Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The pressure in this Apple Cup is squarely on Mike Leach

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • This being Apple Cup week, I don’t need to remind everyone how this game has gone the last five years. But I will anyway.

    27-17 Huskies.
    31-13 Huskies.
    45-10 Huskies.
    45-17 Huskies.
    41-14 Huskies.

    I don’t think there’s any question that, given such low preseason expectations, Mike Leach should be a considered for Pac-12 and National Coach of the Year.

    But given the results just listed, I also don’t think there’s anyone with more pressure to win Apple Cup than Leach himself.

    For as exciting and unexpected this year has been for the Cougs, you can’t dismiss the fact that they’ve laid the worst of eggs in their biggest game of the season the last few years, losing by an average of 30 points. And given their consistent success (remember, they’re 36-14 over the last four seasons), there’s really no excuse.

    And as much as Leach wants to dismiss it as just another game, losing rivalry games that badly and consistently is a total reflection on him.

    https://q13fox.com/2018/11/18/commentar ... ce=twitter
    Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5169
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • Coaches and players always say, "It's just another game." It's what they do to try and ignore the hype.

    Make no mistake, Leach knows how important this game is.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 15508
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • I think WSU destroys UW in this game. They HAVE to win this and the PAC-12 championship in dominating fashion if there is any hope to make it to the CFP. I’m not saying the Fuskies are bad, I’m saying WSU knows what they’re playing for.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

    Image
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2670
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


  • Apple Cup Week aside, I really like this Coug team. I posted earlier that Leach should be Coach of the Year and Minshew, Heisman.

    BUT, they don't have a snowball's chance in hell to get into the CFP so I am really going to enjoy us ruining their season.

    Because: IT'S GREAT TO BE A HUSKY!!!

    Q: What do you call a Cougar golfing with an IQ of 120? A: A foursome!
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 921
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


  • Why cant they get into the playoff?
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13909
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am





  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5169
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • Uncle Si wrote:Why cant they get into the playoff?


    Because they aren't in the SEC.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

    Image
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2670
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Why cant they get into the playoff?


    Because they aren't in the SEC.


    There may be some truth in that but they also don't have any real quality wins AND their only loss is to a team that isn't even going to a bowl game.
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 921
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


  • The Cougs are good this year and they are bound to win sooner or later BUT even though this team is better than previous years it's scheme is nothing new. Mike leach's air-raid offense seems to be able to plug in a new QB every year and be productive offensively. The problem for the Cougs is though that Jimmy Lake and the Husky's defense seem to have an equally good scheme to defeat that offense.

    Case in point:

    2017 Average pts per game: 30.3, against Huskies: 14

    2016 Average pts per game: 38.2, against Huskies: 17

    2015 Average pts per game: 31.5, against Huskies: 10

    2014 Average pts per game: 31.8, against Huskies: 13

    So, over the last four years the Cougs average 33 pts per game but when they play the Huskies they average 13.5 pts per game.

    Does Jimmy Lake have Leach's scheme figured out?

    Are the Huskies, with such great DB's every year, the one team that is built to beat the Cougs?

    Or, are they just cougin-it?
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 921
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


  • Leach is playing with house money at this point. UW has and always will have way more talent and it's not even close. If anyone should be feeling the heat it should be a disappointing UW squad.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2988
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


  • getnasty wrote:Leach is playing with house money at this point. UW has and always will have way more talent and it's not even close. If anyone should be feeling the heat it should be a disappointing UW squad.


    The Huskies can still win the Pac-12 Championship and go to the Rose Bowl. That's disappointing?

    That's the trouble with the CFP, if you have a good team and you drop out of contention then you are a disappointment? It's ridiculous.
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 921
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


  • DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:Leach is playing with house money at this point. UW has and always will have way more talent and it's not even close. If anyone should be feeling the heat it should be a disappointing UW squad.


    The Huskies can still win the Pac-12 Championship and go to the Rose Bowl. That's disappointing?

    That's the trouble with the CFP, if you have a good team and you drop out of contention then you are a disappointment? It's ridiculous.


    Were you born yesterday? That isn't new with the CFP.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

    The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

    189-152-1
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4489
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


  • DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:Leach is playing with house money at this point. UW has and always will have way more talent and it's not even close. If anyone should be feeling the heat it should be a disappointing UW squad.


