Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

SS Derwin James

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
SS Derwin James
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:24 pm
  • There were a lot of people mocking Derwin James to the Seahawks before the combine. I doubt he lasts to No. 18.

6'2, 215 lbs, 33'' arms, 4.48s 40, and 21 reps on the bench. Strong form tackler and breaks on the ball well. He might actually be an upgrade in coverage over Kam.

hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Re: SS Derwin James
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:39 pm
  • I agree he probably isn't there @ 18, but doesn't matter, cause neither will we. With such little draft capital, and all the glaring holes we are developing PC/JS will trade down at least once. I'm on the bandwagon don't trade down to far, and take Shaquem Griffin in the 2nd and groom him to take over for Kam.
    12forlife
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:42 pm
  • He's a good prospect but Seattle will almost undoubtable go Offense with there first pick and I think it will be a RB like Nick Chubb or Ronald Jones .
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:46 pm
  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:He's a good prospect but Seattle will almost undoubtable go Offense with there first pick and I think it will be a RB like Nick Chubb or Ronald Jones .

I don't disagree with you on Nick Chubb, I think PC/JS are ready to get back to what worked for the Hawks when we had Lynch. Smash mouth running balanced offense, with a stout top 5 Def. A Carson/Chubb backfield would be a handful for teams.
    12forlife
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:18 pm
  • We did not go first round for a QB, we have not went first round or traded up for a #1 WR, the highest back we have drafted is Prosise in the third round. We will not pick a back in the 1st round, I doubt we look at one unless we get a 4th and a 3rd rounder until the 5th or farther back, the success with Rawls and then Carson speaks to their confidence in finding RB's without breaking the bank on long contracts that are high end for a position that is as much bust as boom.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:07 am
  • James is going in the back ha;lf of the top 10.

Maybe he falls to 15 or so but I don't think there's any way he makes it to the Hawks. If Chancellor retired he'd be a great fit though.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:21 pm
  • Derwin James is my player this year, the one I want on the Seahawks.

Of course the player I want pretty much never makes it to the Seahawks. What really kills me is that MY player is usually there, and I'm thinking "ooh, oooh, it's gonna happen" -- I get all psyched, then the Seahawks TRADE DOWN and the frakking Saints take my player.

Happened last year with Ryan Ramczyk...

The year before with Michael Thomas, and that one really hurt... because they traded down, and Thomas was still there, and they still passed on him. Then I thought... maybe he'll slip down... but nope, Saints grabbed him and Seahawks got Reed.

Apparently, Micky Loomis likes the players I like, but JS and PC don't. =P

Watch, this year Derwin James will inexplicably slip late into the draft, the Seahawks will pass on him, and the Saints will snatch him up with like the 26th pick.... I'll probably put my head through a wall. :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:23 pm
  • The_Z_Man wrote:Derwin James is my player this year, the one I want on the Seahawks.

Of course the player I want pretty much never makes it to the Seahawks. What really kills me is that MY player is usually there, and I'm thinking "ooh, oooh, it's gonna happen" -- I get all psyched, then the Seahawks TRADE DOWN and the frakking Saints take my player.

The year before with Michael Thomas, and that one really hurt... because they traded down, and Thomas was still there, and they still passed on him. Then I thought... maybe he'll slip down... but nope, Saints grabbed him and Seahawks got Reed.

Watch, this year Derwin James will inexplicably slip late into the draft, the Seahawks will pass on him, and the Saints will snatch him up with like the 26th pick.... I'll probably put my head through a wall. :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

If they trade down they will be passing on someone good regardless this is why I don't want then to. This is the year you take a potential star at 18 and draft for depth in the later rounds. Unless someone will give you a second round pick for the 18th and only moving down a few spots. Even then I don't know if it's worth it someone really good is going to be there i'd hate to see another Fletcher Cox scenario.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:01 pm
  • James probably won’t be available at 18 but if he is, they better not trade down.
    naholmes
    NET Starter

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:30 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:We did not go first round for a QB, we have not went first round or traded up for a #1 WR, the highest back we have drafted is Prosise in the third round. We will not pick a back in the 1st round, I doubt we look at one unless we get a 4th and a 3rd rounder until the 5th or farther back, the success with Rawls and then Carson speaks to their confidence in finding RB's without breaking the bank on long contracts that are high end for a position that is as much bust as boom.

You're forgetting Christine Michael, 2nd rd pick. That was with Beastmode on the roster at the time.

Personally I think RB in the 1st rd is VERY much an option. The hawks biggest failure was the running game and there's not many coaches who value the run game more. IMO, if it's not a OG with their first pick to help the run game, it'll be a RB.

I'll add the Hawks under P&J have only drafted in the first rd in 5 of 9 pick opportunities and in two of those years without a first rd pick, their first selection was RB and WR.
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:42 pm
  • Recon_Hawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:We did not go first round for a QB, we have not went first round or traded up for a #1 WR, the highest back we have drafted is Prosise in the third round. We will not pick a back in the 1st round, I doubt we look at one unless we get a 4th and a 3rd rounder until the 5th or farther back, the success with Rawls and then Carson speaks to their confidence in finding RB's without breaking the bank on long contracts that are high end for a position that is as much bust as boom.

You're forgetting Christine Michael, 2nd rd pick. That was with Beastmode on the roster at the time.

Personally I think RB in the 1st rd is VERY much an option. The hawks biggest failure was the running game and there's not many coaches who value the run game more. IMO, if it's not a OG with their first pick to help the run game, it'll be a RB.

I'll add the Hawks under P&J have only drafted in the first rd in 5 of 9 pick opportunities and in two of those years without a first rd pick, their first selection was RB and WR.

That supports the argument even more, proof is Spencer Ware and Alex Collins can be added as well to the later pick argument. It has not been the RB it has been the offense and the Line.

But we will see.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:14 am
  • This kid is a solid custom made fit for us. If he is there when we pick we should take him instead of trading back for question marks. Unfortunately our GM can't look like a genius if he makes the pick every one else says he should make so even if James falls to 18 we will undoubtedly do something else.
    Last edited by brimsalabim on Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:21 am
  • The_Z_Man wrote:Derwin James is my player this year, the one I want on the Seahawks.

This is funny because it’s true. Happened to me in 2011 with Cameron Jordan. He was one of my favorite players in that draft. Thought he was destined to be a Hawk, and the freaking Saints came marching in.
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:12 pm
  • Hawk Finn wrote:This is funny because it’s true. Happened to me in 2011 with Cameron Jordan. He was one of my favorite players in that draft. Thought he was destined to be a Hawk, and the freaking Saints came marching in.

Micky Loomis is a great GM, really... one of the best. Think of all the great Saints players he signed or drafted -- starting with that Drew Brees signing.

Thing is, he's home grown too... he's a NW guy through and through and started his pro career in Seattle where he worked tirelessly for the Seahawks for years -- from the beginning of the Chuck Knox era, to the start of the Mike Holmgren era. He was in line to be our GM, but Holmgren wanted to run the show, so he ended up in NO.

I like JS -- but man, you can argue that Loomis is as good or better.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:52 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information