Votes: 10 38.5%
  • D. Hate it but jseahawks is a nice guy

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • F. Jseahawks is an idiot.

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

JSeahawks

Reaction score
On an hour and a half lunch break from teaching PE today, so why not...

I'm going off the assumption that marshawn is returning, maxwell is too pricey and leaves, and we sign a veteran dt whether its suh, ngata, Melton or somebody off the radar.

Rd 1: Dorrial green beckam. We all know the potential risks, I think the reward is worth it. Future all pro if he keeps his ish together.

Rd 2: Jake Fisher, t, Oregon: some people thought he was the ducks MVP last season. Can play both tackle spots. Plays mean.

Rd 3: Marcus Peters, cb, Washington. First round talent, another reward is greater than the risk type pick.

Rd 4a: Tyler lockette, wr, Kansas state. Kick and punt returner from day 1. Adds depth as wr.

Rd 4b: nick o'leary, te, Florida state. Not an über athlete but makes big plays at the big moments.

Rd 5a. ifo ekpre olomu, cb, oregon. another 1st round talent, will likely need a redshirt year to heal up from knee injury.

Rd 5b: Gabe Wright, dt, auburn. A guy to add depth.

Rd 5c: Preston smith, de, Mississippi st. Another add depth, body in the pile type pick.

Rd 6a: JAlston Fowler, FB, Alabama. Seems like we've been through a dozen fullbacks the last few years. This guy could play for a decade.

Rd 6b: Hronus Grasu, c, Oregon. Some interior line help. Could probably use a little more bulk, but he's quick and smart and a great leader, which you want from a center.

Rd 7: Bryan Bennett, qb, se Louisiana. A similar player to auburns nick Marshall. Started his career at Oregon but couldn't beat out mariotA. At this point is more athlete then polished qb but he has a cannon for an arm and has great speed. Not the most accurate or best decision maker. I think he's Collin karpernickish, without the diva. If he doesn't work out at qb I think he could be a great safety.

Synopsis: would have liked toget a rb in there somewhere, just didnt have the spot. Added two first round talents to the LOB withiut using more than a 3rd. Added explosiveness to the receiving and return game. I'm sure ill be called a homer for 3 1/2 ducks, but I think they all make sense.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
For the most part would love this draft. Even though you're a Duck homer ;)

bbsplitter

Reaction score
The only thing I would change would be switching out the third round choice, drafting Tony Lippett instead. See what he has at corner, or leave him at WR if that doesn't work out.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I really like Preston Smith but if he falls to the end of round 5 I'll start supporting the Ducks. He's a day two pick imo.

Really like the Lockett, Fisher and Olumu picks but Nick O'Leary's doing a good impression of a guy who doesn't want to be drafted in the first four rounds at the combine right now. First of all he goes and gets his arms measured at 29", then he loses an inch in height before running a 40 time that makes Moeaki look like Paul Richardson.

two dog

Reaction score
1. Green Beckham-Yes, Yes and Yes.

2. Jake Fisher-Excellent. It's a definite upgrade from Duck to Hawk.

3. If you want Preston Smith, better get him here because he won't last until Seahawk pick 5c.
In any event, I think Marcus Peters will be long gone by our 3rd pick.

4a Lockett is a real good idea here, not just as a kick runner but he's a pretty good slot guy. (despite those 8 3/4 in. hands)

4b Here's where I look for my long sized cornerback, Josh Shaw, Eric Rowe, Ladarius Gunter or Tony Lippett.

5a Red shirting a corner with Olomu's ability is always a good idea.

5b Gabe Wright's OK here but maybe should look at Xavier Cooper from Washington State.

5c I would move Alabama FB Fowler up to here because he's an important pick.

Grasu is very good value from here on down and Bennett didn't look to bad at the Senior Bowl.

Overall, an impressive effort. Nice job.

kearly

Reaction score
I gave you an A. I think I'd find a way to draft a RB somewhere in there, though.

