OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1n38260n said:
Allweatherfan":1n38260n said:
DomeHawk":1n38260n said:
This is a really great defensive class for UDub, truly one of the best in the country.

Um did you see Oregons class?

Um, did you see Oregon's defense the last few years?

1918: UW #1 Pac-12 defense

1917: UW #1 Pac-12 defense

1916: UW #1 Pac-12 defense

1915: UW #1 Pac-12 defense

You know you're in the wrong century?

chris98251

Reaction score
JSeahawks":s2gyw68o said:
DomeHawk":s2gyw68o said:
Allweatherfan":s2gyw68o said:
DomeHawk":s2gyw68o said:
This is a really great defensive class for UDub, truly one of the best in the country.

Just wondering when in the early 1900's there was a Pac 12.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":2bb26vnq said:
JSeahawks":2bb26vnq said:
DomeHawk":2bb26vnq said:
Allweatherfan":2bb26vnq said:

ha-ha! multi-tasking and not doing one of the tasks very well.

And, we're only 18+ years into this century, I'll catch up eventually.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":2q2xdbpv said:
JSeahawks":2q2xdbpv said:
DomeHawk":2q2xdbpv said:
Allweatherfan":2q2xdbpv said:

Actually, it was the PCC or Pacific Coast Conference in those years.

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
DomeHawk":f7httvma said:
Allweatherfan":f7httvma said:
DomeHawk":f7httvma said:

2018: UW #1 Pac-12 defense

2017: UW #1 Pac-12 defense

2016: UW #1 Pac-12 defense

2015: UW #1 Pac-12 defense

You just come accross so one sided that it is hard to take your strong one-sided opinion seriously. It's all credit to UW and invalidating others. It just makes for a weak argument.

You discredit Cristobal as a coach and credit UW defense. However, Cristobal and Oregon beat UW this past season. Now Oregon has put together the best draft class of the Pac 12 and it is built around some amazing defensive recruits. Including the #1 recruit in the country.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Update on Puka from Blair Angulo, who is the "mountain region recruiting analyst" for the 247 network. He's the guy that seems to be closest to Nacua's recruitment:

"I'm told by a very reliable source in Utah that four-star receiver Puka Nacua has yet to make up his mind as of Thursday night. One moment it's Washington, the next it's Oregon. It's a ridiculously tight call right now.
'It's 51 percent Washington, 49 percent Oregon,' a source said, 'but it swings.'
A separate source told me this morning he thought Nacua was leaning toward the Ducks. Another source close to the recruitment told me this afternoon he thought Washington was in the lead.

There is a chance that Nacua will look to close this out tonight and sign at some point Friday. A couple local TV stations in the Salt Lake City area have offered to broadcast his announcement since he was unable to reveal a college choice in front of family and friends at Orem's ceremony on Wednesday."

Word is that Oregon is close to hiring Kasey Dunn away from Oklahoma State. One of the best WR coaches in the business. HOpefully that will help push Nacua our way.

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":flbgozsq said:
Uncle Si":flbgozsq said:
Where are the rankings on college wr coaches?

Well, he's coached 3 of the last 9 Biletnikoff Winners (award given to the nations best wr).

Was named best wide receiver coach in the country in 2017 by Football Scoop.

http://footballscoop.com/news/kasey-dun ... oach-year/

He's not much of a recruiter, but Oregon seems to have enough ace recruiters on staff. He'd be a good hire.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Puka signing tomorrow night. I think he’s going to Uw. Utah has also started to enter the conversation in the last 24 hours.

drrew

Reaction score
I know Oregon fans were a little disappointed with the Nacua news, but that's no reason to kill .net!

D

DomeHawk

Allweatherfan":wewycjni said:
DomeHawk":wewycjni said:
Allweatherfan":wewycjni said:
DomeHawk":wewycjni said:

You just come accross so one sided that it is hard to take your strong one-sided opinion seriously. It's all credit to UW and invalidating others. It just makes for a weak argument.

You discredit Cristobal as a coach and credit UW defense. However, Cristobal and Oregon beat UW this past season. Now Oregon has put together the best draft class of the Pac 12 and it is built around some amazing defensive recruits. Including the #1 recruit in the country.

Of course I am one sided, that's my school, but that doesn't mean I lie or post ridiculous predictions like some here, (you know who you are).

If you pay attention to my posts I generally post sources so it isn't just my opinion, it's supported by facts.

Yes, Oregon had a great recruiting class this but what I said was their great recruiting isn't supported by anything. Mario Cristobal has a 36-54 coaching record and Jim Leavitt is the most overrated defensive coordinator in college football. The only time he has had a top-rated defense is when he had 4th and 5th year players at Colorado. Look at the last few years, Oregon's defense has been among the worst in the Pac-12 year after year.

And, Oregon didn't beat the Huskies this year, Coach Petersen beat the Huskies this year with that horrible decision to not try to get closer or get a TD with a 1st down, two timeouts, and 32 seconds remaining.

