Florida dismisses Will Muschamp

CPHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":17no48yk said:
Rich Rodriguez is my prediction.
What? Why would they do that? Maybe our DC, who happened to be the dc for Florida the one good year they had under Muschamp.

Rat

Reaction score
Dan Mullen would be a good, sensible hire for them. I imagine there would be interest on both sides.

GCrow

Reaction score
I, for one, think this is gonna be a fairly interesting coaching search, given the situation Florida's in. After looking through the popular names that are gonna be mentioned, makes me think that Dan Quinn is the best candidate, however whether he wants to hold out for an NFL head coaching gig is another question.

Also, as a Longhorn fan, let me just say I am so glad we got Charlie Strong before Florida had a chance too.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
Life long Florida fan, and I like Muschamp. Great defensive guy and really good recruiter. He he was just soo damn conservative. It cost him the South Carolina game Saturday. The pressure of being Florida's HC is a lot (believe it cost us Meyer). I don't think Foley would hire a 1st time HC again. I think it will be an offensive minded guy like Mullen who was their O coordinator in the 08 national championship year. Rich Rod would be awesome as well. It's going to be interesting, whoever it is, will inherit an insanely talented football team like Urban Meyer did after the Ron Zook era.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
GCrow":300bxzwl said:
I, for one, think this is gonna be a fairly interesting coaching search, given the situation Florida's in. After looking through the popular names that are gonna be mentioned, makes me think that Dan Quinn is the best candidate, however whether he wants to hold out for an NFL head coaching gig is another question.

Also, as a Longhorn fan, let me just say I am so glad we got Charlie Strong before Florida had a chance too.
Like I said don't think it'll be a first time guy or a defensive guy like Quinn. He's well regarded in Gainsville as they rode one of the most dominant defenses in Florida history in 2012 to a sugar bowl, but just not the right time for him.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3sq7g9v4 said:
Vegas has Oklahoma states mike Gundy as the favorite.

http://m.tulsaworld.com/homepage5/osu-s ... l?mode=jqm
That would make a lot of sense. The offensive minded guy we are looking for. SEC known for dominant defenses, but we've been spoiled with Spurrier and Urban Meyer offenses. Watching an anemic offense for the last 4 years, Gundy would be a good get.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
BAllenHawk":2efab5m7 said:
Hasselbeck":2efab5m7 said:
Call me crazy but I think Spurrier goes back home.
Haha, imho I think the man is done. He just doesn't seem into it anymore.

Very possible.

I think Florida wants a splashy hire though. Gundy would be very interesting. Schiano would be a great hire IMO but don't know if that fits the "sexy" category

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
BAllenHawk":1w8vt75u said:
JSeahawks":1w8vt75u said:
Vegas has Oklahoma states mike Gundy as the favorite.

http://m.tulsaworld.com/homepage5/osu-s ... l?mode=jqm
That would make a lot of sense. The offensive minded guy we are looking for. SEC known for dominant defenses, but we've been spoiled with Spurrier and Urban Meyer offenses. Watching an anemic offense for the last 4 years, Gundy would be a good get.

It's hard to see that happening. Gundy is an Oklahoma State alum and T. Boone Pickens has deeper pockets than anyone at Florida does.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
GCrow":2b7f2vz1 said:

Not really relevant to the thread, but it's kind of funny to see a Longhorn with an avatar of The Boz.

:thirishdrinkers:

GCrow

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":3se2orq5 said:
GCrow":3se2orq5 said:

Not really relevant to the thread, but it's kind of funny to see a Longhorn with an avatar of The Boz.

:thirishdrinkers:

Haha you know I never even thought how bad a look it was as a Longhorn fan. I guess in my defence I am a millennial so my cop out is I was not around for his hey-day in college *shrugs*

GCrow

Reaction score
BAllenHawk":dqa95exm said:
GCrow":dqa95exm said:

Like I said don't think it'll be a first time guy or a defensive guy like Quinn. He's well regarded in Gainsville as they rode one of the most dominant defenses in Florida history in 2012 to a sugar bowl, but just not the right time for him.

Ya, now that I think more of it that makes sense as well. Out of curiosity what are your thoughts on Jim McElwain (Colorado State coach), or Doc Holliday (Marshall)?

Those two seem like popular lower-key names being thrown out, after you get past your Freezes, Stoops', Kelly/Harbaugh's.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
GCrow":wpjzlbxq said:
BAllenHawk":wpjzlbxq said:
GCrow":wpjzlbxq said:

Ya, now that I think more of it that makes sense as well. Out of curiosity what are your thoughts on Jim McElwain (Colorado State coach), or Doc Holliday (Marshall)?

Those two seem like popular lower-key names being thrown out, after you get past your Freezes, Stoops', Kelly/Harbaugh's.
I personally don't know a ton about them, but I've seen Doc Holliday's name come several times on Alligator Army (SB Nation blog). I'm just worried that Folley is going for the biggest name possible instead of the best canidate for the job.