The Legacy of Jake Browning

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Sox-n-Hawks":3etakft5 said:
DomeHawk":3etakft5 said:
Something that you whack jobs seem to forget, I am not saying that Jake was the greatest UW quarterback but he does have the highest passing efficiency rating of any UW quarterback.

What I am saying though, is that he had a great college career and that while there is some justifiable criticism, most of the criticism is completely over the top.

He’s another Coach P product. I don’t see him being competitive at the next level.

It's unlikely but I don't think that takes a thing away from what he's done. As a third-generation Husky I am very appreciate of him and this entire Husky team that has brought our beloved dogs back to relevancy.

HawkGA

Reaction score
This thread is already longer than Browning's legacy will be.

justafan

Reaction score
HawkGA":12in24jq said:

Not to lifelong Husky fans. But that was funny.

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3htmsh0f said:
goseahawks2012":3htmsh0f said:
getnasty":3htmsh0f said:
DomeHawk":3htmsh0f said:
You don't know what you're talking about, I don't play that game rating the QB's, it's stupid and former Husky QB's would tell you so themselves. There was a time where we had several QB's in the NFL but the only one that was really successful was Warren Moon but he wasn't anything really great at UW (49%), he just had the physical tools to go much further. Another thing those QB's would tell you is that Jake had a great career and the criticism directed at him is just more pathetic fan behavior by people that never did a damn thing in sports but feel free to proclaim themselves experts.

I look forward to former Husky quarterbacks telling me things, and it's funny how I've never done a damn thing in sports so I can't be critical but you who have also never done a damn thing can pull random numbers out of your ass and your an expert. It's ok for someone to disagree with you, there's people that think Russell Wilson sucks so I can tell you there are a ton of people that think Jake Browning is as middle of the road as they come.

What's funny is that Huge Millen who is a former husky criticized Browning and said he wasn't playing well. He also said that is what frustrates a lot of former husky players that he knows because they have a number defense and a great running game but the QB position is what is holding them back from being a title contender.

The great Hugh Millen? Now that's funny. This is the same guy who also said that Russell Wilson will never be anything but a backup in the NFL when he was drafted.

And you don't seem to know a damn thing about Husky history. Some of the better quarterbacks we have had have had historically great defenses and great running back but their numbers don't compare to Jake's. How is that?

Or maybe you haven't heard of: Corey Dillon, Napoleon Kaufman, Chris Polk, Greg Lewis, Rashaan Shehee, Louis Rankin, Willie Hurst, just to name a few.

Too funny.

So your a young buck if thats all the farther you can go back, James always had an attacking defense and a Balanced offense.

Mark Brunell
Chris Chandler
Cary Conklin
Tom Flick
Billy Joe Hobert
Damon Huard
Brock Huard
Hugh Millen
Warren Moon
Steve Pelluer

They all went to the NFL and I know I am missing some,but defense and a Running game was always there, we also had some good college WR's and a list of NFL TE's to support it.

A very close resemblence to what the Seahawks and the Huskies today are doing, from the time Neuheislel took over to Pederson that was not the case consistently.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

goseahawks2012":2svtb32a said:
getnasty":2svtb32a said:
DomeHawk":2svtb32a said:
getnasty":2svtb32a said:
Where do you rank him in terms of all time husky quarterbacks. Must be number 1 with such a great passing efficiency rating. Watch a game, watch the Pac 12 championship game, watch the WSU game, UW isn't winning because of Jake Browning they won despite him. Even Brownings own mom wouldn't defend him the way you are.

You don't know what you're talking about, I don't play that game rating the QB's, it's stupid and former Husky QB's would tell you so themselves. There was a time where we had several QB's in the NFL but the only one that was really successful was Warren Moon but he wasn't anything really great at UW (49%), he just had the physical tools to go much further. Another thing those QB's would tell you is that Jake had a great career and the criticism directed at him is just more pathetic fan behavior by people that never did a damn thing in sports but feel free to proclaim themselves experts.

I look forward to former Husky quarterbacks telling me things, and it's funny how I've never done a damn thing in sports so I can't be critical but you who have also never done a damn thing can pull random numbers out of your ass and your an expert. It's ok for someone to disagree with you, there's people that think Russell Wilson sucks so I can tell you there are a ton of people that think Jake Browning is as middle of the road as they come.

What's funny is that Huge Millen who is a former husky criticized Browning and said he wasn't playing well. He also said that is what frustrates a lot of former husky players that he knows because they have a number defense and a great running game but the QB position is what is holding them back from being a title contender.

BTW, Hugh Millen had a passing efficiency rating of 106 compared to Jake's 155, completed 55% of his passes compared to Jake's 65%, AND had one of the worst TD to INT ratios of any UW QB at .52, THAT IS OVER SIX TIMES WORSE THAN JAKE"S 3.25 ratio.

LOL.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

HawkGA":1ebpezso said:

Lol. yeah, really getting my money's worth huh?

justafan

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3lxovv2e said:
goseahawks2012":3lxovv2e said:
getnasty":3lxovv2e said:
DomeHawk":3lxovv2e said:

BTW, Hugh Millen had a passing efficiency rating of 106 compared to Jake's 155, completed 55% of his passes compared to Jake's 65%, AND had one of the worst TD to INT ratios of any UW QB at .52, THAT IS OVER SIX TIMES WORSE THAN JAKE"S 3.25 ratio.

LOL.

I dont know your age or if you remember Millen that season but any Husky fan and every Sooner fan old enough remembers that Orange Bowl. It was one of the biggest wins in the teams history and should have gave us a National Championship. That was Millens legacy for me. Jake hasnt won a game of that magnitude but to me his legacy will be the teams wins and losses and years from now the wins will be what I remember. Especially against the Ducks and Cougars.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

justafan":22oi00l5 said:
DomeHawk":22oi00l5 said:
goseahawks2012":22oi00l5 said:
getnasty":22oi00l5 said:

LOL.

I dont know your age or if you remember Millen that season but any Husky fan and every Sooner fan old enough remembers that Orange Bowl. It was one of the biggest wins in the teams history and should have gave us a National Championship. That was Millens legacy for me. Jake hasnt won a game of that magnitude but to me his legacy will be the teams wins and losses and years from now the wins will be what I remember. Especially against the Ducks and Cougars.

Every Husky fan knows that game, or should.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

DomeHawk":3bopbe8m said:
justafan":3bopbe8m said:
DomeHawk":3bopbe8m said:
goseahawks2012":3bopbe8m said:

LOL.

Every Husky fan knows that game, or should.

Edit: Paul Sicuro started that game, not Hugh. In fact, Hugh was so ineffective he was replaced mid-season by Sicuro. But Millen did come in, in the 4th qtr and engineer a winning drive. But sorry, one drive doesn't exactly make for a legacy. Hugh wasn't nearly as good a QB as Jake has been.

http://mailtribune.com/archive/where-ar ... -123705792

justafan

Reaction score
I guess you missed my point.His "greatness" wasnt what I was pointing out or what I will remember him for.It was what the team accomplished is the legacy. For me Jakes will be the same.

getnasty

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2rwtebjk said:
goseahawks2012":2rwtebjk said:
. but the QB position is what is holding them back from being a title contender.

That's just ridiculous. What is holding UW and about 110 of the country's college team from being title contenders is talent. UW is just climbing out of the depths and is only recently getting good recruiting classes and to date, no top-10 classes.

When we played Alabama we had the 24th ranked talent composite, Alabama had the #1 ranked talent composite.

This year we have the 20th ranked talent composite and Ohio St. has the #1 ranked talent composite.

They simply are able to recruit better, bigger, and faster players than anyone else.

Until you are able to have consistent top-10 recruiting classes, and probably top-5 classes, you have very little chance at being a title contender and that is proven by statistics.

The east coast teams will always have an advantage because there's just way more population there. The only team on the west coast that seems to have a real chance is USC with the greater LA area having upwards of 25 million people.

But go ahead and spin this into some other ridiculous argument, I can't wait.

Did you have a better recruiting class then Cal? How about Oregon? Look at the 3 loses you had this year, all three are close games, all 3 could have easily been won had Browning been better the mediocre in those games. To say you have no chance is stupid you were in the playoffs 3 years ago, with slightly better QB play you could have been in them this year too.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
The next big game Browning wins will be the first. He has a chance in the Rose Bowl, but I expect you will see a lot of him running straight backwards 10-12 yards and either getting sacked or throwing really bad balls. He may even throw another pick trying to throw the ball away out of bounds. Unless Gaskin goes off, the Buckeyes are going to go in dry me thinks.

