Chawker's draft

Chawker

Reaction score
I'm expecting there will be some draft day trades, these aren't part of my mock.

# 63 Hronsis Grasu C 6' 3" 297 Oregon
# 95 Za'Darius Smith DE 6'4" 275 Kentucky
# 112 Tony Lippett WR/cb 6'2" 195 Michigan st
# 130 Jamil Douglas OG 6'4" 305 Arizona st.
# 134 Anthony Harris SS 6'1" 190 Virgina
# 167 Zach Vigil MLB 6'2" 240 Utah
# 170 Vince Mayle WR 6'3" 215 Washington st.
# 181 Cam Thomas CB 6'1" 190 Western kentucky
# 209 Chi Chi Ariguzo OLB 6'3" 235 Northwestern
# 214 Connor Halliday QB 6'4" 198 Washington st.
# 248 Jamas Castleman DT 6'3" 310 Oklahoma st.

cheers

titan3131

Reaction score
First I dont think we will draft a high center. Oline men grow everywhere and cable is a miracle worker.

Much better value with de end or wr.

Second

I can't fathom why u would draft a 190 lb strong safety. He doesnt fit our scheme. And we still have deshawn shead as a safety depth.

Thirdly there's no reason to not try to get a tackle for depth, especially if bailey is a astarter this year.

Also lipett is a 5-7 rounder...

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
I seen your "dream draft", where you selected 4 defensive linemen and signed two others after the fact? Sorry bud, but mine has the better productive players top to bottom. cheers

titan3131

Reaction score
By the end of yhis year we might have to replace

Mebane, williams, McDaniel, rubin, dobbs and king.

sure if scruggs and the monstar figure it out and stay healthy that's great but I doubt it.

Our secondary isnt a huge concern, they are locked up for a while.

Whereas the d line has j hill, avril, and bennett Long term. and to me keeping our defense number one isn't magic we need more stud players.

Its called always compete.

titan3131

Reaction score
And great job adding to the discussion. I made comments on your draft and you cone back and get butt hurt, defensive, and attack mine.

Fyi wwre all hawks fans so its a easy place to discuss Things. So how about this, justify what I specifically mentioned as my concerns.

And while were here what do u think about my synopsis of the defensive line?

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
I respect your opinion, I just don't agree with it. I'm sure we both can respectfully agree that neither one of us is the GM of the Seahawks!......and I'll keep my negative comments to myself. cheers bud

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Ok, our primary needs are WR,OL & CB, offensively we're ranked 9th & defensively we're ranked #1. In my mock I draft 2 WRs, 2 OL and 2 CBs. Now that cover positions, if you'd like to know more about the players themselves.....well check out there bio's and maybe you'll agree with me......maybe. if not well, sorry! cheers bud

titan3131

Reaction score
I understand that u see those positions as need. Now that you read what I've said avout the defense.

Can you explain reasoning for putting a 3rd strong safety on the roster, and drqfting 2 line backers? When we haven't lost or are going to lose any line backers starters.

penihawk

Reaction score
Well we need a 3rd opinion in this thread so here we go. You both have it kinda right the way I see it with titan being more so. I think our biggest holes are WR,OG & DL.

On chawk's side we have:
#63 Hronsis Grasu C- I like the player, I just don't think we go there early.
#95 Za'Darius Smith DE- Like it
#112 Tony Lippett WR/CB- Like him better as a CB than a WR but not here.
#130 Jamil Douglas OG- Like it
#134 Anthony Harris S- He can play both spots & Gil Brandt has him as #107. Can't argue it
#167-248- Not in love with any player or the spots picked. That don't mean they are wrong however.

On Titans side we have:
#63- DGB WR- He is a talent but we need 2 bellhops for all the baggage. I'm on the fence but won't be pissed if we get him.
#95- Xavier Cooper DT- We do need a quick 3 tech
#112- Frank Clark DE- Perfect Leo candidate but can we have DGB & Frank to babysit at the same time?
#130- Chris Conley WR- THANK YOU!
#134- Alex Carter CB- I like him but he needs work.
#167- Gabe Wright DT- Versatile inside player & a steal if we got him here.
#170- Corey Robinson OT- Yup
#181- Alani Fua LB- Athletic but I like Damian Swann CB here
#209- Kristjan Kostoli DT/OG- Maybe if he is Sweezy pt2 with a bit of Breno mixed in?
#214- Delaire/Gwacham DE- Maybe
#248- Corey Grant RB- Shot in the dark but we need a KR guy

Good job guys

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
titan3131":i3agst57 said:
I understand that u see those positions as need. Now that you read what I've said avout the defense.

Can you explain reasoning for putting a 3rd strong safety on the roster, and drqfting 2 line backers? When we haven't lost or are going to lose any line backers starters.

Sure can! My mock is based on production. At the beginning of last year when Bobby & Cam were both out with injurys our defense struggled, Taking Vigil and Harris is to have more competition at those positions. And selecting Chi Chi OLBer is naturally to replace the loss of M. Smith.
Looking at players with one year left on there contracts,like Mebane & B. Irvan which may or may not be trading bait, frankly I don't see this happening. But "IF" that was the case then my needs would change, and they would be given greater priority. My opening remarks were as things stand now. cheers

McGruff

Reaction score
I think the key difference between the two of you and the way you mock is strategy. Chawker seems more inclined towards immediate needs, while Titan has an eye towards the future.

I would suggest when looking at some of these immediate needs we need to consider the possibility of redshirt players from 2014 stepping up. I think especially of Pierre Lewis and Marsh, but also the likes of Norwood, Matthews, Pinkins and Gilliam. Some of those immediate depth needs may already be accounted for.

