Center and NT a new draft need?

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I know Center and NT are not highly regarded positions but this team is fading without true back ups for both. Its hurting both sides of the ball when either is out but its never been this obvious. OG's/OT's that are forced to play Center and are not used to making calls at the LOS are hurting this squad. Schilling is not a replacement in my eyes and maybe drafting a Center that can play OG is not a bad idea at the end of the draft. Seattle needs a suitable replacement at Center that can be groomed for the future. I would say a Senior that has played Center most of his career would be nice not a UDFA OT or OG thats played for 3 months.

NT is a position that Meban held down so good and for so long that I never even noticed it as a need. NT is a position that players like K. Williams and T. McDaniel length will be used against them when they're double teamed on the interior. players that big and tall when they get extended the second blocker hits from the side to knock them off balance n wash them down the line, it happend on sunday. Mebane has the low center of gravity as well as the girth to hold up and keep his balance against double teams to fight through them to make tackles or a wall at the LOS. Jordan Hill don't have the ability to anchor so Hill will never be an every down NT in the NFL. So I believe it would be smart to spend a draft pick on a true NT that has some of the same qualities as Mebane even if he's not named Danny Shelton. Seattle is built from the outside in now I think they need to invest some draft picks to solidify the middle on both offensive and defensive lines.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Getting a three technique with enough upside to play NT is critical. Kevin WIlliams is a stop gap. Our interior pass rush has been terrible all season, and Hill has not gotten it done against the run.

CPHawk

Reaction score
My dream first 3 rounds, it's not glamorous but games are won and lost in the trenches.

1st round Danny Shelton
2nd round Jake Fisher LT Oregon 6'6 305. Should be getting heisman hype, without him UO OL was a hot mess.
3rd round Arik Armstead DE Oregon 6'9 300