If Carpenter walks,

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
I don't see drafting OL high ( unless stud falls). I think Bailey is his replacement and we draft depth in 6-7th rounds

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
I could definitely see us going after an O-lineman early. If there's a long-term replacement for Okung at LT available, we should jump on him immediately. Let him compete with Bailey for the LG spot for a season, and then move him to left tackle after the '15 season.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Seahawkwalt1967":306b91a3 said:
I don't see drafting OL high ( unless stud falls). I think Bailey is his replacement and we draft depth in 6-7th rounds

I'm sure it'll depend what's available when 31 hits. I would guess OL is our plan B. It's possible we trade back, and all of the plan A prospects get taken in between. I just kind of see that the pattern for Seattle has been pretty clear. Dynamic play making offensive players or pass rushers. Everything else kind of seems like it's day 2/3 priority. The fact that we've not hit on an offensive play maker kind of indicates that's still a perceived need.

Seattle does need OL depth no question. But if we're going depth, then that's not requiring a top 75 overall choice to address.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I think they need to invest and continue to invest in the OL. I could see a couple of lineman being drafted in any round. I think they should try to get at least one stud lineman in this draft. I have my favorites right now, but they may change. Laken Tomlinson and Jamil Douglas are a couple of good ones.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":zmklfdt5 said:
I think they need to invest and continue to invest in the OL. I could see a couple of lineman being drafted in any round. I think they should try to get at least one stud lineman in this draft. I have my favorites right now, but they may change. Laken Tomlinson and Jamil Douglas are a couple of good ones.

With six selections in the fourth and fifth rounds combined it seems likely that the Seahawks will be drafting some offensive linemen in that area.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
I'm a little amused about the title of the thread, insinuating that Carpenter is holding all the cards in this scenario. IMO he is not that great and is in no position to threaten the Hawks with leaving.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":3ay1jvnl said:
I'm a little amused about the title of the thread, insinuating that Carpenter is holding all the cards in this scenario. IMO he is not that great and is in no position to threaten the Hawks with leaving.

Because he is holding the cards? He's a UFA. He is already gone at this point. To keep him, we have to go get him.

It's not threatening to leave right now. He's already not on the team. That was our doing, not his.

King Dog

Reaction score
I could care less if Carpenter leaves. He's mediocre and not worth a big contract.

gonzhawk

Reaction score
off topic,
but Max's replacement needs to be drafted this year as well, unless we go with the two we have,
so maybe a swing G/C?

Seafan

Reaction score
Patrick Lewis is likely Max' replacement. Giliam and Scott are projects at T.

The team needs depth at a lot of places but if the right OL were to fall in their laps it wouldn't surprise me if they drafted one early.

Hawks46

Reaction score
King Dog":2siasqho said:
I could care less if Carpenter leaves. He's mediocre and not worth a big contract.

This. I'd sign him for league minimum and that's about it.

jackflash50

Reaction score
What about trying to bring Wesnieski (spelling) from Oakland to play G and be the eventual replacement for Unger at C. If not I would not mind Iupati from the 9ers for a few years. He brings a nasty streak with him.

I am not a huge Carp fan but he is a mauler in the run game and did play better this past season than he has in the past. Makes you wonder though, did he do it knowing it was a contract year and once signed will you get the same thing next season. My vote is to pick up 1 of the 2 guys I mentioned above as well as a mid round pick to add depth.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
jackflash50":19rfdz2p said:
What about trying to bring Wesnieski (spelling) from Oakland to play G and be the eventual replacement for Unger at C. If not I would not mind Iupati from the 9ers for a few years. He brings a nasty streak with him.

I am not a huge Carp fan but he is a mauler in the run game and did play better this past season than he has in the past. Makes you wonder though, did he do it knowing it was a contract year and once signed will you get the same thing next season. My vote is to pick up 1 of the 2 guys I mentioned above as well as a mid round pick to add depth.

My understanding is that he benefitted from having a nutritionist for a girlfriend. But also too, I expect the contract and the fact that he was finally healthy for a whole offseason played into that. It's not unreasonable to think that he would take extended time to recover from the knee injury in year two. Even if it healed properly before year three, it's understandable that his conditioning was poor after having two straight offseasons truncated by rehab. He's a massive dude. It's double tough to try to get into shape during the season.