I notice

Largent80

Reaction score
A serious lack of mock drafts this year.

Is everyone afraid after the last few years?

A lot of great in depth analysis only to have the Hawks not take ANY of those picks.

Just sit back and not be surprised is a smart move.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that. Seems there are just as many out there. But not having a first round pick makes it much less compelling.

It's like having Christmas when you got your big gift two weeks before the day. Just not the same level of anticipation.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Nah, ...People have been so far off the last few years they are way backed off, 1st round or no 1st round.

It's easy to speculate we need an outside WR, but the chances that JS picks one that the masses predict are nada.

As far as the Hawks are concerned, NOBODY knows.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I had Paul Richardson on the short list for pick 45. Justin Britt at 64? Not on the radar whatsoever.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Largent80":mcyu6bzf said:
Nah, ...People have been so far off the last few years they are way backed off, 1st round or no 1st round.

It's easy to speculate we need an outside WR, but the chances that JS picks one that the masses predict are nada.

My working theory is that for the most part the guys we draft nobody but draftniks like English or Kearly will even have a clue about and Kiper will hate them while McShay will be laughing at Kiper while making snide remarks behind his back and daring him to a fight in the parking lot. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Chawker

Reaction score
#31 Seattle Seahawks select : Jimmy Graham TE

I'll give you the rest of my picks in two weeks. Maybe people are too good at mocking there selections. lol jk.

Seafan

Reaction score
I've never done one but here goes:

2nd Jake Fisher T
3rd Frank Clark DE
4th Mike Davis RB
4th Chris Conley WR
4th Mitch Morse C
5th Alani Fua LB/LEO
5th Julian Wilson CB
6th Tray Walker CB/S
6th Ryan Delaire DE
6th Laurence Gibson T
7th Vince Mayle WR

titan3131

Reaction score
Largent have you looked at the first pick .com thread?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Largent80":28rjtx9s said:

I think you mean to compliment JS/PC and the scouting dept for doing their thing. You're intent is not to belittle armchair draft GM's. It's not that we can't be in the know about obvious and probable talent. It's just that this still doesn't do us much good when it comes to the guessing players being targeted by the Hawks.

In general, though... nobody EVER knows. (At least we shouldn't. Teams want to hold their cards close.) That's sort of the fun of it. I think most of the mock drafts are being posted in the first-draft thread. Even though there's some crazy aspects of that generator, at least there's some stab at estimating draft value. I never try to hit the "high score" on that thing. But, at least you're limited on which players are available in each round rather than someone posting a mock with 1st and 2nd rounders throughout the mock draft. So, rather than just writing out random players in each round, you have to contend with players being picked off the board and choose from what's left.

On the manual side of things, there is the .net draft contest. (Just 2 years running now?) I won it 2 years ago and "Recon" won last year. I think if you pick 20 players and 6 of them end up with the Hawks either through the Draft or UDFA, that's pretty good for not being in the know. Even if you hit on one or two, that's not bad. No one has a crystal ball.

I'm actually quite impressed with all those here on .net who are looking into possible picks the Hawks could target. In fact, I've actually been more impressed this year than in years past. I think there's several more knowledgeable folks in here than everyone tends to think (not just the expert few - no knock on those who often get mentioned.) Education on SPARQ and scheme fit posted in here has really helped several of us learn what might be more likely picks. Then, just as we think we're onto something... BAM. :lol: After last year, I almost felt like scratching off players that get much mention in here. There may have been a few posters, but not many who thought Richardson or Britt.

As far as when to do mock drafts, things change so much that I don't put a lot of stock in the early ones. I don't put much stock in ANY of them, but the mocks done closer to the draft have the chance of being more reasonable for various reasons.

If only the Hawks would've taken Bitonio last year like several in here were suggesting. That guy turned out to be the beast many projected. Maybe even better.

This is an exciting time of the NFL year though. LOVE the draft.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I expected Britt but that's only because I live in Missouri and am able to follow that team easily and know the local scuttlebutt about them.