Oregon vs Ohio state

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Gonna be a tough game. Kind of feels like both teams are teams of destiny. I think the ducks prevail behind mariota and that cardale jones comes back to earth a little bit, but I wouldn't be shocked if it went the other way either.

Ducks 48 bucks 31.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Looking forward to it. couldnt really come up with a better final scenario heading into the season

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
In 1939 the ducks beat Ohio state in the first ever NCAA championship basketball tournament. Time for déjà vu with the first football playoffs.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3oxpairs said:
In 1939 the ducks beat Ohio state in the first ever NCAA championship basketball tournament. Time for déjà vu with the first football playoffs.

Or payback. Really tempted to stay up for this one.

Be interesting to watch Devin Smith, English made a thread about him a few weeks back. He could well be a target given P-Rich's recent injury. Exciting deep threat averaging over 27 yards per catch.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
I've got:

Ohio State 38
Oregon 31

The teams look pretty even on paper, but coaching edge clearly goes to Urban Meyer.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2r0cz4ue said:
JSeahawks":2r0cz4ue said:

Or payback. Really tempted to stay up for this one.

Be interesting to watch Devin Smith, English made a thread about him a few weeks back. He could well be a target given P-Rich's recent injury. Exciting deep threat averaging over 27 yards per catch.

Unfortunately, Smith may still be sick. He didn't make media day he was so ill.

I am surprisingly calm about the game. I think Oregon has been plenty tested by similar teams this year, and Mariota has gotten the 'it' factor after the Arizona loss.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1d19aus9 said:
Two fumbles by Oregon already.

Edit: although on replay this second one is gonna be overturned.

This. Oregon looks a little over excited but seem to be getting the breaks and are moving the ball well.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Mariotta is the next great NFL QB. Grear attitude. Great work ethic. Great talent. Reminds me of a Seahawk QB

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Another TD drive and a 14-0 lead here would be awesome. Oregon wins this going away if they take the run game away from Ohio St. and make them have to throw more than they'd like.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Cardale Jones is a load. Low tackling is imperative tonight.

Like that Oregon is getting pressure and sealing the pocket for the most part.

And yeah, if Elliot stays under 125 yards rushing, OSU loses badly.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Looks like Oregon was paying attention to those QB keepers Jones ran so successfully against 'Bama.

Damn Jones is strong. Looks like Cam Newton in terms of body type/strength.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Cardale Jones is a BIG young man. The Ducks will need good tackling form and the first guy has to hang on for help.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
sc85sis":iczb4e5h said:
Cardale Jones is a BIG young man. The Ducks will need good tackling form and the first guy has to hang on for help.
Just shook off another sack. That's 2 already. Like Sarlaac said Ducks gotta tackle him low.