Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The 2018 Recruiting Thread

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:31 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:No matter what, UW's lookin good at QB for the next handful of years, and thats what really matters.

The kid committed as part of the 2019 class, Dylan Morris, might be the best of the lot.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:51 am
  • Class rankings are nothing more than something for people to talk about on the interweb. But since I'm a college football junkie, I eat it up.

Every team has had that can't miss athletic freak that turns out to be a total moron, Dillon Baxter, Whitney Lewis, Colt Lyerla, etc.

What would fans have to do it this type of stuff wasn't out there?

So let's see SC close out with:
    Talanoa Hufanga - SS
    Olaijah Griffin - CB
    Isaac Taylor-Stuart - CB
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:06 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:And in all honestly, you shouldnt be ranking any of these classes until 3 or 4 years from now. Everybody's class will have some highly rated guys who are duds and wont contribute, and have some low rated guys who turn out to be stars. You gotta just hope they get the right guys, not the highest rated guys.

For example, with Washington one of their highest rated guys is Sirmon, but barring injury i bet he never plays a meaningful snap for them (I think he'll get beat out by Yankoff, then by the time Yankoff is ready to leave, UW will have recruited some other younger dude to take over). Ducks have a 4 star linemen, Jaramillo, and a 4 star RB, Elliot, who I feel the same about.

I pretty much 100% agree with this post, but we'll see.

And yea, I've seen #1 recruiting classes with a dozen 5 star players end up winning 1 or 2 games all senior year. (Texas under Mack Davis, *cough*)

There's always that key rating of "coach-ability" that effects everything else. It doesn't matter if the kid can run a 3.9 40, if he's a goddang moron.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:17 pm
  • Talanoa Hufanga is a Trojan. big get!!!!
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:33 pm
  • Anajimmc wrote:Talanoa Hufanga is a Trojan. big get!!!!

5 star safety from Corvallis. This one stings a bit. He was likely going to be a Duck until Taggart left. This kid will be starting on Sundays in 4 years.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/392092/talanoa-hufanga
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:55 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:Talanoa Hufanga is a Trojan. big get!!!!

5 star safety from Corvallis. This one stings a bit. He was likely going to be a Duck until Taggart left. This kid will be starting on Sundays in 4 years.

Obviously I'm biased, but I think he'll fit in nicely in the Sua Cravens role in Pendergast's defense, That'll make him a matchup nightmare as a blitzer and covering out of the backfield.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:56 pm
  • Anajimmc wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Obviously I'm biased, but I think he'll fit in nicely in the Sua Cravens role in Pendergast's defense, That'll make him a matchup nightmare as a blitzer and covering out of the backfield.

After watching USC get thoroughly out-coached tonight in every facet of the game, I'm no so sure...
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:22 am
  • The_Z_Man wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

After watching USC get thoroughly out-coached tonight in every facet of the game, I'm no so sure...

Man that was hard to watch. The defense didn't do too bad the offense stunk up the field.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:43 am
  • It was like watching the Seahawks last night. The O-Line got destroyed, couldn't get a run game going enough to respect the play action and Darnold isn't Wilson.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:55 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:43 pm
  • Anajimmc wrote:JT Daniels is reclassifying and the 2019 commit will come in with the 2018 class. Now Amen Ra St Brown and Solomon T are likely a locks.

Amen Ra is in, now time for Solomon T. ITS would be great but it sounds like he's recently become enamored with the SEC, time will tell.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:26 pm
  • Ducks just got a massive addition. The 74th ranked player from last years class, defensive end DJ Johnson is transferring from Miami to Oregon. He is transferring under a family hardship waiver so he will not need to sit out a year. Beast pass rusher.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4023082/dj-johnson
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:27 am

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:27 am
  • So 2019 there's Eason, Yankoff and Sirmon along with the potential recruit next year mentioned above.

If Yankoff and Sirmon are as good as people say then Eason is making a huge mistake. Will be out the game for a year by that point. Surely an Oregon St would be better or going straight to playing for an Eastern Washington or someone.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:36 am
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:So 2019 there's Eason, Yankoff and Sirmon along with the potential recruit next year mentioned above.

If Yankoff and Sirmon are as good as people say then Eason is making a huge mistake. Will be out the game for a year by that point. Surely an Oregon St would be better or going straight to playing for an Eastern Washington or someone.