    The Huskies can still win the Pac-12 Championship and go to the Rose Bowl. That's disappointing?

    That's the trouble with the CFP, if you have a good team and you drop out of contention then you are a disappointment? It's ridiculous.


    If your suppose to compete for a national championship then yes it is disappointing. Your not UCF your UW, if your not disappointed in the season regardless of how it turns out your expectations aren't high enough.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2988
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


  • KitsapGuy wrote:


    Leach is one goofy, awkward dude.
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2719
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


  • Branded clothing aside, just by looking at them you could tell who coaches which school...
    User avatar
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc
     
    Posts: 6607
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:29 pm
    Location: Orting WA, Great Northwet


  • getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:Leach is playing with house money at this point. UW has and always will have way more talent and it's not even close. If anyone should be feeling the heat it should be a disappointing UW squad.


    The Huskies can still win the Pac-12 Championship and go to the Rose Bowl. That's disappointing?

    That's the trouble with the CFP, if you have a good team and you drop out of contention then you are a disappointment? It's ridiculous.


    If your suppose to compete for a national championship then yes it is disappointing. Your not UCF your UW, if your not disappointed in the season regardless of how it turns out your expectations aren't high enough.


    OK, so IF the Huskies go on to beat the 10-1 #8 ranked Cougs in the Apple Cup, and then go on to win the PAC 12 Championship, and then go on to win the Rose Bowl, Husky fans should all be very disappointed? Because we didn't meet some very lofty and arbitrary expectations that you say we should have had? And who made you the arbiter of what mine or any other fans expectations should be?

    You do realize that expectations can change, right? Even if some were thinking Natty or bust this year, any reasonable fan understood that after losing that first game to Auburn the chances of getting to the CFP took a pretty big hit. After losing at Oregon, making the CFP was pretty much off the table. So, what? Now we're all just supposed to sit around the rest of the season all disappointed in any other possible outcome with our arms crossed mumbling about how anything else just isn't good enough?

    That's idiotic. Life is short and football seasons are a lot shorter. Dwelling on something completely outside of your control not meeting your expectations instead of enjoying the season for what it is, especially when there is still a lot to play for, is a terrible way to live. After how this season has transpired to this point, I will be ecstatic if UW wins the Apple Cup, the PAC 12, and the Rose Bowl despite your assertion that I should be disappointed about it. I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of UW fans will feel the same and, quite frankly, I'd feel pretty sorry for anyone would couldn't enjoy the ride because anything other than a National Championship is a disappointment (or should be according to you).
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2719
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


  • Chapow wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:Leach is playing with house money at this point. UW has and always will have way more talent and it's not even close. If anyone should be feeling the heat it should be a disappointing UW squad.


    The Huskies can still win the Pac-12 Championship and go to the Rose Bowl. That's disappointing?

    That's the trouble with the CFP, if you have a good team and you drop out of contention then you are a disappointment? It's ridiculous.


    If your suppose to compete for a national championship then yes it is disappointing. Your not UCF your UW, if your not disappointed in the season regardless of how it turns out your expectations aren't high enough.


    OK, so IF the Huskies go on to beat the 10-1 #8 ranked Cougs in the Apple Cup, and then go on to win the PAC 12 Championship, and then go on to win the Rose Bowl, Husky fans should all be very disappointed? Because we didn't meet some very lofty and arbitrary expectations that you say we should have had? And who made you the arbiter of what mine or any other fans expectations should be?

    You do realize that expectations can change, right? Even if some were thinking Natty or bust this year, any reasonable fan understood that after losing that first game to Auburn the chances of getting to the CFP took a pretty big hit. After losing at Oregon, making the CFP was pretty much off the table. So, what? Now we're all just supposed to sit around the rest of the season all disappointed in any other possible outcome with our arms crossed mumbling about how anything else just isn't good enough?

    That's idiotic. Life is short and football seasons are a lot shorter. Dwelling on something completely outside of your control not meeting your expectations instead of enjoying the season for what it is, especially when there is still a lot to play for, is a terrible way to live. After how this season has transpired to this point, I will be ecstatic if UW wins the Apple Cup, the PAC 12, and the Rose Bowl despite your assertion that I should be disappointed about it. I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of UW fans will feel the same and, quite frankly, I'd feel pretty sorry for anyone would couldn't enjoy the ride because anything other than a National Championship is a disappointment (or should be according to you).