I don't think our first round pick is going to be all that great this year, but I think when it's all said and done Green-Beckham will probably be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I wouldn't want to see Seattle draft him as the answer at WR, but if they paired him with Brandon Marshall, I think that could work. I don't love the player, but I think it's okay to take a steep gamble when the potential reward is a true #1 WR. I just think I'd take that gamble at #63.

I'm surprised Oregon's prospects are so low. Wasn't Fisher hailed as a future 1st rounder not long ago? What happened?

I'm not all that eager to draft Peters, dude choked a coach. I can see why a Ducks homer wouldn't mind a guy that choked out a Husky though.

When I watched Ifo Ekpre Olomu a couple years ago he impressed the hell out of me. Since then, I haven't watched him and his stock TANKED. What happened?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":14w3vibv said:
I gave you an A. I think I'd find a way to draft a RB somewhere in there, though.

I don't think our first round pick is going to be all that great this year, but I think when it's all said and done Green-Beckham will probably be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I wouldn't want to see Seattle draft him as the answer at WR, but if they paired him with Brandon Marshall, I think that could work. I don't love the player, but I think it's okay to take a steep gamble when the potential reward is a true #1 WR. I just think I'd take that gamble at #63.

I'm surprised Oregon's prospects are so low. Wasn't Fisher hailed as a future 1st rounder not long ago? What happened?

I'm not all that eager to draft Peters, dude choked a coach. I can see why a Ducks homer wouldn't mind a guy that choked out a Husky though.

When I watched Ifo Ekpre Olomu a couple years ago he impressed the hell out of me. Since then, I haven't watched him and his stock TANKED. What happened?
Ekpre eckrayed ishay eeknay.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Sweet, Bennett would be a great backup for us who can learn from the best in the business. He's fast, has great size and length, in 2-3 years he can be a legit safety. Oh you meant qb? No chance in hell. All joking aside, BB could be a very good safety, he just needs someone to convince him he isn't a nfl qb. Frost made the switch, and had a nice career because of it.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2g5x2vv5 said:
kearly":2g5x2vv5 said:

Ekpre eckrayed ishay eeknay.

He tore his knee up. Up until that moment he was considered a mid first round pick.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Even more impressed with DGB giving an interview during a car crash. That's some moxie right there.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I went "meh". Here's why:

First, I don't like DGB in the 1st. That guy is going to be a train wreck, and now you've literally done nothing with most of our first round picks in the last 5 years if he washes out (and he will). Like Kearly said, draft him in the 3rd. If he goes in the 1st, let him be someone else's Josh Gordon.

Then you drafted Peters in the 3rd. First of all, he won't go that long. Exactly how many head cases and special attitude projects do you want to draft and throw at the coaching staff at one time ?? He has all the talent, but his head is firmly up his ass.

I don't know what everyone's fascination with O'leary is. He's slow, small, and has short arms. Yup, he produced at a college level, but I see him as production due to over performing his talent in college. He's going to get to the NFL and not be able to cut it against larger and faster LBers and Safeties. He's at his ceiling, and we already have two smallish TE's on the squad.

Ekpre Olomu is a great pick in the 5th. Maybe you're having Thurmond flashbacks, but from what I've read, he'll be gone LONG before the 5th.

I've read great things about Fisher, but he's a bit small and kinda weak. Where do you see him fitting in on our OL ? He'd be a fantastic pick if we could sit him behind someone for a year, get him on an NFL caliber strength and conditioning program, and get him ready for year 2.

Everything else I have no idea, so they were great picks !!! :3-1:

Throwdown

Reaction score
Too many Ducks, I don't want this team coming up short like Oregon does year in and year out.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
Sounds great, though not realistic, mostly because many of your picks are projected to go multiple rounds higher than you selected them at.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1jbu0hyq said:
I really like Preston Smith but if he falls to the end of round 5 I'll start supporting the Ducks. He's a day two.
To be honest I have no idea who Preston smith is (or the dt I took in the 5th round), I just knew I wanted a couple of d'linemen there so I looked at another mock for guys they had going in that area of the draft.