Eason and Yankoff should be a really good battle. Sirmon is quite a few steps below them, imo. I think Yankoff will be the best of the bunch.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:50 am
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:11 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Looks like Eason to uw is picking up steam. If I’m Sirmon I’m transferring right now.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... fer-to-uw/

Yankoff looks like a stud, and I especially like his demeanor. But Sirmon does some things I like as well. I wouldn't write him off so quickly.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:01 am
  • Recruiting is a big deal, coaching a bigger deal. Oregon isn’t going anywhere until they find a coach. Right now they have the second, if not the worst coach in the conference.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:11 am
  • Yeah IMO Oregon is in a critical situation. They've had 2 down years now, and Cristobal isn't exactly a thrilling hire, and will probably be given 2 or 3 years to prove himself. They are continuing to recruit well largely because of their brand...kids in high school who grew up watching the Ducks be awesome with Chip Kelly. But that will start to wear off sooner than you think.

Of course, it can always be built back, but the longer it goes the harder that process becomes.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:32 am
  • hawkman wrote:Recruiting is a big deal, coaching a bigger deal. Oregon isn’t going anywhere until they find a coach. Right now they have the second, if not the worst coach in the conference.

I would not trade Oregon's coaching staff (especially the defensive coaching staff) with any other school in the conference. Also absolutely love Cristobal as the figurehead and closer on the recruiting trail. Arroyo as the offensive coordinator i have some concerns about, and I dont love the wide receivers coach.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:44 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    hawkman wrote:Recruiting is a big deal, coaching a bigger deal. Oregon isn’t going anywhere until they find a coach. Right now they have the second, if not the worst coach in the conference.

I would not trade Oregon's coaching staff (especially the defensive coaching staff) with any other school in the conference. Also absolutely love Cristobal as the figurehead and closer on the recruiting trail. Arroyo as the offensive coordinator i have some concerns about, and I dont love the wide receivers coach.

His record as HC is 27-48. He is a bad coach. And Oregon is going to lose a lot of games the next year or two while he is is there.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:49 am
  • Not to mention he's also been demoted as an assistant coach twice.

Baffling hire, really.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:51 am
  • hawkman wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    hawkman wrote:Recruiting is a big deal, coaching a bigger deal. Oregon isn’t going anywhere until they find a coach. Right now they have the second, if not the worst coach in the conference.

His record as HC is 27-48. He is a bad coach. And Oregon is going to lose a lot of games the next year or two while he is is there.

You should go back and research and read a little bit about the situation that he walked into and was coaching in while earning that 27-48 record. The fact that they won 27 games is a miracle.

The beauty of sports is that we'll know in two or 3 years. But i'm very happy and excited for the near future of Oregon football. I fully expect to be contending for the pac 12 title this year and the National title in 2019.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:42 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    hawkman wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

You should go back and research and read a little bit about the situation that he walked into and was coaching in while earning that 27-48 record. The fact that they won 27 games is a miracle.

The beauty of sports is that we'll know in two or 3 years. But i'm very happy and excited for the near future of Oregon football. I fully expect to be contending for the pac 12 title this year and the National title in 2019.

Another truly bizarre post. Yes, anything can happen but contending for the national title in 2019? What's this based on? Oregon has a decent recruiting class this but if you look at the avg. rating of their players (a more accurate representation of the class) they would be around #22. UW would be right about where they are.

As for not trading Oregon's coaching staff for any other? You are being disingenuous, you would give your left nut for Petersen/Lake and Co. There isn't one single professional sport's writer or knowledgeable Pac-12 fan that would agree w/your assessment.

There are all kinds of reasons young athletes from mostly urban areas don't want to go to Eugene, demographics, culture, and lack of economic opportunities for those that don't go pro, etc.

Smart kids are going to avoid that sinking ship.
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

- Darius Rucker
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:54 am
  • Another truly bizarre post. Yes, anything can happen but contending for the national title in 2019? What's this based on? Oregon has a decent recruiting class this but if you look at the avg. rating of their players (a more accurate representation of the class) they would be around #22. UW would be right about where they are.

