

Hawks46

Reaction score
McGruff":1uox42c8 said:

From what I've read and studied about the draft, most GM's look at a guy with tons of production in college, but limited athleticism as an over achiever having a lower ceiling.

It's the opposite of what most guys are doing by looking at incredible athletes that have had limited production in college (Kevin White for example).

McGruff

Reaction score
acbass":3ubpfd38 said:
I'm a Gophers season ticket holder. You are exactly right... There was a game this year they threw two passes. The quarterback situation was abysmal. Maxx is extremely athletic and I believe is worthy of a second round pick. He's a pretty good blocker and I think he'd be a great fit here. Would love to see that pick.

I don't think of Williams as extremely athletic. He's not fast, has poor muscle definition. What I think Williams does do is maximize his limited athletic ability by playing snap to whistle at 100% every play. Most players, especially great ones, know they have the reserve athletic ability to throttle down and still perform. Williams doesn't do that.

But he's not an athlete. He's a solid all around TE who won't ever let you down.

Latest posts