Legal Cheaters...Browns (Mariota related)

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
According to news reports, the Browns are set to hire Marcus Mariota's personal turor as their quarterback coach. Since the deal isn't official yet, he can still have contact with his pupil.

NFL rules prohibit teams from approaching or speaking with potential draft picks before the combine. The Browns seem to have the inside track on Marcus since his college trainer will be on staff with the Browns.

http://www.businessinsider.com/browns-q ... ota-2015-2

I wasn't sure where to post this, if it belongs in the NCAA/draft, please move it there. I have both an interest in the "bending the rules" aspect of this plus Marcus Mariota's career.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
hawknation2015":wafysy2m said:
Yeah, probably better in the Draft or NFL Nation forums.

Browns have no chance to get him unless they move up at least 10 draft picks.
Well, Cleveland does have two first round picks so a move up isn't out of the question.

OP
OP
B

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Not exactly sure how the succession goes, but could they trade two picks for a higher pick?

It will be interesting anyway.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
BleuEyedHawk":p70wnu65 said:
Not exactly sure how the succession goes, but could they trade two picks for a higher pick?

Cleveland has the 12th & 19th picks in the first round. They could conceivably trade them to Oakland for the 4th pick.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3enj73lk said:
BleuEyedHawk":3enj73lk said:

Cleveland has the 12th & 19th picks in the first round. They could conceivably trade them to Oakland for the 4th pick.

Mariota probably isn't lasting until the fourth pick with Tampa Bay and Tennessee drafting at No. 1 and 2.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Winston will go #1 and I think if Mariotta doesn't end up in Philly he will be a flash in the pan. I don't see an NFL QB, but someone that needs to be in a gimmicky offense