Lets compare in 3 weeks when the class is complete. I'm not saying they're going to win the National Title. I'm saying they'll be a top 10ish team which puts them in the conversation where they could win it if everything breaks right. Basically, i'd consider anybody who makes the pac 12 title game a contender.

As for not trading Oregon's coaching staff for any other? You are being disingenuous, you would give your left nut for Petersen/Lake and Co. There isn't one single professional sport's writer or knowledgeable Pac-12 fan that would agree w/your assessment.

You dont know me. You have no clue if i'm being disingeniuous. I love Jimmy Lake. I also love Keith Heyward, Donte Williams and Jim Leavitt. I dont see any reason to make the trade for any of those 3. I also think Petersen is a hell of a coach, yes, probably better then Cristobal. I also find him incredibly boring and dont think he would be a good fit culturally for what Ducks football is supposed to be. He's probably a top 7 coach in college football, but he wouldnt be a top 20 choice for who i'd want coaching the Ducks. I dont care about the national sports writers, i'm perfectly capable of forming my own opinions.

There are all kinds of reasons young athletes from mostly urban areas don't want to go to Eugene, demographics, culture, and lack of economic opportunities for those that don't go pro, etc.

Sure. There's also a ton of kids who will come to Eugene and fall in love. Cant get them all. But only need to find 25ish. For example, De'Anthony Thomas. Inner city Los Angeles kid. Nobody thought he was leaving LA. Came to Eugene and loved fishing, being outdoors and enjoying the area now glows about it anytime he talks about it.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:54 pm
  • Lets compare in 3 weeks when the class is complete. I'm not saying they're going to win the National Title. I'm saying they'll be a top 10ish team which puts them in the conversation.

Why? Because you will have 30 recruits? That is just the result of unbalanced classes, Petersen likes 17-20 every year. Where is the attrition? It sure as hell isn't because Oregon is sending early signers to the pros because that is NOT happening in any numbers anymore.

As for NC contention, that's a joke. Herbert is gone this year, you are going to be a top-10 NC contender w/o a QB that has started one single game? Amazing.

You dont know me. You have no clue if i'm being disingeniuous. I love Jimmy Lake. I also love Keith Heyward, Donte Williams and Jim Leavitt. I dont see any reason to make the trade for any of those 3. I also think Petersen is a hell of a coach, yes, probably better then Cristobal. I also find him incredibly boring and dont think he would be a good fit culturally for what Ducks football is supposed to be. I dont care about the national sports writers, i'm perfectly capable of forming my own opinions.

I remember you touting DC Leavitt as a coach that had the Pac's #1 defense at Colorado. That was ONE year, the rest of the years at Col. his defenses were far down the line. Jim Leavitt is a good defensive coordinator when he has 4th and 5th year seniors, period.

Sure. There's also a ton of kids who will come to Eugene and fall in love. Cant get them all. But we can get the right ones.

Eugene? Fall in love? They might fall in love but it sure as hell won't be w/Eugene, lol.
    Last edited by DomeHawk on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

- Darius Rucker
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:58 pm
  • Pack it in..

no one believes either of you.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:39 am
  • Ducks get a commitment from 4 star receiver Jalen hall from Long Beach, California. He’s the 106th ranked player nationally. His junior year he was a 5 star ranked in the top 10 but didn’t have as great of a senior season. He's graduating early and will be on campus in Eugene in time for Spring football.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4355399/Jalen-Hall
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:08 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Ducks get a commitment from 4 star receiver Jalen hall from Long Beach, California. He’s the 106th ranked player nationally. His junior year he was a 5 star ranked in the top 10 but didn’t have as great of a senior season. He's graduating early and will be on campus in Eugene in time for Spring football.

Good get. I wonder how that bodes for Devon Williams. Pundits have Williams to Oregon, but since his visit there's been a lot of inside noise that he's going to SC.

Signing day can't come soon enough.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:11 am
  • Anajimmc wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Ducks get a commitment from 4 star receiver Jalen hall from Long Beach, California. He’s the 106th ranked player nationally. His junior year he was a 5 star ranked in the top 10 but didn’t have as great of a senior season. He's graduating early and will be on campus in Eugene in time for Spring football.

Good get. I wonder how that bodes for Devon Williams. Pundits have Williams to Oregon, but since his visit there's been a lot of inside noise that he's going to SC.

