BR 7 round mock draft Seahawk picks

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Forgive me if posted elsewhere. I thought this was quite an interesting mock and was pleased to see quite a few of the players rated by fans on it.

Here's the full link with Round 2 onwards. Round 1 has indivudual write ups on the players picked.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-predictions-with-compensatory-picks/page/34

Seattle mock picks

63. Seattle—DE Preston Smith, Mississippi State
95. Seattle—WR Tyler Lockett, Kansas State
112. Seattle—T Ty Sambrailo, Colorado State
130. Seattle—RB David Johnson, Northern Iowa
134. Seattle—DT Rakeem Nunez-Roches, Southern Miss
167. Seattle—FS Detrick Bonner, Virginia Tech
170. Seattle—OL Mitch Morse, Missouri
180. Seattle—CB Garry Peters, Clemson
209. Seattle—WR Darren Waller, Georgia Tech
214. Seattle—C Chad Hamilton, Coastal Carolina
248. Seattle—LB John Timu, Washington

Any thoughts?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Nice mock, I'd be more than content but I think at least five of the first seven go before their projections and possibly more.

Last year I thought Britt looked a solid draft pick until I realised it was Morse I was watching, haven't caught his tape this year but he's certainly athletic enough to be a Seahawk.

Waller had an impressive combine but it doesn't match his tape, not as high on Sambraillo as some as well.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":4b7z4l4a said:
Nice mock, I'd be more than content but I think at least five of the first seven go before their projections and possibly more.

Last year I thought Britt looked a solid draft pick until I realised it was Morse I was watching, haven't caught his tape this year but he's certainly athletic enough to be a Seahawk.

Waller had an impressive combine but it doesn't match his tape, not as high on Sambraillo as some as well.

Cards on the table... Who goes first Smelter or Waller?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":34j2k2qf said:
SomersetHawk":34j2k2qf said:

Cards on the table... Who goes first Smelter or Waller?

Smelter absolutely deserves to but I could see someone take a flier on Waller early in the third day. I think Smelter's probably there when we pick in the 5th, and I hope we take him.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I don't study the draft near enough, but that would be a great draft for us for a few reasons:

addresses most of our needs, and we get great value. Which is why I don't see it happening.

Lockett is a great pick for ST's alone. Depends on the analyst, but that could be good value, or it might be slightly over drafting the guy. He's slated to go from mid 2nd down to 4th in some mocks. If he's the best returner we can get (either him or Dorsett seems to be), and a polished WR, then I'm ok with taking a guy a round early

I might have the wrong guy, but wasn't Sambrailo slated to go in the 2nd ? I might be mixing people up, but I like the pick

David Johnson also a good pick and right where he's supposed to be, although some people are talking about him in the 3rd (which I honestly don't see with the depth of the RB class). Adds returning and ST value, which is good if Lockett were to get hurt

I like the Waller pick. He has very little tape on him, and wasn't targetted a lot at GTech, but with his measurables, he could really turn into something. Taking him this low means we can stash him in the WR depth and develop him. Anyone know if he plays ST at all ?

So with Schilling back, we have 3 OL drafted with this mock, and 2 of them look pretty decent. Combined with our UDFA scouting for OL, that should start to plug the holes.

I'd like it if our draft ended up like this.

titan3131

Reaction score
if they arent clear cut starters and they want to make the team they better play special teams!

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Very little chance Smith, Lockett and Sambrailo are available with the first three picks IMO. All three could be gone by #63.

penihawk

Reaction score
Not that BR's mock means anything, I'm ok with that but did a redraft I like much better taking into account where they had every player slotted.

63) Ameer Abdullah RB Nebraska - A dynamic"tilt the field" 3rd down/change of pace back we need
95) Lorenzo Mauldin Leo Louisville - Plays hard & fast with production in the run game and rushing the passer
112)Eric Rowe CB Utah - seahawky corner
130) Reece Dismukes C Auburn - Unger's eventual replacement
134) Dezmin Lewis WR C Arkansas - Boom or bust but he is a bigger wr everybody wants and has college production
167) Mitch Morse OL Mizzou -versatile seahawky guy
170) Kurtis Drummond FS Michigan St - Need one
180) Jesse James TE Penn St - 3rd TE solved and another huge RED ZONE target
209) DeAndre Smelter WR GT - Could be the steal of the draft once he gets healthy
214) Sean Hickey OT Syracuse - another BIG to compete
248) John Timu LB UW - Token Husky

hawksbrainiac

Reaction score
Dream draft would be

2nd Center Marpet
3rd WR Mcbride
4th LG Harrison
4th OT Sambrailo
4th WR Conely
5th DE Kikaha and his amazing hands destroying Olinemen.
5th OG Fabuluje
6th WR Waller
6th CB Peters
6th WR/KR Diggs

All offensive holes are filled with the best talent for where they are picked to be starters from day 1. Plus we add some defensive depth at DE and CB.

You guys should read up on who your picking,because most of them have horrible weakness for the NFL level or just don't fit hawks scheme. Centers must be smart and anchor. Guards must be able to pull & block in 2nd level. Both need hand tech, leg bend & strength to not get pushed back.

Wideouts need to get off press & catch with hands. I picked 2 day one starters at the #1 & 2 spots. You guys picked project WRs that Jimmy won't be happy with.

LOOK UP MY PICKS,then tell me the weaknesses that will keep them from starting over who you picked?

Plus you picking Defense too high when hawks already have the #1 defense. And just picked up CBs,DE & NT in free agency. They just need depth for this year. Next year is where high def picks come into play again.

penihawk

Reaction score
Well first off you didn't follow the same formula I did in using BR's slots for all the players.

Second point I would make is you took 4 WR's and there ain't a one of them guaranteed to even see the field or make the roster. Mcbride plays slow imo and I don't see him as an upgrade for us.

Third point is our so called #1 D has way more holes in it than you think and needs to be addressed with half the picks. By the way who is the FA DE we signed? There is depth and there is quality depth. We were lacking in the quality dept last year and it showed down the stretch.

Put down the bong and get real with how this team is put together and run.