In addition, this team tends to draft toward future holes rather than fill present. Replacing Malcolm is already accounted for by Smith, Schofield by Marsh, Johnson by Sneed, etc. I predict they will go much the same direction in 2015 . . . and you could see a lot of late fliers taken at DL to backfill expiring contracts in 2016.

Of course, there are still holes to fill, and the team tends to use early picks to fill present holes, and later picks towards future needs.

All things to consider.

titan3131

Reaction score
McGruff":h8qxwuot said:
I think the key difference between the two of you and the way you mock is strategy. Chawker seems more inclined towards immediate needs, while Titan has an eye towards the future.

I would suggest when looking at some of these immediate needs we need to consider the possibility of redshirt players from 2014 stepping up. I think especially of Pierre Lewis and Marsh, but also the likes of Norwood, Matthews, Pinkins and Gilliam. Some of those immediate depth needs may already be accounted for.

In addition, this team tends to draft toward future holes rather than fill present. Replacing Malcolm is already accounted for by Smith, Schofield by Marsh, Johnson by Sneed, etc. I predict they will go much the same direction in 2015 . . . and you could see a lot of late fliers taken at DL to backfill expiring contracts in 2016.

Of course, there are still holes to fill, and the team tends to use early picks to fill present holes, and later picks towards future needs.

All things to consider.

I don't like pigeon holing the later picks as future. I aim to have every player drafted replace a non core player.

if we can hit on players it gives us leverage for renegotiating and let us be able to walk away and stay young.

When you only consider immediate needs you condemn oneself to being the 49ers, as in good drafts then a downhill decline to aged mediocrity.

The hawks have measured patterns and habits when drafting.

our needs don't dictate what we pick. It depends on thedrafts strengths and weaknesses.

Example: this draft is strong with wr, defense line, and pass rushers And offensiveline

Weak with dbs, line backers, qbs, tight ends.

Fortunately our only need that falls in the weak category is db's.

And I have faith in our development of unknown players.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
I'm unwilling to trade up for DGB who lets face it, is a thug with a rap sheet which includes burglary, and the fact that you're willing to trade off #63 plus next years third round selection ( are you so sure maxwell will draw a 3rd round comp pick? Could be a 4th rounder) plus throwing in one of our good RB's too boot.

Talk about the future condensations. WOW!

I'm having a real hard time wrapping my head around this situation. But I can't disagree anymore with you guys. Your logic does have its faults.

GO SEAHAWKS! cheers

titan3131

Reaction score
Chawker":6l8cyiqs said:
I'm unwilling to trade up for DGB who lets face it, is a thug with a rap sheet which includes burglary, and the fact that you're willing to trade off #63 plus next years third round selection ( are you so sure maxwell will draw a 3rd round comp pick? Could be a 4th rounder) plus throwing in one of our good RB's too boot.

I'm having a real hard time wrapping my head around this situation. But I can't disagree anymore with you guys. Your logic does have its faults.

GO SEAHAWKS! cheers

Please read this: http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/DGB/

I dont know how anyone who went through all that and his basically raised by a white family could become a THUG. He is about his family and football.

Free your mind from the propaganda media machine.

If you dont want to your in great company here as evidenced by the majority of people condemning greg hardy based off of espn reports only.

Or @ niners nation they call sherman a thug because hes black and talks.

or the media stereotype of lynch because he doesnt like them.

I believe in thinking for yourself and making informed decisions!

titan3131

Reaction score
also maxwell is the 5th highest contract in Fa it will be a 3rd.

CPHawk

Reaction score
titan3131":31qmm92d said:
Chawker":31qmm92d said:

GO SEAHAWKS! cheers

I dont know how anyone who went through all that and his basically raised by a white family could become a THUG. He is about his family and football.

If you dont want to your in great company here as evidenced by the majority of people condemning greg hardy based off of espn reports only.

Right, because NO white people have grown up to be thugs.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
The article that had Seahawks talking about a "player" in the 50s and wanting to move up, you all assumed it was DGB.

What if it was another player? Nelson Agholor is a well rounded player with all the tools that could have a immediate impact on this team. plus has a heart warming story to go along great work ethics.

I would much more in favor moving up to get a solid player than one who is a risk at best. cheers

penihawk

Reaction score
titan3131":1lbre4v8 said:
Chawker":1lbre4v8 said:

GO SEAHAWKS! cheers

None of us know jack about any of these guys. However if you think Greg Hardy is innocent just because they paid the girl to not show up to court then ya your judgement of character is blurred by talent level. DGB has issues right along with his talent and that has nothing to do with propaganda its just reality.

McGruff

Reaction score
titan3131":1tgweb1a said:
McGruff":1tgweb1a said:

All things to consider.

I don't like pigeon holing the later picks as future. I aim to have every player drafted replace a non core player.

if we can hit on players it gives us leverage for renegotiating and let us be able to walk away and stay young.

When you only consider immediate needs you condemn oneself to being the 49ers, as in good drafts then a downhill decline to aged mediocrity.

The hawks have measured patterns and habits when drafting.

our needs don't dictate what we pick. It depends on thedrafts strengths and weaknesses.

Example: this draft is strong with wr, defense line, and pass rushers And offensiveline

Weak with dbs, line backers, qbs, tight ends.

Fortunately our only need that falls in the weak category is db's.

And I have faith in our development of unknown players.

I actually agree with the Seahawks playing to the drafts strengths, and would even say that they play that game two or three years in advance. They may pass on a position this year knowing that next year's class is strong in that area.

Latest posts