Ducks still need 3 more WR's. Maybe 4. Devon Williams is in Eugene visiting this weekend. Our insiders are very confident he's going to be a Duck. He grew up with a few of the Ducks freshman from last year (Nick Pickett, Deommodore Lenoir and Thomas Graham.) I'm pretty confident he'll be a Duck, but you never know when USC is involved with those So Cal kids....

The one i'm more worried about is Penei Sewell. For a long time its been assumed that he'd either be Alabama or Oregon, but recently USC is making a push supposedly. Apparently he's got a good bond with some of the other Poly kids that USC is bringing in.

USC and Oregon are also fighting over Olajah Griffin. He visited Eugene last weekend and apparently it went very very well. When he left the Oregon staff felt like they were the leaders. To me though he seems like a kid that's going to stay in LA.

If I had to guess Williams will be a Duck, Griffin will be a Trojan, and Sewell is 50/50 between the two (supposedly Alabama is getting another 5 star o'linemen and will be full at the position.)
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:19 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Ducks get a commitment from 4 star receiver Jalen hall from Long Beach, California. He’s the 106th ranked player nationally. His junior year he was a 5 star ranked in the top 10 but didn’t have as great of a senior season. He's graduating early and will be on campus in Eugene in time for Spring football.

Ducks still need 3 more WR's. Maybe 4. Devon Williams is in Eugene visiting this weekend. Our insiders are very confident he's going to be a Duck. He grew up with a few of the Ducks freshman from last year (Nick Pickett, Deommodore Lenoir and Thomas Graham.) The one i'm worried about is Penei Sewell. For a long time its been assumed that he'd either be Alabama or Oregon, but recently USC is making a push supposedly. Apparently he's got a good bond with some of the other Poly kids that USC is bringing in.

For what it's worth, there's a SC insider from Utah who's had pretty good info in the past, he says Sewell is all Tide. The closing buzz for SC is:

Isaac Taylor Stuart
    Olaijiah Griffin
    Solomon Tuli
    Devon Williams
    Julius Irvin

It'll be a small class, but if it happens SC could have the highest star rating nationally.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:22 am
  • Anajimmc wrote:
    For what it's worth, there's a SC insider from Utah who's had pretty good info in the past, he says Sewell is all Tide. The closing buzz for SC is:

Isaac Taylor Stuart
    Olaijiah Griffin
    Solomon Tuli
    Devon Williams
    Julius Irvin

I think I was editing mine as you were replying. I read today that Alabama is getting another 5 star tackle and may not have room for Sewell. Ducks also think they have a shot at Griffin, although I personally think he stays in LA. Taylor Stuart, Griffin, Hufunga and Irvin would be one hell of a DB class.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:28 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:

Isaac Taylor Stuart
    Olaijiah Griffin
    Solomon Tuli
    Devon Williams
    Julius Irvin

I think I was editing mine as you were replying. I read today that Alabama is getting another 5 star tackle and may not have room for Sewell. Ducks also think they have a shot at Griffin, although I personally think he stays in LA. Taylor Stuart, Griffin, Hufunga and Irvin would be one hell of a DB class.

Has the SEC ever worried about class size limitations?

I'd be stoked if that turned out to be our DB class, but look at the linebackers we have with Solomon it'd be right up there with the DB's

I thought the Ducks had a full class last summer, did they kick some kids loose for better prospects?
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:38 am
  • Anajimmc wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:

Isaac Taylor Stuart
    Olaijiah Griffin
    Solomon Tuli
    Devon Williams
    Julius Irvin

I'd be stoked if that turned out to be our DB class, but look at the linebackers we have with Solomon it'd be right up there with the DB's

I thought the Ducks had a full class last summer, did they kick some kids loose for better prospects?

The plan all along was to take between 27 and 32. And one point we were up to 25 commits (i think, cant remember exactly) but then had quite a few decommit when Taggart left. Right now we're sitting at 21, so still looking to add somewhere between 5 and 8 more kids.
    Last edited by JSeahawks on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:43 am
  • I think this is the last year of impacts from the sanctions. USC's class is looking to be 18 to 20 at most.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:51 am
  • Anajimmc wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:

Isaac Taylor Stuart
    Olaijiah Griffin
    Solomon Tuli
    Devon Williams
    Julius Irvin

NCAA rules now limit 25 scholarships for each "class." That being said I think you can enroll in an earlier or later class to get around that rule. How that works specifically I don't know, you would have to go over the NCAA rule book.

