Reading from ntsf from an external hard drive..suggestions?

Post your Seahawks-related images, video, audio, designs and requests here! RATING: PG
  • Sorry for the tech-lameness but just started recording 1080P HD over the air to an NTSF format and I'm thinking of buying a 3+ TB external drive to save the next 10+ seasons of awesome.

Being truly tech unsavvy I need your insight to know if reading off of external Multi TB external drives at the speed necessary for viewing true hd is feasible.If so any recommendations for drives?

Thanks Ya'lls!
    "When you're running at me like that and I'm running at you...It's gonna be a nasty scene" BAMBAM!!
    tooshort
    NET Veteran

• Lets get this on 2 different forums so you can get better techie coverage.
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• The Radish wrote:Lets get this on 2 different forums so you can get better techie coverage.

Thanks for the wide coverage!
    "When you're running at me like that and I'm running at you...It's gonna be a nasty scene" BAMBAM!!
    tooshort
    NET Veteran

• Most TVs accept only a FAT-32 input. I think there are some that can read NTSF, but not many.

As far as being able to play? I don't see why there would be a problem. Also, the games are only broadcast in 1080i.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• I used to get 1080p with an hd antenna on local broadcasts.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

• Uffda wrote:I used to get 1080p with an hd antenna on local broadcasts.

Your box or TV converting from interlaced to progressive doesn't change the fact that it's broadcast in 1080i; or, in some cases, 720, which annoys me.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Uffda wrote:I used to get 1080p with an hd antenna on local broadcasts.

Your box or TV converting from interlaced to progressive doesn't change the fact that it's broadcast in 1080i; or, in some cases, 720, which annoys me.

Yeah, true 1080p is for the birds. It's the reason why 4k cameras are worthless so far, who the heck can play them!?
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• Shouldn't be a problem at all...I watch 1080p .mkv's with 7.1 Dolby TrueHD all the time off of a standard 5400 RPM 2.5" laptop EIDE drive connected via USB to my Samsung LED.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:53 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE MULTIMEDIA FORUM ]

Information