If available, I see Marcus Peters as our new CB

kobebryant

Reaction score
I really like Marcus Peters as a player, but he doesn't have the requisite Seahawk cb arm length.

Jalen Collins does though.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
In a very preliminary ranking, I would have these four corners ahead of Peters:

1. Jalen Collins - long arms (same wingspan as Sherman), explosive breaking on the ball, tight coverage, quick and fast.

2. Trae Waynes - average arms, attacks the ball, extremely explosive and fast. Hard to pick between Collins' length and Waynes' explosiveness.

3. Ronald Darby - shorter than Waynes or Johnson but longer arms, impressive athlete, great hips and flexibility.

4. Kevin Johnson - good coverage awareness, solid breaking on the ball, size and athleticism to cover bigger receivers. Peters has a chance to jump him with a strong finish to the combine as well as Pro Day.

I might have to bump up Charles Gains to the No. 4 spot. He has made a big statement today in the drills. Only 5'10 but longer arms than Waynes and Johnson. Plays with some fire. Would be a good replacement for Lane.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I heard he had a pretty average day at the combine today. Sounds like he will slip to the second round, anyone think he could fall as far as the third round?