At one time Oregon had 30 recruits listed until Taggart jumped ship. He took some and some went to other schools. Taggart also introduced sleazy SEC recruiting tactics to the Pac, whether they continue that trend remains to be seen.

UW signed 100% of its commits in the early signing period, Oregon 75%, many athletes are wavering over Oregon owing to its general downward trending and sub-par coaching.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... fb770fba43

- Darius Rucker
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:52 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:

Isaac Taylor Stuart
    Olaijiah Griffin
    Solomon Tuli
    Devon Williams
    Julius Irvin

NCAA rules now limit 25 scholarships for each "class." That being said I think you can enroll in an earlier or later class to get around that rule. How that works specifically I don't know, you would have to go over the NCAA rule book.

At one time Oregon had 30 recruits listed until Taggart jumped ship. He took some and some went to other schools. Taggart also introduced sleazy SEC recruiting tactics to the Pac, whether they continue that trend remains to be seen.

UW signed 100% of its commits in the early signing period, Oregon 75%, many athletes are wavering over Oregon owing to its general downward trending and sub-par coaching.

I’m hearing at least two of those verbals will most likely end up elsewhere. And probably three. There is a reason they didn’t sign before. Oregon’s recruiting class will probably drop out of the top 25-30. Parents and recruits are starting to understand how bad the coaching situation really is.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:19 pm
  • hawkman wrote:
    I’m hearing at least two of those verbals will most likely end up elsewhere. And probably three. There is a reason they didn’t sign before. Oregon’s recruiting class will probably drop out of the top 25-30. Parents and recruits are starting to understand how bad the coaching situation really is.

Oh my.

Please, please, please go on the record and tell us who the 3 are that are likely not to sign with the ducks. Here are your options:

Jalen hall
    Spencer Webb
    Elijah Winston
    teagon quintariano
    Andrew Johnson
    Justin johnson

Winston is the only one who is slightly wavering and I hope he decommits cuz I don’t think he’s very good.

The reason they didn’t sign before is because they hadn’t yet taken their official visits before the early signing day. They were scheduled to the weekend right before signing day when we got stuck playing in a crappy bowl game.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:55 pm
  • hawkman wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Hello Ruth
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:03 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    hawkman wrote:

Oh my.

Please, please, please go on the record and tell us who the 3 are that are likely not to sign with the ducks. Here are your options:

Jalen hall
    Spencer Webb
    Elijah Winston
    teagon quintariano
    Andrew Johnson
    Justin johnson

Winston is the only one who is slightly wavering and I hope he decommits cuz I don’t think he’s very good.

The reason they didn’t sign before is because they hadn’t yet taken their official visits before the early signing day. They were scheduled to the weekend right before signing day when we got stuck playing in a crappy bowl game.

It will all be out soon enough. And LMAO at the crappy bowl game. That game that exposed how out matched Oregon’s coaching staff was against a G5 school. Next year Oregon will be wishing they could go to a crappy bowl.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:20 pm
  • Who cares about Oregon? Washington got a commit at the most important position on the team! Championship, baby!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:24 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Who cares about Oregon? Washington got a commit at the most important position on the team! Championship, baby!

As a walk on, not a scholarship player. Which, imo, is the way to go with special teams players.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:25 pm
  • hawkman wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    hawkman wrote:

Oh my.

Jalen hall
    Spencer Webb
    Elijah Winston
    teagon quintariano
    Andrew Johnson
    Justin johnson

It will all be out soon enough. And LMAO at the crappy bowl game. That game that exposed how out matched Oregon’s coaching staff was against a G5 school. Next year Oregon will be wishing they could go to a crappy bowl.

Well please let me know when this super secret inside info you have about Oregon commits is about to drop. Thanks!
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:42 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:The reason they didn’t sign before is because they hadn’t yet taken their official visits before the early signing day. They were scheduled to the weekend right before signing day when we got stuck playing in a crappy bowl game.

Nice try at spin but, the reason thy didn't sign is because they aren't convinced Oregon is the place they want to be, period.
    Last edited by DomeHawk on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Darius Rucker
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:08 pm
  • DownunderHawk wrote:There was news over here in Oz about this bloke attending the IMG Academy.

Looks big!

http://www.espn.com.au/college-football ... -sensation

Yea, that kid is basically a giant. He ended up committing to Minnesota.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:14 pm
  • Here's the deal, Oregon fans have been touting a "monster" recruiting class all year on this board. The truth is, it was never a top-5 class as they tried to make everyone believe. It was very early in the recruiting process and they never had the type of athletes that top-5 classes have. To be a top-5 class you have to have a high ratio of 4 and 5-star players to 3-star players. Oregon never had that, in fact they didn't have any 5-star players like the Alabama's and USC's do. The only reason it looked good early on was the Florida players that Taggart had already been recruiting at USF, AND the simple fact that they were recruiting so many, 30 at one point.

So, they are trying to convince us that they are out-recruiting UW and are about to break back into the elite status of college football., something they never really had. "247 Sports", a site they are constantly referencing as the most accurate college football recruiting site has something they call "College Football Team Talent Composite." This is an evaluation of each team's talent based upon the talent level of their recruits. In each of the last two years Oregon has had a better team talent composite than UW. In these two years UW has beat Oregon by scores of 70-21 and 38-3.

Need more?

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Footb ... tComposite
    Last edited by DomeHawk on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Darius Rucker
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:19 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:Here's the deal, Oregon fans have been touting a "monster" recruiting class all year on this board. The truth is, it was never a top-5 class as they tried to make everyone believe. It was very early in the recruiting process and they never had the type of athletes that top-5 classes have. To be a top-5 class you have to have a high ratio of 4 and 5-star players to 3-star players. Oregon never had that, in fact they didn't have any 5-star players like the Alabama's and USC's do. The only reason it looked good early on was the Florida players that Taggart had already been recruiting at USF, AND the simple fact that they were recruiting so many, 30 at one point.

So, they are trying to convince us that they are out-recruiting UW and are about to break back into the elite status of college football., something they never really had. "247 Sports", a site they are constantly referencing as the most accurate college football recruiting site has something they call "College Football Team Talent Composite." This is an evaluation of each team's talent based upon the talent level of their recruits. In each of the last two years Oregon has had a better team talent composite than UW. In these two years UW has beat Oregon by scores of 70-21 and 38-3.

Enough said.

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Footb ... tComposite

So, if I am a recruit what does this tell me?

It's very simple, there is no player development at Oregon, UW is sending 3-star recruits to the early rounds of the NFL draft and Oregon is sending its players to Eugene's minimum-wage industries.

- Darius Rucker
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:32 pm
  • Oregon wasn't elite? That's funny. They're certainly not elite right now, but if winning Rose Bowl's and competing for National Championships isn't elite then there are only like 3 elite teams in all of college football.

Also, what does that mean for UW the past two seasons then? Because right now their resume is win a bad conference and get dominated in their bowl game. Big red flag. It's going to continue to be that way as long as noodle arm is at QB.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:43 am
  • cesame wrote:Oregon wasn't elite? That's funny. They're certainly not elite right now, but if winning Rose Bowl's and competing for National Championships isn't elite then there are only like 3 elite teams in all of college football.

Also, what does that mean for UW the past two seasons then? Because right now their resume is win a bad conference and get dominated in their bowl game. Big red flag. It's going to continue to be that way as long as noodle arm is at QB.

"Elite" programs win national championships, in fact, real elites win multiple NC's. Oregon has never even been close to that. Without infusions of cash from Phil Knight Oregon has never been anything but a lower to middle-of-the-pack team. It appears they have regained that form.

BTW, "noodle arm" laid 70 and 38 on the hapless duckies the last two seasons.

As for the "bad conference" reference all the teams in the Pac-12 were at full strength. When Oregon had its best years USC was under sanctions where their scholarships were restricted.

- Darius Rucker
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:50 am
  • This thread is devolving into a school yard argument about favorite teams.

The thread is a great resource to post about future prospects, recruits and the futures of these programs. If you want to argue over which program is better (a totally subjective argument that will never be won by any of you) start a thread and take it there.

If you insist on naughty words and name calling. Start it in the Shack.

Stay on topic. Please and thank you
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:13 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information