    You can feel anyway you want but at the end of the day UW will have lost to 3 teams that ended up not being very good. Not only are you not making it to the playoffs your not even close. It would be like the 2013 Seahawks making to the wildcard game and losing, weak.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2988
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


  • Chapow wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:Leach is playing with house money at this point. UW has and always will have way more talent and it's not even close. If anyone should be feeling the heat it should be a disappointing UW squad.


    The Huskies can still win the Pac-12 Championship and go to the Rose Bowl. That's disappointing?

    That's the trouble with the CFP, if you have a good team and you drop out of contention then you are a disappointment? It's ridiculous.


    If your suppose to compete for a national championship then yes it is disappointing. Your not UCF your UW, if your not disappointed in the season regardless of how it turns out your expectations aren't high enough.


    OK, so IF the Huskies go on to beat the 10-1 #8 ranked Cougs in the Apple Cup, and then go on to win the PAC 12 Championship, and then go on to win the Rose Bowl, Husky fans should all be very disappointed? Because we didn't meet some very lofty and arbitrary expectations that you say we should have had? And who made you the arbiter of what mine or any other fans expectations should be?

    You do realize that expectations can change, right? Even if some were thinking Natty or bust this year, any reasonable fan understood that after losing that first game to Auburn the chances of getting to the CFP took a pretty big hit. After losing at Oregon, making the CFP was pretty much off the table. So, what? Now we're all just supposed to sit around the rest of the season all disappointed in any other possible outcome with our arms crossed mumbling about how anything else just isn't good enough?

    That's idiotic. Life is short and football seasons are a lot shorter. Dwelling on something completely outside of your control not meeting your expectations instead of enjoying the season for what it is, especially when there is still a lot to play for, is a terrible way to live. After how this season has transpired to this point, I will be ecstatic if UW wins the Apple Cup, the PAC 12, and the Rose Bowl despite your assertion that I should be disappointed about it. I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of UW fans will feel the same and, quite frankly, I'd feel pretty sorry for anyone would couldn't enjoy the ride because anything other than a National Championship is a disappointment (or should be according to you).


    ^^^^^This (and thank you, you said it much better than me. BTW, this is why you rarely/never see the players on these boards, most fans are complete idiots!)
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 921
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


  • When Pete was at USC, he always said, “Own the Rose Bowl.” The reason is because any process involving a poll is outside the team’s full control. Winning games, winning the conference and going to Pasadena are all things the team can directly affect through their play on the field. But polls become popularity contests.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    User avatar
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6862
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am
    Location: Southern CA


  • Chapow wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:Leach is playing with house money at this point. UW has and always will have way more talent and it's not even close. If anyone should be feeling the heat it should be a disappointing UW squad.


    The Huskies can still win the Pac-12 Championship and go to the Rose Bowl. That's disappointing?

    That's the trouble with the CFP, if you have a good team and you drop out of contention then you are a disappointment? It's ridiculous.


    If your suppose to compete for a national championship then yes it is disappointing. Your not UCF your UW, if your not disappointed in the season regardless of how it turns out your expectations aren't high enough.


    OK, so IF the Huskies go on to beat the 10-1 #8 ranked Cougs in the Apple Cup, and then go on to win the PAC 12 Championship, and then go on to win the Rose Bowl, Husky fans should all be very disappointed? Because we didn't meet some very lofty and arbitrary expectations that you say we should have had? And who made you the arbiter of what mine or any other fans expectations should be?

    You do realize that expectations can change, right? Even if some were thinking Natty or bust this year, any reasonable fan understood that after losing that first game to Auburn the chances of getting to the CFP took a pretty big hit. After losing at Oregon, making the CFP was pretty much off the table. So, what? Now we're all just supposed to sit around the rest of the season all disappointed in any other possible outcome with our arms crossed mumbling about how anything else just isn't good enough?

    That's idiotic. Life is short and football seasons are a lot shorter. Dwelling on something completely outside of your control not meeting your expectations instead of enjoying the season for what it is, especially when there is still a lot to play for, is a terrible way to live. After how this season has transpired to this point, I will be ecstatic if UW wins the Apple Cup, the PAC 12, and the Rose Bowl despite your assertion that I should be disappointed about it. I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of UW fans will feel the same and, quite frankly, I'd feel pretty sorry for anyone would couldn't enjoy the ride because anything other than a National Championship is a disappointment (or should be according to you).