And I don't invalidate others, I invalidate Oregon because it is a corrupt program that utilizes the resources of a major corporation to build a brand, something that I, and many others feel is a direct violation of rules regarding unfair contributions. The fact that the NCAA doesn't have the balls to pursue that is a story for another thread.

And, Oregon does not have the #1 recruiting class in the Pac, UW does. UW has an almost 2 to 1 ratio of 4-stars to 3-stars while Oregon has a less than 50/50 split. Those ratings are based upon algorithms and sites like Rivals who don't know WTF they are doing.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1i4mxvfg said:
Allweatherfan":1i4mxvfg said:
DomeHawk":1i4mxvfg said:
Allweatherfan":1i4mxvfg said:

Of course I am one sided, that's my school, but that doesn't mean I lie or post ridiculous predictions like some here, (you know who you are).

If you pay attention to my posts I generally post sources so it isn't just my opinion, it's supported by facts.

Yes, Oregon had a great recruiting class this but what I said was their great recruiting isn't supported by anything. Mario Cristobal has a 36-54 coaching record and Jim Leavitt is the most overrated defensive coordinator in college football. The only time he has had a top-rated defense is when he had 4th and 5th year players at Colorado. Look at the last few years, Oregon's defense has been among the worst in the Pac-12 year after year.

And, Oregon didn't beat the Huskies this year, Coach Petersen beat the Huskies this year with that horrible decision to not try to get closer or get a TD with a 1st down, two timeouts, and 32 seconds remaining.

And I don't invalidate others, I invalidate Oregon because it is a corrupt program that utilizes the resources of a major corporation to build a brand, something that I, and many others feel is a direct violation of rules regarding unfair contributions. The fact that the NCAA doesn't have the balls to pursue that is a story for another thread.

And, Oregon does not have the #1 recruiting class in the Pac, UW does. UW has an almost 2 to 1 ratio of 4-stars to 3-stars while Oregon has a less than 50/50 split. Those ratings are based upon algorithms and sites like Rivals who don't know WTF they are doing.

Lmao

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":1qpjy5k6 said:
DomeHawk":1qpjy5k6 said:
Allweatherfan":1qpjy5k6 said:
DomeHawk":1qpjy5k6 said:

Lmao

Quote:

"Jim Leavitt is the most overrated defensive coordinator in college football."

L(MY)AO!!!

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ducks expected to add senior transfer WR Juwan Johnson from Penn STate today. 6'4, 231. Had 54 catches as a sophomore, but slipped back to only 25 as a junior as he was dealing with injuries. Wouldnt be surprised if he's an opening day starter.

He does a decent OBJ impression.

[youtube]y23ncrARg94[/youtube]

DonovanJM

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1iz15f4i said:
Is Mario Cristobal's coaching record my opinion?

I love it when people bring up Cristobal's record. Yeah it's bad, very bad. That tends to happen when you inherit a team that went 0-12 the year before and then got put on 4 year probation (caused by the previous staff). Plus he had horrendous facilities. While this doesn't mean that he is a great coach you can't just throw out his record as proof he is crappy. I'm guessing his record would be much better if he had inherited the teams that Petersen did. Boise St was 9-4 the year prior and 11-1 two years before he took over. Hell even the Huskies were 9-4 the year before he took over.

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
DomeHawk":21a3k77h said:
DonovanJM":21a3k77h said:
DomeHawk":21a3k77h said:
Is Mario Cristobal's coaching record my opinion?

I love it when people bring up Cristobal's record. Yeah it's bad, very bad. That tends to happen when you inherit a team that went 0-12 the year before and then got put on 4 year probation (caused by the previous staff). Plus he had horrendous facilities. While this doesn't mean that he is a great coach you can't just throw out his record as proof he is crappy. I'm guessing his record would be much better if he had inherited the teams that Petersen did. Boise St was 9-4 the year prior and 11-1 two years before he took over. Hell even the Huskies were 9-4 the year before he took over.

Even if everything you mention is true, there is still no historical reason to suggest that Cristobal is a good coach. THAT was my point.

In Cristobal's last year at FIU, where incidentally, none of the factors you mention existed, he went 3-9 and was fired.

That's what I love about ducks, the greatest excuse makers in the world.

I guess we will have to settle with the fact that Cristobal is 1-0 against Peterson. Of course, we have also won 13/15. Helfrich didn't do us any favors in his short stint, but all signs point to us rebounding from that fairly well. I'm just glad that the huskies are doing good enough that we can rekindle the rivalry, it's been very one sided for awhile.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Petersen didn't inherit anything worthwhile from Sark. He took a team mostly full of 3 stars and a few 4 stars and won the conference...twice. This year Washington will have much more talent out on the field although it will be younger. Look out, Pac12.

The issue I would have with Cristobal is that he is very Sark-like. Wins a game he shouldn't but then loses 2 or 3 he should've won. Also, I watched the body language of of the Oregon players in some games this year and I saw some things I didn't like especially when they got behind. Well, I liked it because it was Oregon, but you know what I mean.

Let's also not forget that Cristobal has not only been fired as a head coach, but has also been demoted as an assistant coach...twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.