Gurley vs Gordon vs Coleman

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
I keep looking at their film over and over again and I still can't decide who I like the best.
Gordon and Coleman's speed /acc is eye popping...nobody catches them from behind.
Gordon doesn't seem to break a lot of tackles.
I find myself gravitating towards Coleman. Gurley runs around and over people, but his injury hx skeers me

Seanhawk

Reaction score
If it's between those three, Coleman is in 3rd place by a mile for me. I prefer a RB who is capable of carrying the ball in both arms. Might as well put Jim Abbott back there.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
It's an interesting draft, having 2 legit top tier RB. 10 years ago, Gurley and Gordon would be top 10 picks. Now, getting into the 1 round is a big deal for a RB. My hope is that Lynch plays next year and Gurley falls to us. Both are huge "ifs", and if both don't happen, it could get really scary.

Hawks46

Reaction score
dutchcoug":16n2dfcf said:
It's an interesting draft, having 2 legit top tier RB. 10 years ago, Gurley and Gordon would be top 10 picks. Now, getting into the 1 round is a big deal for a RB. My hope is that Lynch plays next year and Gurley falls to us. Both are huge "ifs", and if both don't happen, it could get really scary.

I don't know enough about any of them, but if Lynch comes back next year, I'd go with Gurley. You could redshirt the kid and not lose a roster spot over it, and still keep Lynch, Turbin and Michael.

That and we could probably get Gurley for a lot cheaper than the other ones.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Hawks46":2t88exr0 said:
dutchcoug":2t88exr0 said:

I don't know enough about any of them, but if Lynch comes back next year, I'd go with Gurley. You could redshirt the kid and not lose a roster spot over it, and still keep Lynch, Turbin and Michael.

That and we could probably get Gurley for a lot cheaper than the other ones.

If Lynch doesn't come back and we draft Gurley, do you still redshirt him or do you risk it? I guess we could always draft Gurley in the 1st and take another guy later in the draft.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
dutchcoug":5vbve4op said:
If Lynch doesn't come back and we draft Gurley, do you still redshirt him or do you risk it? I guess we could always draft Gurley in the 1st and take another guy later in the draft.

He's almost assuredly a redshirt situation. He was injured in November. That's pretty late in the year. I would definitely put him on the shelf.

If Lynch doesn't come back, get one in UFA. Gurley won't cost a prohibitive amount as he'll be in year 1 of his rookie deal. And remember you'll have Lynch's 8.5 million in cap space to work with on the open market. You can get quality. And our team situation would be the exact opposite of that of UFA receivers. Seattle is one of the top 2 or 3 teams in terms of attractiveness for a RB.

Even if you're not in the market for Murray/Peterson -- you'll have top choice of any committee type backs. While backs tend to not fare well on second contracts -- if you configure a one year rental kind of deal just to get by for a season, it's not bad cap money spent.