    Great post. These last 4 years and what this class has accomplished have been as enjoyable stretch of football that I have watched in almost 50 years of being a Husky fan.

    I hope the loss doesnt define what the Cougars have accomplished. It has been a fun year for both programs.
    justafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1228
    Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:37 am


  • Cougs are still probably going to the Fiesta bowl. Doubt if even the most optimistic WSU fans were experts NY6 bowl game this season.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23950
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • getnasty wrote:You can feel anyway you want but at the end of the day UW will have lost to 3 teams that ended up not being very good. Not only are you not making it to the playoffs your not even close. It would be like the 2013 Seahawks making to the wildcard game and losing, weak.


    So if the Huskies are weak, what does that make WSU?
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2719
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


  • The Apple cup proved one thing, match ups are everything. A dry Field and optimum weather and it's a whole different game. I really think they should play their out of conference big game match ups mid season also, your not getting the best of what a team has first weeks. Tune up games against Western Washington Community College Jr Varsity to beat up really isn't a test. Then to go and play a LSU or Auburn the next week.


    Back to the Cup, Washington outsized WSU and ran all over them, I heard the announcers say average of 60 pound advantage per lineman. That's huge. With the Weather a factor the quick of WSU was negated and their WR's and passing game nullified due to no footing to plant and cut on to take advantage of the offense Leach uses.


    WSU played hard but it was the worst possible scenario for them to be in against a team that had everything to counter what they do without having to change anything other then play calls.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25400
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Thing is, the entire WSU passing attack is predicated on the fact that most college teams can't leave a base defense... they don't have the scheme or the depth at DB to play dime, let alone pull out that 3 1 5 defense the Huskies use that is the kryptonite for Leach's scheme.

    Only other team in the Pac 12 that has the defense back depth to play 3 1 5 is USC, but they have a dipstick coach who refuses to scheme for WSU...maybe because Helton is so cocky about his talent?

    "I have all world linebackers, and I'm not taking them off the field on 3rd and 15" -- so you see USC putting 240 lb guys in coverage against a Cougar receiver who's 5'10 and 165lbs of shiftyness.


    Huskies play a pro style D, and they put in the dime and the 3 1 5 -- and that's it for Leach's scheme.

    Quite frankly I don't buy that the snow was bad luck for the Cougars. Browning has the weaker arm of the two QB's so the snow was worse for him than it was for Michner or whatever his name is.

    The weather caused a few snaffus, DB's fell down, which allowed WSU guys to run free, otherwise this game is about 42 to 10 in favor of the Huskies.

    It's just a matter of the WSU talent level -- Leach is an EXCELLENT coach, he's running a scheme that makes use of 2 and the occasional 3 star talent ... and walk ons, and UC transfers.

    They can scheme around any mid range defense even if the D has decent talent, but when you run into a team as well coached as the Huskies, who specialize in recruiting and coaching up DB's -- it's a mismatch, because the Huskies are built to take teams like that down.

    On a neutral field in perfect conditions, Huskies win 9 out of 10 of these games, and blow out the Cougars half the time.

    People scream about Leach, but what can he do? Seriously?

    You want to beat the Huskies, you line up in a pro style, pound it up the middle and run traps against that decent but not great defensive line, and then go play action -- and if you have a good 4 or 5 star TE or a good receiving RB, you're going to get a mismatch in your favor every time and you're going to beat UW.

    But the Cougs don't get those kinds of players, it's that simple.
    User avatar
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1978
    Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:57 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ


  • The_Z_Man wrote:Thing is, the entire WSU passing attack is predicated on the fact that most college teams can't leave a base defense... they don't have the scheme or the depth at DB to play dime, let alone pull out that 3 1 5 defense the Huskies use that is the kryptonite for Leach's scheme.

    Only other team in the Pac 12 that has the defense back depth to play 3 1 5 is USC, but they have a dipstick coach who refuses to scheme for WSU...maybe because Helton is so cocky about his talent?

    "I have all world linebackers, and I'm not taking them off the field on 3rd and 15" -- so you see USC putting 240 lb guys in coverage against a Cougar receiver who's 5'10 and 165lbs of shiftyness.


    Huskies play a pro style D, and they put in the dime and the 3 1 5 -- and that's it for Leach's scheme.

