Seahawks possibly trding Irvin to ATL draft ramifications

titan3131

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/status/593621359898406912[/tweet]

This is it guys!

This is how we get DGB. This is the beginning of the end for our red zone woes.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
titan3131":1ybnfp71 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/status/593621359898406912[/tweet]

This is it guys!

This is how we get DGB. This is the beginning of the end for our red zone woes.
I'm in complete Missouri Mode right now concerning the draft. Though I admit this possibility does intrigue me.

netskier

Reaction score
I think titan is correct that they are fishing for dgb, but I have no idea how the mechanics work. Clearly our front office is conspiring to keep us in the dark by talking with the principals in secret.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
No way is Irvin enough to jump back into the first round. Though it's obvious that they are in fact fishing and hoping to net DBG in my opinion.

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
We are going tohave to give them a pick of some sort as well to pull this trade off.

Maybe we give them our 3rd + 5.31

and they give us 2nd 3rd?

IDK MY MIND IS SPINNING i cant handle all this excitement.''

crazy thought... would we trade our 1st + 3d next year and 4.31 + 5.31 this year for their first and swap seconds?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Their 1st is seriously high right? Hmm..if this has any validity they would have to be after someone that's big time. If they did something that insane.

I'm thinking this is part of a sweetener to get their second round pick or move up in the second round via a swap.

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
I dont know if irvin is enough to swap. I think we would have to give more still. It really depends on how much they are willing to give up. They did ask us about this trade.

Hate typing in phone. ..

TheWebHead

Reaction score
Danny O'Neil is refuting this report:
http://mynorthwest.com/292/2754786/Dont ... -be-traded

I'd guess Irvin is worth a fourth round compensatory, in 2017, if they don't pick up the fifth year option and he enters free agency. I'd think Irvin and our #63 pick is worth their #42 pick and perhaps a 6th or 7th rounder. It may be something the team refutes now, only to execute if a player they covet remains when #42 comes up on Friday.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Chawker":rdd6uu2d said:
At # 42 we'll have to replace Irvan, with who? Are we peplacing him here or later? Hunter, Anthony or ????
Probably KPL or whoever is already on the team. Linebacker like Cornerbacks are a position we should never worry about as long as Pete is here. He's a master at coaching up those particular position groups.

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
The team isn't going to say anything. All danny is doing is calming people down.

The entire philosophy of js is win forever young. Irvin is 28.29 by end of season. He is still looking for a payday we will not be able to give him. This is exactly a move js will make.

Atl approached us, which means one thing... were selling high if we let him go. We were not shopping him.

if they want him enough they will make us an offer we can't refuse.

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
And kpl would replace him.

And I dont see us losing an important pick over this. 4th rounder this year at the most. We have the leverage.if they want hom we will bend them over and get great value from it.

original poster

Reaction score
I have a feeling this is something much bigger than simply swapping second round picks.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
How could the Hawks possibly fit Julio Jones under the cap going forward if they can't fit Irvin?

The idea that Irvin will be traded is a speculation from unnamed league sources as suggested by PFT.com. The speculation is based upon unconfirmed rumour that the team may not exercise their 5th year option with BI. The logic of not exercising the option is obvious but somehow the idea the team would trade for Julio Jones is out there a bit.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I think Chawker means a trade in the style of the one that acquired Julio Jones. Y'know, a grenade-in-a-bathtub type trade.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Julio Jones' new contract numbers are looking like they could be $15 M/ yr. he's in the contract year of his rookie deal. I'd love the team to have JJ but can't see Atl. trading him or the Hawks fitting him here. His present contract calls for him to be paid in the range of $9M now doesn't it?

If anything is related to the Irvin news it would more likely involve a player for pick trade trade with Irvin being the player. The purpose might be to acquire DGB with that acquired pick

Feels highly speculative to me but who knows, grenade in a bathtub, for sure.