Arizona State at Washington

SeatownJay

Reaction score
It wasn't pretty, but that was a nice, workmanlike win by the Huskies against an opponent that's given them fits this entire century.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tackling late in the 4th quarter was pretty piss poor. I’ll take the win though.

As one of his harshest critics it was good to see Browning have a solid game. More of those please.
Knew it would go down to the wire, ASU always gives UW a game.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
UW's strategy was to shut down N'Keal Harry. They knew that if they did that they would win. Which they did. They weren't even concerned with stopping ASU rushing attack. While the score looks close, the Huskies controlled most of the game.

D

DomeHawk

hawkfan68":hggmb9f7 said:
UW's strategy was to shut down N'Keal Harry. They knew that if they did that they would win. Which they did. They weren't even concerned with stopping ASU rushing attack. While the score looks close, the Huskies controlled most of the game.

I thought the spread was too much but I guess if you take away the trick play fiasco and the late score it wasn't really that far off. This was a team that was just ranked though and they do have a solid defense. Watched the TV version last night and they mentioned that ASU was 5th in the nation in sacks and TFL. It is hard to know how good anyone really is until a few more games have been played.

It was a solid enough win given that ASU seems to have our number and it has become plain that just about every game will be a grind. We were advertised as the dominant Pac-12 team coming into the season and at least at this point, that was too generous a prediction but who knows, the season is young. Good news is that nobody else is either.