    Quite frankly I don't buy that the snow was bad luck for the Cougars. Browning has the weaker arm of the two QB's so the snow was worse for him than it was for Michner or whatever his name is.

    The weather caused a few snaffus, DB's fell down, which allowed WSU guys to run free, otherwise this game is about 42 to 10 in favor of the Huskies.

    It's just a matter of the WSU talent level -- Leach is an EXCELLENT coach, he's running a scheme that makes use of 2 and the occasional 3 star talent ... and walk ons, and UC transfers.

    They can scheme around any mid range defense even if the D has decent talent, but when you run into a team as well coached as the Huskies, who specialize in recruiting and coaching up DB's -- it's a mismatch, because the Huskies are built to take teams like that down.

    On a neutral field in perfect conditions, Huskies win 9 out of 10 of these games, and blow out the Cougars half the time.

    People scream about Leach, but what can he do? Seriously?

    You want to beat the Huskies, you line up in a pro style, pound it up the middle and run traps against that decent but not great defensive line, and then go play action -- and if you have a good 4 or 5 star TE or a good receiving RB, you're going to get a mismatch in your favor every time and you're going to beat UW.

    But the Cougs don't get those kinds of players, it's that simple.


    ^^^^^Really EXCELLENT post, you get it!
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 921
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


  • The_Z_Man wrote:Thing is, the entire WSU passing attack is predicated on the fact that most college teams can't leave a base defense... they don't have the scheme or the depth at DB to play dime, let alone pull out that 3 1 5 defense the Huskies use that is the kryptonite for Leach's scheme.

    Only other team in the Pac 12 that has the defense back depth to play 3 1 5 is USC, but they have a dipstick coach who refuses to scheme for WSU...maybe because Helton is so cocky about his talent?

    "I have all world linebackers, and I'm not taking them off the field on 3rd and 15" -- so you see USC putting 240 lb guys in coverage against a Cougar receiver who's 5'10 and 165lbs of shiftyness.


    Huskies play a pro style D, and they put in the dime and the 3 1 5 -- and that's it for Leach's scheme.

    Quite frankly I don't buy that the snow was bad luck for the Cougars. Browning has the weaker arm of the two QB's so the snow was worse for him than it was for Michner or whatever his name is.

    The weather caused a few snaffus, DB's fell down, which allowed WSU guys to run free, otherwise this game is about 42 to 10 in favor of the Huskies.

    It's just a matter of the WSU talent level -- Leach is an EXCELLENT coach, he's running a scheme that makes use of 2 and the occasional 3 star talent ... and walk ons, and UC transfers.

    They can scheme around any mid range defense even if the D has decent talent, but when you run into a team as well coached as the Huskies, who specialize in recruiting and coaching up DB's -- it's a mismatch, because the Huskies are built to take teams like that down.

    On a neutral field in perfect conditions, Huskies win 9 out of 10 of these games, and blow out the Cougars half the time.

    People scream about Leach, but what can he do? Seriously?

    You want to beat the Huskies, you line up in a pro style, pound it up the middle and run traps against that decent but not great defensive line, and then go play action -- and if you have a good 4 or 5 star TE or a good receiving RB, you're going to get a mismatch in your favor every time and you're going to beat UW.

    But the Cougs don't get those kinds of players, it's that simple.


    I agree with most of what you say here I do think the snow was not good for WSU. People keep saying Browning threw well and he did but there a huge difference between fitting balls in tight windows and timing patterns in snow and play action with a great run game going.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2988
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


  • Timing patterns and the need for receivers to be able to make their cuts and moves are what make passing offense's like Leach's work, you don't have that you already have 25 percent of the defensive aspect to shut them down addressed, have a good defense and a offense that can run at will on you and control the ball is all the nails in the coffin you need.


    The fact the Cougs made it close for the game is a testiment to how well they can play. Alos hats off to the Cougs Band for playing the Washington song since the Band didn't make it due to the Bus accident as well as the locals who were Coug fans mostly that took care of them.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25400
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • chris98251 wrote:The fact the Cougs made it close for the game is a testiment to how well they can play. Alos hats off to the Cougs Band for playing the Washington song since the Band didn't make it due to the Bus accident as well as the locals who were Coug fans mostly that took care of them.


    A feel-good story for the holidays and a reminder for us all to keep things in perspective.
    Bow Down to Washington
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 921
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale




It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:13 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests