It's that time of year again!!!

Have questions or seeking answers regarding anything to do with Seahawks.NET? Here's the place. LANGUAGE RATING: PG
Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:51 am
  • Kind and wonderful .NETters everywhere, :)

As we begin the 2015 NFL season, it's once again time to remind our valued membership that we are truly a member-funded enterprise at Seahawks.NET.

We have the greatest Hawks board anywhere, running on the best equipment and connections possible. To enable us all to interact like we do, trouble-free, and without any annoying advertisements, it gets expensive. We simply cannot do it without you.

To those of you who have donated your hard-earned dollars to the board over the years, a heart-felt THANK YOU to all of you!

For those of you who are able to donate, we encourage you to do so by visiting here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95718 to find valuable links to donate while you purchase online products you use everyday.

Also, if you are interested in making an outright cash donation, please follow the instructions here:

DONATE

Your contributions go straight to paying the costs associated with providing top-notch bandwidth and handling all the wonderful data you contribute. If everyone helped us a just a little when they could, that's all it will take to keep us running strong! If you are in a unique position to help us in a bigger way, I'd like to sweeten the pot just a little....

For the first member who donates $500 or more here:

DONATE

I will send you this, from my personal collection:

PSA/DNA certified, autographed, Walter Jones Home Jersey. 100% the real deal.

Once again, thank you to all who are able to donate to Seahawks.NET, the finest Seahawks site in the known galaxy!
    :th2thumbs:
    Go Hawks!!!
    Scott
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Lead Admin *

Re: It's that time of year again!!!
Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:54 pm
  • I wish I had $500 to give, argghh! Someone is gonna step up, this is awesome.

I bet we could successfully run a full-scale, online fundraising auction with no variable overhead if in-kind donors would pay shipping on items they contribute, or, buyers would pay any actual shipping costs of items they win.

A simpler solution would be for members with the ability to give opening up their wallets and chipping in. This is a service that provides enjoyment for me. If you feel the same as I do about .NET, chipping in makes sense.

Scott, thank you for your generosity towards .NET.

Edit: clarified a shoddy sentence.
    Last edited by nanomoz on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:05 pm
  • just donated :) (woop!)...

not enough for that jersey though sadly..maybe a few threads :)

Okay no seriously .. Holy moly ... that is one very very awesome piece of memorabilia...... wow..... Someone will have to snag that, that is seriously awesome.
    byau
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:00 am
  • Can Mark donate to his own site?.....He is a Walter groupie.
    #BlackSabbathMatters
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:10 am
  • I'm in!

GO HAWKS!!!
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:49 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Can Mark donate to his own site?.....He is a Walter groupie.

I get the sentiment, I just want everyone to know that Mark (Rockhawk) does donate to his own site, to the tune of right about $300/month.
    Anguish
    * NET Co-Owner *

Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:09 am
  • Anguish wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Can Mark donate to his own site?.....He is a Walter groupie.

I get the sentiment, I just want everyone to know that Mark (Rockhawk) does donate to his own site, to the tune of right about $300/month.

Wow! :shock:

I hope there is also some Return on Investment for him beyond the intangibles of what the site provides fans.

I'm in! Thanks for making it so easy to contribute.
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:06 am
  • Ad Hawk wrote:
    Anguish wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Can Mark donate to his own site?.....He is a Walter groupie.

Wow! :shock:

I hope there is also some Return on Investment for him beyond the intangibles of what the site provides fans.

I'm in! Thanks for making it so easy to contribute.

I wrote this is the other topic, so here's just a cut and paste of that response...

Anguish wrote:$300/month is simply the cost for hardware (servers and such) and bandwidth.

If anyone realized what it takes to run a forum with the traffic that Seahawks.NET gets, they'd be very surprised that it has existed as long as it has without going the route of monetization. A true testament to those that have carried it over the years.

For all of the hand wringing that goes on about this little corner of the interwebz, this is one of few places that has existed for over a decade and a half for no other reason than to provide a voice for the 12th Man (yeah I wrote it) and the pride and joy of doing so.
    Anguish
    * NET Co-Owner *

Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:32 pm
  • So like, who else is gonna help Mark out?

Again, thanks to all who are able to donate. You guys are awesome!

We very much want to keep from having to lose 25% of our precious viewing space to an edge of ads. Flashing, nasty ads, for erectile dysfunction pills, preparation H, and credit cards...

Blecht!
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Lead Admin *

Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:56 pm
  • If you shop on Amazon or eBay, a small portion will go back to Seahawks.net and will not effect the price of your purchase in any way. It's simply a matter of using the links.

Thank you Scott for offering up the WJ jersey.
    Very admirable.

viewtopic.php?t=36584#p461376

viewtopic.php?t=66129#p885592
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:29 pm
  • My 2015 donation is in. Thanks to all who make this the best fan site in the business.
    Boiler
    NET Starter

Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:32 am
  • I would VERY much like to get this jersey. Houston could you please PM me?
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:00 pm
  • Members,

As per recent discussions and comments received, we are making the necessary changes and adjustments to the system to better account for donation activity. We believe it is extremely important that we provide as accurate data as possible and are working to make that happen as we speak.

Once again, we are quite humbled by those who have come forward to contribute so far. Rest assured, we will make sure those folks are recognized accordingly.

On behalf of all the staff at .NET...

Go Hawks!!! :icon_new:

Scott

donation_tracker/donate.php
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Lead Admin *

Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:56 pm
  • You may have noticed that we have removed all remnants of the old system rankings for site-support from all member profiles in the last few days. This was done for a few reasons, but most importantly, to upgrade the logo and to re-align these legacy rankings with current events.

I assure you this is not a hostile gesture, it is merely something on the "honey-doo" list that has been finally taken care of.

If you have donated your hard-earned cash in the past year and have been affected by this change, please know that we are systematically adding the appropriate rank to your user profiles as we access the donation received for 2015. In most cases, we need to hear from you, so please...

Send us an email to: admins@seahawks.net

Let us know the email address you used to make the Paypal donation, and how much your have donated. We will get your profile adjusted, post haste. I promise! 8)

The new rankings are:

Silver = $50 - $100
    Gold = $101 - $250
    Platinum = $251 and over

The Supporter insignia have all been expertly updated, by Anguish, to reflect a new, fresh design.

Thank you again for contributing to the finest Seahawks fan site anywhere!

Go Hawks!!! :0190l:

:icon_new:
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Lead Admin *

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:50 pm
  • What should each member target realistically to help out? I will donate now. Just appreciate everything you do as I have been a lurker and then a member for years.
    Mike 4G
    NET Starter

Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:10 pm
  • Donated. Thanks for everything.
    Mike 4G
    NET Starter

Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:18 am
  • OK, just donated and wish I could have donated more. Will try to next time around! This has been my go to site to find out the latest news outside of NFL.com and Seahawks.com and I appreciate all that everyone does to keep this site up and running. :D
    nrayorr
    NET Rookie

Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:25 pm
  • No need to apologize for any size of donation folks. $5 is appreciate just as much as more, so thank you so much!!!
    Love ya Les! You're in my thoughts every time I "Check my PM's"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:03 pm

It is currently Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:04 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET FAQ FORUM ]

Information