Browning is a poor man's Kellen Moore.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Feed the rock to Gaskin. Look at what Purdue did to them. OSU's defense is nothing special at all. I actually really like Washington's chances in this game. Gonna be close, IMO.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
fenderbender123":39688hmk said:
Feed the rock to Gaskin. Look at what Purdue did to them. OSU's defense is nothing special at all. I actually really like Washington's chances in this game. Gonna be close, IMO.

There's no way to predict how kids that age will react in these games, so anything can happen and OSU has been suspect all year with a couple of exceptions. Urban retiring has me leaning towards OSU coming in ready to steamroll. It could have the opposite affect, but I don't think so. The thing about them is they have equal or better athletes at every position. I think their lapses during the season have more to do with motivation than anything else as evidenced by the Michigan thrashing. Haskins can throw some picks to even things up though. If UW can't run for more than 3 yards on 1st down, they are in deep deep doo doo

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I don't think it being Urban's last game is going to factor much into it. Urban Meyer is an elite head football coach. There is no way he's been leaving any of his players' emotional fuel untapped. And he's a winner, so there's no way he mails this one in, even if it is his last game.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

OrangeGravy":12ah0ktd said:
The next big game Browning wins will be the first. He has a chance in the Rose Bowl, but I expect you will see a lot of him running straight backwards 10-12 yards and either getting sacked or throwing really bad balls. He may even throw another pick trying to throw the ball away out of bounds. Unless Gaskin goes off, the Buckeyes are going to go in dry me thinks.

Browning is a poor man's Kellen Moore.

Orange Gravy? What are you a Beaver? Lol.

Honestly, I would be embarrassed if I were you. Yes, it's going to be a tough game against Ohio St. but that's not because of Browning, it's because Ohio St. has the #1 ranked talent composite in the country and we have the 20th. In simple terms we are over-matched but we can win this game, their defense is not great.

Jake Browning is the most efficient passer in Husky history, unlike your opinions, that's a fact

Someday you will make an intelligent post, I'm not sure I will live that long.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

getnasty":1vd6cv6i said:
DomeHawk":1vd6cv6i said:
goseahawks2012":1vd6cv6i said:
. but the QB position is what is holding them back from being a title contender.

That's just ridiculous. What is holding UW and about 110 of the country's college team from being title contenders is talent. UW is just climbing out of the depths and is only recently getting good recruiting classes and to date, no top-10 classes.

When we played Alabama we had the 24th ranked talent composite, Alabama had the #1 ranked talent composite.

This year we have the 20th ranked talent composite and Ohio St. has the #1 ranked talent composite.

They simply are able to recruit better, bigger, and faster players than anyone else.

Until you are able to have consistent top-10 recruiting classes, and probably top-5 classes, you have very little chance at being a title contender and that is proven by statistics.

The east coast teams will always have an advantage because there's just way more population there. The only team on the west coast that seems to have a real chance is USC with the greater LA area having upwards of 25 million people.

But go ahead and spin this into some other ridiculous argument, I can't wait.

Did you have a better recruiting class then Cal? How about Oregon? Look at the 3 loses you had this year, all three are close games, all 3 could have easily been won had Browning been better the mediocre in those games. To say you have no chance is stupid you were in the playoffs 3 years ago, with slightly better QB play you could have been in them this year too.

Thank you, another ridiculous post, you're very predictable.

We could have won if EVERY player had a better game but that's football. In every single one of those games Coach Petersen's game time decisions had more to do with the losses than Jake's play.

Who do you think you are fooling? You're just a troll.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

justafan":ukyalptj said:
I guess you missed my point.His "greatness" wasnt what I was pointing out or what I will remember him for.It was what the team accomplished is the legacy. For me Jakes will be the same.

Lol, you are correct and apologies, the trolls have me defensive.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

fenderbender123":2s9j30aj said:
I don't think it being Urban's last game is going to factor much into it. Urban Meyer is an elite head football coach. There is no way he's been leaving any of his players' emotional fuel untapped. And he's a winner, so there's no way he mails this one in, even if it is his last game.

I think his players are going to give it their absolute all for him.

As it should be.